4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

I want a Sweet Ride again!

7/20/2013 2:41 AM

It occurred to Me I would like a vintage freestyle Bike like People had in The 80s specifically, not 90s. Just turned 32 and been gaining weight and figure it might also get me out riding etc. I remember getting a Western Flyer Freedom 2 in like 87 or 88 but it was stolen out of garage in broad daylight very shortly after getting it, cops even went to the "chop shop" and retrieved my mag wheels etc from the Culprits the very day and luckily Parents sprung for another bike soon after at a bike shop, A used Redline (Spoiled) BMX Style! Wasnt long before I had The "free flowing" crank or whatever and was happy as it was a sweet Bike also. I want to find an old "rider", not a show bike or Museum piece, what should I expect to pay Today for a vintage freestyle bike from the late 80s? Are these bikes incredibly hard to find now in whole/ridable condition? May settle for a 90s bike though but definitely dont want a department store bike but rather something a bit more rare to be proud of even if it does have scuffs etc. Took some pics of some old pics to share. Also borrowed a pic from an online source as I am standing in front of The WF Freedom2. Can anyone make an Identification year of production on My old redline? It does have mods though they shouldnt throw Anybody off. Those were "The Bikes"! Like all the "bells and whistles" the freestyle bikes have! Want something old!

7/20/2013 8:46 AM

LIAD, No comment?

7/20/2013 9:01 AM

What can I say.....I like your style man ! I used to have a bike like that myself. In chrome and red....still like it.

Gravity sucks

7/20/2013 9:10 AM

Well, I dont still dress like that lol Thanks! I dont mean to be the newb "only interested in value" or something but must admit I am interested in value as I got a feeling a lot of The bikes from back then just dont exist now or are changed beyond recognition. Thanks

7/20/2013 9:34 AM

Times change man. But I know what you mean. Personally I'm very fond of the good frames they made back in the days. A bit heavy but almost unbreakable.

Gravity sucks

7/20/2013 10:47 PM

Does anyone here know about vintage redline bikes?

8/16/2013 6:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2013 9:14 PM

FreestyleFan1987 wrote: Well, I dont still dress like that lol Thanks! I dont mean to be the newb "only interested in value" or something but must admit I am interested in value as I got a feeling a lot of The bikes from back then just dont exist now or are changed beyond recognition. Thanks

I'll let this Gt go for $SOLD$$

8/17/2013 3:28 AM

Thanks but no thanks, thats a good looking bike though. I got a 95 vfr as I was anxious and bought first bike I could get my hands on lol. Do want to stick with gt though but gonna get a freestyle like performer or vertigo. Heres one i spent 90 on but wish i hadnt as want different style frame.

8/17/2013 4:16 AM

No thanks but nice bike. got a 95 vfr for 90 and wish i had put that towards a different bike like a performer or vertigo.
Post a Reply to: I want a Sweet Ride again!

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm