4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Older Riders!

10/7/2012 8:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2012 8:27 PM

Seeing all your guys' complaining about all the younger "fashionable" pretentious emo kids, etc has put such a smile on my face! hahaaa .... I am an old schooler (just turned 42) that has fell in love with it again, and almost my entire crew I rode with back in the day has all come back out and got bikes ... having SOOOO mcuh fun with it!

I started racing BMX at Hackettstown NJ from around 1979-ish through 84' and then by 85' switched over to just jumping and then by 86' got hardcore into flatland freestyle and rode till about 92' and then quit (was a sponsored competitive surfer then and also hardcore skateboarder).

I have built 2 bikes so far and will continuously keep updating them as I go. One bike I have for dirt/jumping and the other is for flatland/street/park. Next up, building a bike for a "pumptrack" style jump track my friends and I are gonna build. Really interested in learning to jump good again while I still have a couple years left in me. ;-)

The dirt/jumper is getting a 25/9t gear conversion, and, I might also convert to 24"frame & wheels, ........ however, the flatland/street/park bike is statying with the 42/16 because it's easier to ride out of flatland tricks in my opinion. ..... plus, I dont subscribe to using this or that because some thing is "fashionable" or hip. I'm too old school for that pretentious shit. You also wont catch me wearing those painted-on, tight-ass nuthugger girls jeans all the emo/indie hipsters wear.

Anyway, so stoked to be riding again and it's been a blast to work on bikes again! Hope to meet new peeps to ride with and learn where some fun spots are to ride and get back in the loop. If anyone reading this is from New Jersey, hit me up, call me, email me, Facebook me, whatever!!! It's been a LONG time and I'm "out of the loop". Needs some cool new friends closer to my age to ride and talk shop with.

~ Mark Sisom

Check Out My Bike Check
Instagram: @marksisom

10/8/2012 9:26 AM

dave lawrence wrote: I want front brakes to be more popular again. I go back and forth on them, but I love em. Hell, brakes in general. I am sick of 11 year olds slamming into me to stop. I tell them to put brakes on and they reply "I don't need brakes". Yea, try again kid. You only stopped because you hit me. Put some damn brakes on.

I also dislike the "You don't have (insert brand here), your bike is shit" or "I can see your seatpost, slam it, pull off your brakes and your bike MIGHT be ok". Really? Kids that say that typically have an entry level complete. It's retarded.

I miss the "You ride, I ride, let's be buddies" aspect of even just 10 years ago. Didn't matter what you ride, just that you rode. Now if you aren't an exact clone, you aren't cool.

Eimanatox wrote: epic analogy.

E X A C T L Y !!!!

Man I wish everyone in this thread lived near each other so we could all get together and ride .... and make fun of the emo girlie fashion riders ..... ;-) hahahaaaa

I'm 42 and loving every reply in this thread!!!!

FWIW - My bike is set up for ME ... not how it should be "perceived" to be set up or what is the current trend.

Check Out My Bike Check

10/9/2012 11:51 AM

Uniforms! I miss the days of seeing real bike teams come to your town and actually put on a show. It was cool when our sport had identifiable riders. Nowadays all the riders look just like all the spectators. Boring. No magic there at all. Now Il give props to the new riders, they have mad skills. Stuff we wouldnt have thought of but who cares....boring.

11/25/2012 6:22 AM

dave lawrence wrote: I want front brakes to be more popular again. I go back and forth on them, but I love em. Hell, brakes in general. I am sick of 11 year olds slamming into me to stop. I tell them to put brakes on and they reply "I don't need brakes". Yea, try again kid. You only stopped because you hit me. Put some damn brakes on.

I also dislike the "You don't have (insert brand here), your bike is shit" or "I can see your seatpost, slam it, pull off your brakes and your bike MIGHT be ok". Really? Kids that say that typically have an entry level complete. It's retarded.

I miss the "You ride, I ride, let's be buddies" aspect of even just 10 years ago. Didn't matter what you ride, just that you rode. Now if you aren't an exact clone, you aren't cool.

Eimanatox wrote: epic analogy.

MarkSisom wrote: E X A C T L Y !!!!

Man I wish everyone in this thread lived near each other so we could all get together and ride .... and make fun of the emo girlie fashion riders ..... ;-) hahahaaaa

I'm 42 and loving every reply in this thread!!!!

FWIW - My bike is set up for ME ... not how it should be "perceived" to be set up or what is the current trend.

Man I totally agree with this. Btw, 40 and back riding after 6 yrs off even tho then progression stopped at 20 when I got married and had kids. Young kids it seems do not have the concept of being themselves. They feel they have to be a "clone" to fit in. I say clone a lot. I was telling a couple of other guys who ride. Why do you think young brakeless kids don't pull up and acknowledge us? Is it because we're old? Or we have a brake on our bike? Now I got it, our seat isn't slammed. Kids are so close minded these days. Back 20 or 10 yrs ago. You could ride up to anyone and ride with them. Now...not. Don't get me started on the fred flintstone foot brake either. Sadly lots of good pro's who rode a brake or two took them off and in my book aren't any better. Don't get me wrong they're fucking sick riders like Enarson, Reynolds, Allan Cooke, Mirra, Harrington, Martinez, Kimbrough for example who killed it with a brake, but got caught up on the bandwagon trend. Now they do all of the same tricks because being brakeless has limited them. Shit I remember when Allan Cooke would go big as fuck on ramps. Now, bunryhop bars spins with a freecoaster. I rambled on but damn if the direction of this sport doesn't piss me off a bit. If any of you older guys are from Florida or live near the Clearwater area. Hit me up for some street, dirt, flat, ramps.

12/14/2012 10:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2012 10:15 AM

Heres a old school story for you. My original dirt jump spot was burger king trails in new jersey. I was very fortunate to be friends with the builders who happen to be outstanding bmx racers. It took me a minute to get up to clearing the jumps and get the whole flow,and these guys not making it easy lol. Always changing and progressing. Back then it was really a race track for them to practice with berms and smaller dubs leading into this massive tabletop, big even by todays standards. So i finally clearing the big jump getting some tricks dialed like cans, no footers etc. Back then in late 80s to early 90s there was no internet or way of telling how big these jumps were. After being there a few years it seem normal to me hitting big 20 foot throw ups. One day I was there solo getting some laps in and really feeling good. This one run i had a moment of clarity. You remember when you were yong having these moments when everything just lined up perfect? I had one mid set and feeling invincable so I decided this was the time for me to step it up. I come into the big table and throw a huge slow spin 360 with perfect speed, landing everything. It happen soo smooth and effortless i was shocked. Then i got an idea this would be great if i could spin 3s left and right. So i go thru again and stick another massive 3 to the left. At this point I cant believe this is happening. Never attempt anything that huge before. I was soo young and ignorant I actually thought by landing these two 3s I had mastered the 360 for life and completely had them dialed. Well I go home and hollar at the crew yoo i got the huge 3s dialed lol. Most didnt believe me and I just said you know what make sure everybody at the trails tmrw because I going to put it down. Next day everyone there and it time to show what i thought was in the bag. I mean i landed it yestrday right. I know it happened but no witnesses so now it time to do again. Some reason i not feeling that clarity again and really nervous about it actually. I start my run in going thru the track, here it comes. I throw up big and immediately not feeling right. I under rotate and stay with the bike and way over shoot landing. A nice combination if you looking to break some bones. This was one of the worst crashes i ever had and still remember that whole event like it yestrday. Never have 3s completely mastered specially when talking about big air. Somehow i made it away with just breaking my bike and spirit that time. From that day forward I always affraid to launch huge 3s. Now i only doing bunny hop 3s and happy to stay with that. Still dont think anyone belives that i landed the big 360 on the table. I wish i had a gopro back then but will never forget the feeling of sticking those first two huge 360s.

The bigger the bust the better the boost.

12/14/2012 10:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2012 10:19 AM

big props and respect to the old burgerking crew. After the town came in and plowed they move to a new spot and still jumping right now! Those guys are some of the most talented riders i ever seen still to this day. None of them are taking pics or bragging about anything. Some real talented good peeps. These days kids are hitting 720s on 50 footers when they 12 years old lol.

The bigger the bust the better the boost.

12/21/2012 10:14 AM

What I love about getting older is I dont really care what the latest and greatest is, I ride what works for me and smile the whole time, cause isnt that what it is about?? Still a kid at heart, Santa is brining me some new tires for CHristmas!! (skinwalls, I am glad they brought those back)

12/21/2012 8:20 PM

I am 32...not as good of a rider as I use to be, I stay away from parks after wrecking in 2010...

I am starting 2013 off on my favorite frame of all time...FBM Angel of Death via a trade for my Solid...gonna miss my Solid but it just doesnt work out geometry wise

I love BMX and bikes in general, I can always find something positive on almost any bike...they are like art, but some are ugly as sin lol

refs - blueep3piece

1/2/2013 10:35 PM

motomonkey wrote: What I love about getting older is I dont really care what the latest and greatest is, I ride what works for me and smile the whole time, cause isnt that what it is about?? Still a kid at heart, Santa is brining me some new tires for CHristmas!! (skinwalls, I am glad they brought those back)

I completely agree. Function> looks or trend. My bike is perfect for me and how I ride. It also happens to be a tank, which helps since im not a 150lb kid anymore and haven't been in 25 years, haha.

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

3/31/2013 3:55 PM

Damn I miss the Burger King jumps in Hackettstown. That was a second home for me for so many years. I recently just took my son back there its real overgrown but has tons of potential to be a cool spot again. Unfortunately it wouldn't have the huge monster. But you could build some decent jumps still. Tried to go show him the old Bergen track on the north side of town they have that locked down like fort Knox. We have a cool spot where I live now in Liberty township/ Mountain lake. It needs some TLC but hoping some old skool riders from way back hit me up on here so we can possibly get together and reclaim some of our old stomping grounds.

3/31/2013 7:53 PM

oldskoolstreetkid wrote: Damn I miss the Burger King jumps in Hackettstown. That was a second home for me for so many years. I recently just took my son back there its real overgrown but has tons of potential to be a cool spot again. Unfortunately it wouldn't have the huge monster. But you could build some decent jumps still. Tried to go show him the old Bergen track on the north side of town they have that locked down like fort Knox. We have a cool spot where I live now in Liberty township/ Mountain lake. It needs some TLC but hoping some old skool riders from way back hit me up on here so we can possibly get together and reclaim some of our old stomping grounds.

I'm originally from up that way, would love a reason to go back up there. I ride with a bunch of other old schoolers in central and south Jerz. Would be fun to ride each other's spots. Let's link up.

Check Out My Bike Check

3/31/2013 7:54 PM

oldskoolstreetkid wrote: Damn I miss the Burger King jumps in Hackettstown. That was a second home for me for so many years. I recently just took my son back there its real overgrown but has tons of potential to be a cool spot again. Unfortunately it wouldn't have the huge monster. But you could build some decent jumps still. Tried to go show him the old Bergen track on the north side of town they have that locked down like fort Knox. We have a cool spot where I live now in Liberty township/ Mountain lake. It needs some TLC but hoping some old skool riders from way back hit me up on here so we can possibly get together and reclaim some of our old stomping grounds.

MarkSisom wrote: I'm originally from up that way, would love a reason to go back up there. I ride with a bunch of other old schoolers in central and south Jerz. Would be fun to ride each other's spots. Let's link up.

....Oh, and, I travel with shovel and rake. ;-)

Check Out My Bike Check

3/31/2013 8:26 PM

Dude I would be stoked to ride. I went down to the local spot tonight needs some chainsaw work sandy thrashed the backside of the track.

4/2/2013 9:31 PM

I'm 33 years old. Considering I used to be a trail rider and BMX racer (used same bike for both), I actually have no problem with the whole "weight weenie" thing. As a racer in the 80's-90's and I'm sure today, you wanted your bike light as possible because it was less weight to worry about moving around the track...a heavier bike would bog you down and make it that much difficult to sprint around the track on. I do remember when "freestyle" bikes were tanks though. I didn't ride street or park back in those days though, so maybe that's why I don't see a problem with it either. My bike is right around 22 lbs and feels fine. I weigh 185 lbs, ride 36 h wheels, and have had no problems.

I'm not into the big bar thing though. I ride 8" rise bars and they feel fine. I'm also only 5'8" though. It really looks ridiculous seeing kids riding around with Perfect 10s and they're only 5'3". I also agree that skinny jeans look gay, but my generation had the opposite problem...anyone remember JNCO and Kikwear jeans for example?? I'm guilty of owning a couple pairs myself, and tearing them up in my 44t Profile sprocket.

Overall, I like the current frame geometry, but as a guy coming from a dirt and bmx background, these bike are more similar to the geo I used to ride.

I can't stand the damn slammed seats though. I like to be able to pedal when sitting down; what's the point of even having a seat otherwise???? Many trials bikes don't have seats, so why not make frames without them completely if you like that kind of thing?

I don't mind the smaller sprockets either, considering the gear ratio is approximately the same as what I used to run. Currently running 25/9 (~2.78), used to run 44/16 (2.75).

What I miss is my old ATI Pistol grips. I run ODI longnecks now though and they feel pretty similar, especcially after throwing them in boiling water for 3 minutes and then stretching them out.

I also like the fact that most of the rider-owned companies seem to dominate now. I do agree though that so many companies copies each other though, and that trends seem to override functionality. Originality is definitely lacking for the most part, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Lastly, I also am appalled by the shit attitudes of many of todays kids, but I wasn't an angel by any means as a kid either. They'll grow up some day and think the next generation is worse than them. That's been the trend long before we were here. Anyway, I'm just stoked to see so many "older" riders on here that are still tearing it up.

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

4/16/2013 6:28 AM

i'm 32 and just getting back into riding. just bought a 1990 gt performer in excellent shape. looking to buy 3 more and have a whole set of restored bikes.

excited! the bikes today blow. no detail on them. the old gts are badass.

4/16/2013 6:47 AM

Modern bikes are far superior to that old GT you purchased.

I get tired of hearing that modern bmx isn't cool by old people that stopped riding years ago.

Freestyle was always about progression and frames/parts as well as the tricks progressed. The reason you don't see modern frames with bends in the frame tubes and pieces of metal welded all over is because it doesn't help the performance of the bike, for the most part.

Look into Sunday and modern flatland frames if you want something that looks different.

have fun doing Miami Hoppers.

4/16/2013 6:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2013 7:04 AM

no its because the world got cheap and corporate greed rules the U.S. and the world now. The old gt's had so much detail and everything was customized to the brand even if another company made the part. the grips said gt, the seat said gt, the frame had gt stamped in it, the chainwheel said gt, the flywheel said gt, and on and on. the detail and craftsmanship was there. companies today cant afford to do $hit like that because shareholders want to milk every last cent of profit possible and $hit like that sacrifices.

I do a quick manufacturer website search now and the new bikes are plain jane. a boring looking frame with components bolted on. they are plain jane god damn boring. and the colors suck too. http://www.harobikes.com/bmx/bikes/ every bike on that page is so plain and boring looking its pathetic. the only thing I've seen trick is gt's 2014 carbon fiber frame. http://www.bmxnews.com/2013/03/first-look-2014-gt-speed-series-carbon/ now that is badass

4/16/2013 8:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2013 8:06 AM

gerard143 wrote: no its because the world got cheap and corporate greed rules the U.S. and the world now. The old gt's had so much detail and everything was customized to the brand even if another company made the part. the grips said gt, the seat said gt, the frame had gt stamped in it, the chainwheel said gt, the flywheel said gt, and on and on. the detail and craftsmanship was there. companies today cant afford to do $hit like that because shareholders want to milk every last cent of profit possible and $hit like that sacrifices.

I do a quick manufacturer website search now and the new bikes are plain jane. a boring looking frame with components bolted on. they are plain jane god damn boring. and the colors suck too. http://www.harobikes.com/bmx/bikes/ every bike on that page is so plain and boring looking its pathetic. the only thing I've seen trick is gt's 2014 carbon fiber frame. http://www.bmxnews.com/2013/03/first-look-2014-gt-speed-series-carbon/ now that is badass

First off, that carbon frame is RACING frame, not a freestyle frame, although I dont doubt dirt riding would be sweet on it. ... However, what you need to understand is it's function over form now. You still want pink Trick Stars and "different" LOOKING stuff ... I agree that back in the day there was a big difference in looks between different brands, etc and the diversity of the LOOKS was really cool and made having bikes fun in that respect. But the different looks meant NOTHING in terms of performance. Me, I was a GT Pro Performer guy back in the day. Back then I liked the geometry of those frames TEN TIMES better than the Haro Freestyler with the double top tubes (I couldnt do jack shit on that bike) and the Hutch Trickstar was too short of a frame for me. ...

HOWEVER ... What you are failing to see is that what has changed nowadays is the geometry. It's WAY more functional! I'm not worried about vanity and how cool and different my bike looks if it means I can ride better!

I took a 15 year absence from riding and when I first got back into it a couple years ago I thought the same thing: Man the bikes kinda look all the same, all straight tubes, yadda yadda ... I was resistent at first and wanted to rebuild an old retro GT Performer like my old late 80's bikes ... Then I remembered how I broke shit all the time ... Gotta admit, pegs, cranks and rims broke left and right back then, at least for me. Now they are fucking diesel strong. Have you noticed the thickness of today's wheel axles? for instance? THICK. Rims - Double walled! ... See where I'm going?

I dont give a crap that my bike isnt covered in logos and GT branded on every part or that my bottom tube isnt bent at a unique weird angle .. sorry but that doesnt make you ride better!! ... You want to stand out? Bust out and shred and turn heads instead of making your bike look like a rainbow! lol

If you want your bike to look different and you think it looks too plain you can always do some fancy paintjobs on some of the parts, etc and add your own twist to it.

I put down my guard on that old school thought and finally embraced the new bikes because the new bikes can take a WAY worse beating than the old bikes and the geometry has improved greatly. I'm blown away by how well I can still ride a bike at 42 yo on a *new* bike .... I'm skying jumps again ... and STOKED!!!!

Why do you need fancy angled tubing and GT logos an EVERY part? That doesnt make you ride better, it just makes you look like a jaded rider worried more about how old school and unique your bike looks and not how it WORKS ... and lasts.

Then again, "to each his own". Cheers and ride hard! ;-)

Check Out My Bike Check

4/16/2013 8:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2013 8:22 AM

Good post. Me I could care less about performance. I just want a trick looking bike and the gt performers have always won my heart. Love the things. Had it as a child and glad to have another one. Everytime I look at it it is eye candy to me like a dime piece Victoria's Secret model lol. I never got into bmx racing or freestyle much I just trail rode the shit out of it with my buddies back in the day. Made a few ramps. Nothing too crazy. So performance doesn't matter much to me. To each their own.

4/16/2013 8:53 AM

gerard143 wrote: Good post. Me I could care less about performance. I just want a trick looking bike and the gt performers have always won my heart. Love the things. Had it as a child and glad to have another one. Everytime I look at it it is eye candy to me like a dime piece Victoria's Secret model lol. I never got into bmx racing or freestyle much I just trail rode the shit out of it with my buddies back in the day. Made a few ramps. Nothing too crazy. So performance doesn't matter much to me. To each their own.

That is a good point, and if you arent worried about performance and you are just gonna tool around on it and not do anythign too crazy, than shit yeah rebuild a badass looking retro! I definitely admit that my favorite LOOKING bikes, and the one closest to my heart for nostalgia, is my old GT Performers!!! They were by FAR the best looking freestyle bikes ever in my opinion!!! .... Especially the all chromed-out one I built once! That thing looked bad-fucking-ass!!! ;-)

However, now I'm addicted to riding dirt jumps, and also trying some street/park riding that didnt exist back int he day and is new to me ... so and cant afford to keep buying parts so I went with new school for strength and geometry .... which I truly believe is what is letting me be able to ride the way I am at my age now.

Ride on!

Check Out My Bike Check

4/16/2013 1:41 PM

gearad143- get over to bmx museum dot com. They're your kind of people.

4/16/2013 3:02 PM

I use it daily

5/1/2013 1:01 PM

I guess I'm an older rider @ 31 coming off a ten year break but I've got no real complaints about the new school, just do ya own ting I say, life's to short to have judgements and opinions about shit I don't give a fuck about, I love how bmx has progressed both the riding and the bikes, I even dig some of the fashion I guess but I've got my own style on and off my bike.

Bmx4life.

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

5/1/2013 1:58 PM

43 last month, got back into it as taking my son to skate park, got really bored reading the paper and drinking coffee. Plus I had to give up long distance running and "performance" sports due to an illness last year, which I am over. Bought a second hand WTP Envy, and felt like a clown on one of those tiny bikes at the circus, but enough to get me going again. Have just bought a T1 Ruben, which I love riding more than my MTB. New skate park opened in Manchester by two older BMXers, who are threatening an old skool Middle Aged Shred night...awesome.

PS - buy a Ruben, the geometry is sick, light, stable in the air, and wants to carve

5/5/2013 3:12 AM

Honestly, all I can remember about my old bikes is a set of California Lite pads, and some white Skyway Tuff Wheel II mags, and a "laid back" seat post. My bike riding days ended in like 9th grade when I got interested in skateboarding and I thought being stoned like 20 hours a day was a good idea. I walked around like a dumb ass with some hideous black pants that had skulls and x- bones all over them with my green swede Vision Street Wear shoes. (How did I not get my ass kicked for that? Well I prolly did.. I just couldn't remember)

Now @ 39, my 26 year streak of no riding came about a month ago when I was getting ready to teach my 5 year old daughter to ride her princess bike with no training wheels. Why do they call 'em training wheels? They don't train you to do a damn thing except how not to balance, and to keep your feet on the pedals when you stop. I guess you learn to pedal, but a damn Big Wheel handles that one! I said fuck it one day and went to a BMX shop "to check prices" and ten minutes later I was putting a Redline flight pro 24 in the back of my truck. It's a red/white 2012 model, so that helped me justify the price tag on it when I showed my wife (The bike, not the receipt) I was like yeah baby, they had an old last years model so they gave me 20% off! I was smiling real big waiting for her to ask, "20% off of what, like $80.00?"

-You can outdistance that which is running after you....... But not what is running inside you.

5/5/2013 3:24 PM

doug-b wrote: Honestly, all I can remember about my old bikes is a set of California Lite pads, and some white Skyway Tuff Wheel II mags, and a "laid back" seat post. My bike riding days ended in like 9th grade when I got interested in skateboarding and I thought being stoned like 20 hours a day was a good idea. I walked around like a dumb ass with some hideous black pants that had skulls and x- bones all over them with my green swede Vision Street Wear shoes. (How did I not get my ass kicked for that? Well I prolly did.. I just couldn't remember)

Now @ 39, my 26 year streak of no riding came about a month ago when I was getting ready to teach my 5 year old daughter to ride her princess bike with no training wheels. Why do they call 'em training wheels? They don't train you to do a damn thing except how not to balance, and to keep your feet on the pedals when you stop. I guess you learn to pedal, but a damn Big Wheel handles that one! I said fuck it one day and went to a BMX shop "to check prices" and ten minutes later I was putting a Redline flight pro 24 in the back of my truck. It's a red/white 2012 model, so that helped me justify the price tag on it when I showed my wife (The bike, not the receipt) I was like yeah baby, they had an old last years model so they gave me 20% off! I was smiling real big waiting for her to ask, "20% off of what, like $80.00?"

Hey Man, I am sure the Mrs will understand, like I said to mine, as far as mid-life crisis' go, its cheaper and healthier than getting a gambling habit, running off with a stripper or getting a taste for Bolivian marching powder, plus my son thinks its cool, which is pretty good for a teenager to think about his old dad.

6/6/2013 11:47 AM

What is funny nowadays is all these kids like you guys have said all want the big brand names 1 year I was at the skatepark in Las Vegas during inter bike i was talking to a guy from s&m and this other guy and come to find out from the other guys is he was the guy thar makss most of the cranks out there he was listening to these two kids arguing about cranks 1 kid like poverty the other kids like profile and the guy said u guys r the dum ass kids i make my money from cause him o
ne other company make all the cranks out there they just put every ones names on there and same with skate boards i I believe there is only two companies that make all the decks for all the other companies out there these kids now days are dorks including my older son he wanted a fit i gave him my s&m next generation holams n he didnt want it cuz it wasnt a fit n i told him who the hell do u think owns fit s&m does

6/6/2013 3:09 PM

What?

Profile makes their own cranks.

also, please use better punctuation.

6/7/2013 10:32 AM

mclendine wrote: What is funny nowadays is all these kids like you guys have said all want the big brand names 1 year I was at the skatepark in Las Vegas during inter bike i was talking to a guy from s&m and this other guy and come to find out from the other guys is he was the guy thar makss most of the cranks out there he was listening to these two kids arguing about cranks 1 kid like poverty the other kids like profile and the guy said u guys r the dum ass kids i make my money from cause him o
ne other company make all the cranks out there they just put every ones names on there and same with skate boards i I believe there is only two companies that make all the decks for all the other companies out there these kids now days are dorks including my older son he wanted a fit i gave him my s&m next generation holams n he didnt want it cuz it wasnt a fit n i told him who the hell do u think owns fit s&m does

So why don't you want him to have a Fit then? Fit Frames are the same price as S&M's, some are even cheaper. Your Holmes is highly outdated, a good collectors item, but it will be about twice as heavy and about 1/3 as reliable and durable as a new Fit.

6/7/2013 2:09 PM

I was carving the bowl at the local skate park one lunchtime recently, and the guys their new who Ruben Alcantara was, and had a quick go on my bike and liked the geo. The funny thing was they didn't know who TerribleOne were, one guy recalled he'd read about them in an old Tom Dugan bio. I guess you never want to listen to the same tunes as your folks, and bikes are no different. I just feel that the current scene needs a few new DIY/Underdog brands to shake it up a bit.
Post a Reply to: Older Riders!

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm