4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Out with the old in with the new.

2/23/2013 4:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2014 2:56 AM

First bike I ever owned, aged 12 ( the bike pictured is not the actual bike tho

Thank fuck.

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

2/23/2013 5:37 PM

lol i remember dynos like that, one of my cousins had one

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

2/23/2013 6:15 PM

The dyno was shite, at the end of its life the forks were horizontal from learning how to 3 a fly out dirt jump, did really love it at the time tho.

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

2/24/2013 2:20 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote: The dyno was shite, at the end of its life the forks were horizontal from learning how to 3 a fly out dirt jump, did really love it at the time tho.

wouldnt really know we were like 8, we would just ride off of little docks and jump off of dirt mounds lol

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

2/25/2013 7:12 PM

Here is the old bike from back in the day:

Here is the new one:

I miss that old Schwinn. It was a full CrMo frame and all hand welded. That bike was the shit for its time.

7/21/2013 3:20 PM

Nice Bikes! Why are the seats on new bmx & freestyle bikes set so low now?

9/9/2013 2:14 PM

clearence i suppose. When you throw a whip some people get caught. then cried.....then cut there post down....... then became gay.

9/18/2013 11:49 AM

BRANDON_90 wrote: clearence i suppose. When you throw a whip some people get caught. then cried.....then cut there post down....... then became gay.

Lol...
Hit the nail on the proverbial head.
We were tougher and stronger back then, and thigh gashes with whips were part of the game. So were 50-60 lb bikes, thank god they got lighter...

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

9/19/2013 10:10 AM

BRANDON_90 wrote: clearence i suppose. When you throw a whip some people get caught. then cried.....then cut there post down....... then became gay.

boston wrote: Lol...
Hit the nail on the proverbial head.
We were tougher and stronger back then, and thigh gashes with whips were part of the game. So were 50-60 lb bikes, thank god they got lighter...

haha

9/27/2013 11:11 AM

nice, those wheels seem huge what are those? im just thinking of getting back on the wheels after years and im wondering, i notice everyone has those small like 25t sprockets and my old bike im about to restore is still rocking the old school 44t, any benefits to switching?

9/27/2013 12:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2013 12:16 PM

daewootech wrote: nice, those wheels seem huge what are those? im just thinking of getting back on the wheels after years and im wondering, i notice everyone has those small like 25t sprockets and my old bike im about to restore is still rocking the old school 44t, any benefits to switching?

If you are looking at Soulrebelrastaman's bike those are 20" Animal MTT tires. If you are looking at my bike, they are 24" Odyssey Path P-Lytes.

You just want to make sure you maintain a gear ratio that works for you. The 10/28 drive train that is on my bike is a nice compromise between ease of pedaling and top speed. If you have say a 16 tooth driver with that 44 tooth sprocket, it will have a similar feel to what I'm riding.

I guess the main advantage to a smaller sprocket is a marginal weight savings and possibly aesthetics.

9/27/2013 1:00 PM

LokiWolflord wrote: If you are looking at Soulrebelrastaman's bike those are 20" Animal MTT tires. If you are looking at my bike, they are 24" Odyssey Path P-Lytes.

You just want to make sure you maintain a gear ratio that works for you. The 10/28 drive train that is on my bike is a nice compromise between ease of pedaling and top speed. If you have say a 16 tooth driver with that 44 tooth sprocket, it will have a similar feel to what I'm riding.

I guess the main advantage to a smaller sprocket is a marginal weight savings and possibly aesthetics.

yeah i was talking about the OP post, maybe its a bigger width, i noticed alot of tires are starting to say 20x2.3, maybe theyre running beefier than i remember.

With the gearing i understand the rations are both about 2.7:1 or vice versa 1:2.7? but yeah i understand the math, i totally forgot the math on that, i think i was running a 16:44 but i have to double check, i like the idea of having a smaller sprocket, both aesthetically as well as logistically, just today i was moving my bike in the garage before i left to work and had a sprocket shaped grease mark on my pants, a smaller sprocket would probably help that.

9/30/2013 11:26 AM

daewootech wrote: nice, those wheels seem huge what are those? im just thinking of getting back on the wheels after years and im wondering, i notice everyone has those small like 25t sprockets and my old bike im about to restore is still rocking the old school 44t, any benefits to switching?

Well the reason is so when you drop in you don't whack you sprocket on the coping and smash it and the chain to pieces. but does look better

10/1/2013 1:20 PM

I still have few old bikes

10/2/2013 9:20 AM

NOSGOD wrote: I still have few old bikes

Thats how my backyard looks daily . :D haha

10/3/2013 3:03 AM

Bmx seemed so much more unique back in the day.

Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon

photo bike_zpsb600f46b.jpg

10/8/2013 1:43 AM

Dat Goose with the Pro Class wheels! Damn I miss my Cali Pro! :-(

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

10/13/2013 3:16 PM

Chuck8273 wrote: Dat Goose with the Pro Class wheels! Damn I miss my Cali Pro! :-(

i parting all of this out over the past 3-weeks and I will Trade Old School 4 New school stuff i need

10/20/2013 10:04 AM

NOSGOD wrote: i parting all of this out over the past 3-weeks and I will Trade Old School 4 New school stuff i need

Ive been jonesing for a motomag with a coaster brake!

10/22/2013 9:58 AM

@NOSGOD,
Cool bikes man ! Got enough spare parts ???

Gravity sucks

10/22/2013 10:41 AM

Life is a Dive wrote: @NOSGOD,
Cool bikes man ! Got enough spare parts ???

Thanks man,I get stuff ever 2-weeks %99 of what you see in the pic has been sold,or traded off. I buy-sell-trade old school bmx year round,so fel free to hit on your old school bmx needs

1/2/2014 5:45 PM

NOSGOD wrote: Thanks man,I get stuff ever 2-weeks %99 of what you see in the pic has been sold,or traded off. I buy-sell-trade old school bmx year round,so fel free to hit on your old school bmx needs

dude what part of cali? sweet pic

HEAVY bikes METAL music

Post a Reply to: Out with the old in with the new.

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm