4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

When Did Boardshorts Start Getting Popular?

3/31/2013 11:33 PM

They seem kinda retro, so I was curious.

I'm so glad I haven't got my bike stolen.

4/1/2013 12:35 AM

Have they ever been popular in BMX? I suppose I do sometimes wear them when it is really hot here (30 Celsius+).

4/2/2013 4:09 PM

BMX_Forever wrote: Have they ever been popular in BMX? I suppose I do sometimes wear them when it is really hot here (30 Celsius+).

Every rider wears boardshorts. Well, during the summer at least.

4/3/2013 12:14 AM

BMX_Forever wrote: Have they ever been popular in BMX? I suppose I do sometimes wear them when it is really hot here (30 Celsius+).

Angstystudio wrote: Every rider wears boardshorts. Well, during the summer at least.

Around here very, very few people do, and even then only in the hottest days of the summer.

4/4/2013 4:06 PM

Angstystudio wrote: Every rider wears boardshorts. Well, during the summer at least.

BMX_Forever wrote: Around here very, very few people do, and even then only in the hottest days of the summer.

Well in California, they're very popular. Nobody here likes mesh shorts or jean shorts.

4/4/2013 9:12 PM

Hmmmm...the only kids around here who wear boardshorts are the jocks or prep types that ride longboards to look like a hipster. Same thing with the fixie dudes. Whatever, cargos till I die!

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

4/5/2013 1:01 AM

BMX_Forever wrote: Around here very, very few people do, and even then only in the hottest days of the summer.

Angstystudio wrote: Well in California, they're very popular. Nobody here likes mesh shorts or jean shorts.

Here, no one wears shorts till the summer, and even then not even half of the riders wear them.

4/5/2013 1:45 PM

Madtown608 wrote: Hmmmm...the only kids around here who wear boardshorts are the jocks or prep types that ride longboards to look like a hipster. Same thing with the fixie dudes. Whatever, cargos till I die!

Lol

9/9/2013 7:41 AM

I know this is an old thread but...

I have to start by saying that I have never lived on the coast...

In Dallas, we used to wear that style of shorts in the mid 80's. They were popular among all groups. Back then they were called "Jams". The big brands were Jams and Op and you could only find them in Hawaiian prints. I didn't really notice that style of shorts coming back until MMA started taking off in the early 2000's. But then again, I was never on a coastline to see what people were wearing.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/jams-shorts

2/16/2014 11:42 AM

Here in Puerto Rico everyone wears boardshorts for all occasions, I mainly wear Dickies shorts cause when you sweat it doesnt show, and they are tough as shit!
Post a Reply to: When Did Boardshorts Start Getting Popular?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm