4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

barspins

8/29/2010 9:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2010 7:26 AM

when did pinching yourseat for a barspin become uncool. you look at youtube on videos labeled (my first barspin) where stupid poeple can't figure out that if you raise your seat an inch or two and pinch it, you can learn them without your bike falling out from under you it takes three times longer to learn them.just wondering.

ride your damn bike

8/29/2010 9:06 PM

ride your damn bike

9/11/2010 12:15 PM

IDK

vital's redneck

9/11/2010 1:40 PM

gay bro

12/14/2010 5:29 AM

Some motherfuckas are always trying to ice skate uphill... lolz!!

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

3/9/2011 1:24 AM

haha cause its funner

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/14/2011 5:49 PM

swalowMY cockachino wrote: haha cause its funner

yea it is

check profile for refs

email: r-alejandro-b@hotmail.com

3/27/2011 11:09 AM

cause you really dont have to pinch to do bars

4/12/2011 2:15 PM

I'm trying to learn them right now too... I stopped riding for a while and when I got back into it, I had to re-learn most of my tricks because the frames and parts evolved so much. Gotta go with the changes or get left behind right?

Guys have any advice on how to do it other than pinching the seat?

Down since 93 and will always be...

4/16/2011 5:52 AM

u dont HAVE to pinch the seat.

4/22/2011 6:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2011 6:03 PM

i learned how to do barspins about 12 years ago.. then didn't ride a bike for 10 years..
i recently got my bike out and started messing around with it.
i wish i would have learned how to do a barspin without putting one of my feet on the pegs and pinching my seat, because now i see people doing a 180 bunny hop while doing a bar-spin and its just crazy..

here is a video of me doing barspins.
note, that i maybe have ridden a bike 10 hours total in the last 10 years, when this video was taken..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Gc00D9PVI

i used to be able to jump over the handlebars.. now i have a beer gut and am old..

6/24/2011 7:18 AM

Steven_Case wrote: when did pinching yourseat for a barspin become uncool. you look at youtube on videos labeled (my first barspin) where stupid poeple can't figure out that if you raise your seat an inch or two and pinch it, you can learn them without your bike falling out from under you it takes three times longer to learn them.just wondering.

it just looks cleaner without pinching the seat but doing it while your learning it will help.

7/4/2011 8:55 PM

Pinch the cranks?

Shakesman69: My penis is SMALL.

7/6/2011 10:01 AM

flow wrote: Pinch the cranks?

how?? Tell me more about this

blaw blaw blaw Fuck U!

7/16/2011 4:46 AM

I'm the Shit! wrote: how?? Tell me more about this

drop your heel from your front foot
and drop your toes from the back foot.
so is the bike stable

7/24/2011 8:13 PM

I'm the Shit! wrote: how?? Tell me more about this

drpepper wrote: drop your heel from your front foot
so is the bike stable

this helps you end up pinching your seat just clamp your knees that easy even with a slammed seat.just wondering why kids talk shit on people that do show their post my seat is only up 2 or 3 inches yet i still get shit for it.

ride your damn bike

2/28/2012 6:00 AM

Stewart Johnson rides with about 3" of post - I bet the "kids" don't park comp/PIG him.

Check out his setup here.

I wouldn't worry about it. The "kids" seem to try too many tricks and not really master any down my way. Best to lay down 6 tricks REALLY well and tweak them out, than to do 60-odd tricks in the sketchiest format possible.

3/13/2012 2:06 PM

I can only do them pitching the seat, that's how I learned them, and that's how I can do them.
I think barspins have been around for so long, since the mid 80s, but theyre still a nice trick.
Kids can do barspins out of the blue now, but I'm happy with what i can do, after all, I can still do it.
I have a good story about barspins, and once talking to The Lord Volker, asked why he wouldn't do them, and the reply was" Why should i bother to do a trick that everyfucking kid can do?"
I guess he was right...
I'd like to see a rider pull arun without barspins and tailwhips nowadays.
Is it possible??

3/13/2012 2:09 PM

MarcusV wrote: I can only do them pitching the seat, that's how I learned them, and that's how I can do them.
I think barspins have been around for so long, since the mid 80s, but theyre still a nice trick.
Kids can do barspins out of the blue now, but I'm happy with what i can do, after all, I can still do it.
I have a good story about barspins, and once talking to The Lord Volker, asked why he wouldn't do them, and the reply was" Why should i bother to do a trick that everyfucking kid can do?"
I guess he was right...
Is it possible??

Bro...

3/13/2012 2:31 PM

MarcusV wrote: I can only do them pitching the seat, that's how I learned them, and that's how I can do them.
I guess he was right...
Is it possible??

well there's only so many tricks you can do on a bike

3/14/2012 8:35 AM

drpepper wrote: drop your heel from your front foot
so is the bike stable

thanks!

United0Cult0

3/14/2012 1:15 PM

JP96 wrote: well there's only so many tricks you can do on a bike

That's exactly my point, with so many other tricks, why do people have to do so many barspins?
I would rather see big gaps and high airs, guys going big, but I see a lot of muscle spinning and landing anyway witha barspin thrown in the middle...
There're different riding styles, and I think originality is still the most important thing.
Well, just an opinion.
Post a Reply to: barspins

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm