4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Ben Hucke Q&A (2/12 - 2/19)

2/12/2012 1:17 PM

Ben has been a pro rider for longer than many of you have been riding. Have a question for him? Well, you're in luck. He'll be hanging out here in the Vital BMX forum for the next week! Ask about balancing fatherhood with riding, joining the Diamondback team, surviving the Portland winter, drunk pig tattoos, filming for the Dan's Comp DVD, or anything else you an think of!

2/12/2012 1:26 PM

Whats your favorite thing to do other than bmx?
What do you dislike about bmx?
how old is your son now?

text me for faster response 2102649032

refs: catfish95, whiteknight, 562_rider, netty spaghetti, scramhype, tcbmx, superstardk, jakesalbert, YouAlreadyKnowThough, ibonbi, RIDE A FLY, brian.priest1, wolfen, showtime402, shadow.conspiracy, phocraken, loco _for_riding, ecuadevil, chris12345, bmx-junkie, ++++++ many more

2/12/2012 1:32 PM

Not a question really, but I think it would be a rad idea to get some clips in Eugene for the dans edit. I don't know if you've seen Nathan and Matts edits but yeah.
And since you're on DB now are you quitting Sputnic?

2/12/2012 1:40 PM

Do you have a girlfriend,if so is she hot?
What,would you say is your best trick?
And which is better? TITS or ASS ?

2/12/2012 1:43 PM

the balt wrote: Whats your favorite thing to do other than bmx?
What do you dislike about bmx?
how old is your son now?

My son is almost 3yrs old now. Since riding and traveling consumes so much of my time I really enjoy just being home relaxing doing normal everyday things, playing with my son, taking him riding, spending time with my family and catching up with my friends. As far as dislikes, the only thing I dislike about bmx getting hurt.

Thanks for the question!

2/12/2012 1:45 PM

When your on film, do you take things to a different perspective then when your just riding with friends?

2/12/2012 1:51 PM

Has anyone ever vomited inside of your car?

2/12/2012 1:54 PM

NameLessActionSportsCrew wrote: Not a question really, but I think it would be a rad idea to get some clips in Eugene for the dans edit. I don't know if you've seen Nathan and Matts edits but yeah.
And since you're on DB now are you quitting Sputnic?

Eugene definitely has some good spots, I'd love to get down there more often. I don't think Diamondback would be very happy if I didn't already quit Sputnic.

2/12/2012 1:59 PM

Bryanridesbikes123 wrote: When your on film, do you take things to a different perspective then when your just riding with friends?

It depends, I have a hard time pushing myself to do something hard or scary when I'm not with my friends. Riding with friends is always better especially when you get a good session and everyone is trying to do something too.

2/12/2012 2:03 PM

One more question, did it hurt when you got hit by that car on your welcome edit?

2/12/2012 2:06 PM

Huge fan of yours! Why diamondback? Just a bigger paycheck or are they more quality than Sputnic?
How does it feel to have 2 sig. frames? The Space Cobra was already a super dialed frame, what changes will your new frame have?

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

2/12/2012 2:08 PM

Bryanridesbikes123 wrote: One more question, did it hurt when you got hit by that car on your welcome edit?

It didn't feel that good.

2/12/2012 2:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2012 2:17 PM

why did you quit sputnic? also do you think you could ever come to alaska? please, no one ever comes here

2/12/2012 2:15 PM

that's awesome that you didn't use your account for 6 years.

2/12/2012 2:16 PM

RiverSideRider wrote: that's awesome that you didn't use your account for 6 years.

He's more OG than all of us O.O

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

2/12/2012 2:22 PM

Hey man my cousin Eric Stribling said he used to shred with you! Have you ridden the grotto recently?

2/12/2012 2:49 PM

i love your style man!

how's the kid?
how's diamondback been so far?
i hear you have a sig frame from them coming out, any details on it?

oh and could you send me a space cobra poster, i've been rocking the space cobra for a while. it's a sick frame, great geo.

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

2/12/2012 2:51 PM

What's influeinced you the most in Bmx?

2/12/2012 2:59 PM

Mattix wrote: Huge fan of yours! Why diamondback? Just a bigger paycheck or are they more quality than Sputnic?
How does it feel to have 2 sig. frames? The Space Cobra was already a super dialed frame, what changes will your new frame have?

Thanks man! Diamondback is local to where I grew up in the Northwest, they have deep roots in bmx and we're already good friends is why I went with them. We have a lot of cool plans for this year so be on the lookout! As far as frames, having a signature frame is an honor, having a new one coming out from Diamondback is an even bigger honor. My new frame will have some minor geometry changes from my previous one and also be fully heat treated now unlike the last one. This is going to be the best frame I've ever had for sure!

2/12/2012 3:00 PM

RiverSideRider wrote: that's awesome that you didn't use your account for 6 years.

Busy riding man! haha

2/12/2012 3:03 PM

Garrett_Fitt wrote: why did you quit sputnic? also do you think you could ever come to alaska? please, no one ever comes here

I didn't have any teammates left and there were no solid plans for next year, sometimes you just gotta leave and see where it takes ya. I would love to come to Alaska!

2/12/2012 3:04 PM

Portland503 wrote: Hey man my cousin Eric Stribling said he used to shred with you! Have you ridden the grotto recently?

Nice! Haven't been out to the Grotto since last summer, miss that place but it's so hard to keep up.

2/12/2012 3:08 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote: i love your style man!

how's the kid?
how's diamondback been so far?
i hear you have a sig frame from them coming out, any details on it?

oh and could you send me a space cobra poster, i've been rocking the space cobra for a while. it's a sick frame, great geo.

Levi is awesome! Diamondback has been great, already went on one trip with them to Austin and had so much fun. As far as my frame coming out, stay tuned I should have some spy pics soon. If I had a poster I would for sure sorry man. Thanks for rocking my frame though, that's rad!

2/12/2012 3:09 PM

Ben Hucke wrote: Nice! Haven't been out to the Grotto since last summer, miss that place but it's so hard to keep up.

Yeah i know what you mean. I'm planing on digging there once we get some good rain.

2/12/2012 3:13 PM

What was the hardest trick for you to learn?
What is your opinion about the newer and crazier trends?
What is your favorite thing about being a pro?

2/12/2012 3:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2012 3:45 PM

big fan ben, one question though to take your mind off tricks ..... syrup on pancakes,plain pancakes,or NO pancakes? (i love pancakes )

when i'm on my bike everything slows down....

2/12/2012 4:46 PM

hey ben, i've been riding since i was about ten and i've been watching web videos of you since i can remember. Your style is so sick ! I was wondering what the hardest part about riding for a sponsor is for you, i've heard alot of pros say that there's alot of pressure to get clips and push their limits but i wanted to know if that was the same for you or not. and if you're ever in central pennsylvania you should stop by bliss skate and bike in lewistown !

2/12/2012 4:58 PM

Love the edits.
Fav trick? Can you teach me nose manuals?
Fav sponsor? Why?
Can you send me a pair of Almounds?

Noah Farver
717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.
Sig

2/12/2012 5:29 PM

Hey Ben just wondering, how is it like being on diamondback, what got you in to riding and any tips on dialing in barspins

2/12/2012 5:33 PM

In my opinion you got the best style in bmx
1. What got you into riding?
2. Since you on dans and diamondback are you going to get dans to stock more diamondback?
3. I saw you riding brakes in your teaser was that just for fun or are you gonna give them a try?

refs- Brenden1207, thebalt

Post a Reply to: Ben Hucke Q&A (2/12 - 2/19)

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm