4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Chad Degroot (9/17 - 9/21)

9/17/2012 1:11 PM

Deco BMX owner and BMX legend Chad Degroot will be answering your questions from Sept 17 - Sept 21st.

Ask away!

9/17/2012 1:30 PM

I haven't seen you on any Talk Shows since Jerry Springer, Do you have anything planned for the future?

9/17/2012 1:47 PM

sparkys.steve wrote: I haven't seen you on any Talk Shows since Jerry Springer, Do you have anything planned for the future?

I do, I'm going on a talk show tour and everyone is going to show me love. I can't wait to look like a blinking dork on tv. Gonna keep it real and go ape shit bananas, go bananas bubs...follow me? Ya hear me? Ya feel me? Get back on that tip...

9/17/2012 1:49 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote: Deco BMX owner and BMX legend Chad Degroot will be answering your questions from Sept 17 - Sept 21st.

Ask away!

That's right, get up and get on it. I'm here for you. You need answers I have questions, I mean it the other way around.

9/17/2012 1:58 PM

Speed round

Is mr b's hiring?
Can I get a side of wax with that?
Are you sure home depot doesn't sell Bmx wheels?
Is it true in Japan you once wrestled a sumo wrestler to gain the affection of a mermaid?
Did you used to make kids cover their eyes when they were looking at naked lady grips?
Are you bringing the handlebar mustache back? And if so are rides still a quarter?
Didnt Steve ask you to be his body guard on Springer?

9/17/2012 2:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/17/2012 2:25 PM

kesten.accomando wrote: Speed round

Is mr b's hiring?
Can I get a side of wax with that?
Are you sure home depot doesn't sell Bmx wheels?
Is it true in Japan you once wrestled a sumo wrestler to gain the affection of a mermaid?
Did you used to make kids cover their eyes when they were looking at naked lady grips?
Are you bringing the handlebar mustache back? And if so are rides still a quarter?
Didnt Steve ask you to be his body guard on Springer?

Www.mrbikesnboards.com is not hiring right meow but you can feel free to clean the windows, clean up trash, and stop spilling polar pops all over the shop.
Wax that ass, stop by and buy some and eat it till ya gums bleed.
Japan rules, I'd wrestle anything over there.
Naked lady grips are for all eyes to see, follow me?
Beard rides are better and less creepy than mustache rides.
Steve can be my body guard anytime specially with happy endings.

9/17/2012 3:07 PM

Hey Chad,

As a fellow front brake rider, how did you first get into riding front brakes?
What's your inspiration to keep on using them today?
Also, what are three of your favorite tricks to do with front brakes?

Thanks,
Corey Furmage

9/17/2012 3:35 PM

Corey LOVES BMX! wrote: Hey Chad,

Thanks,
Corey Furmage

Front brakes just seemed normal when I started in 1986. So this wasn't anything I just TRIED. It was stock to ride 4 pegs and two brakes. Endos and front wheel always got me excited. Manuel's on the back end seemed to easy and easy to get out of, but front nose wheelies always had commitment and more satisfaction. Once I learned hang 5's it was game on...
Inspiration for using them today would have to be most of my tricks are front wheel based unless I'm jumping or grinding. Front wheel is the good wheel. Going to only front brakes was tough to do and took some time to get use to, but I love it and do miss an occasional skid here and there. Shit, front wheel skids are legit and sliders are skids to right?

3 favorite tricks are any hang 5 trick into something to end it like a nose whip or whatever.
Nose picks on any and everything all nose diced and boned dry.
Backwards nose wheelies or hang 5's rule to. Way easier with brakes and more controlled with consistency. Most front brake tricks go with consistency.

Lastly, my favorite trick now with front brakes is bar dips or almost Miami hopper dips, those feel cool as hell and are almost t bog style.

9/17/2012 3:53 PM

Thanks,
Corey Furmage

Good question, but as soon as the forum let me in, the man answered...Any way I was going to commend you on your fine and proper use of these forums, to gain knowledge...

Look, Chad might get a little bent that I'm telling of his shifty ways on a public forum...

At the first B.S., Chainsaw Massacre in Dallas, Chad tried to get other kids to sell his bearing bar ends(the easiest way to learn hitchiker tricks according to Chad, but really Kevin said just "don't let the bars touch..."), but he'd all sit back, don't let his easygoing demeanor fool you...

Who put you in charge of answering posts? McGoo? -

9/17/2012 4:38 PM

Thanks,
Corey Furmage

shawn.burnham.357 wrote: Good question, but as soon as the forum let me in, the man answered...Any way I was going to commend you on your fine and proper use of these forums, to gain knowledge...

Look, Chad might get a little bent that I'm telling of his shifty ways on a public forum...

At the first B.S., Chainsaw Massacre in Dallas, Chad tried to get other kids to sell his bearing bar ends(the easiest way to learn hitchiker tricks according to Chad, but really Kevin said just "don't let the bars touch..."), but he'd all sit back, don't let his easygoing demeanor fool you...

Bar ends with bearings are legit son, gotta cheat to get ahead, and I did. We didn't call it cheating but being creative and using our heads to make it work. We're not all kevin jones with no bar scrapes but at least 20 years later I still do a hiker with no help and not even metal bar ends so if I do scrape my grips tell me.

Some frenchies might not like the hiker but it's pretty legit and you should know your roots and where it got you.

As for McGoo, glad to answer with his style but would rather his ask away cause he sure as shit will ask a serious question that will make heads roll.

Holla and good times ahead. This shit is gonna get good real quick...

9/17/2012 4:45 PM

Im pretty sure you see killip a lot tell him hi and yall should come shred in tville? lol

9/17/2012 4:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/17/2012 4:57 PM

why did you start riding and why did you choose flat?
and I'm thinking of coming by the shop this weekend. do you have any sweet shirts in an xl?

9/17/2012 5:03 PM

BzackMreceX wrote: Im pretty sure you see killip a lot tell him hi and yall should come shred in tville? lol

Jugs, stups, kill ips, fast food dude, possed by beer, no driving, backpack sweat back, chicken chimmy Changs, ets do that money spends well. Dang.

Tville as in hepititus ville? That's what ya call it?
I'll tell him what's up. He's stups. He's got the fronts we all want. Garage door is open. Buy that stups jugs a beer and listen to him talk about THE WEAVE MAN.

Holla

9/17/2012 5:05 PM

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if that woodchuck was Chuck Norris?

9/17/2012 5:08 PM

NDP wrote: why did you start riding and why did you choose flat?
and I'm thinking of coming by the shop this weekend. do you have any sweet shirts in an xl?

I chose to ride but got real known for flat. That was something that really caught me and never got old. Flat is personal and with the right space and tunes is magical. Mystical magical morning missile. Get it done.

As for stopping by the shop, please do, we're open and ready to shreddie. As for xl seat shirts, that's a tough one since were still in the heat. Might be better close to December hitting the hoodie at Mr B's. We can special order one for ya if you don't mind getting it in a few days?

Holla dolla dolla bill y'all

9/17/2012 5:11 PM

raydio101 wrote: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if that woodchuck was Chuck Norris?

That's a trick question. Wood you? Woody do it? Wood he want to?

9/17/2012 5:20 PM

sweet shirts not sweat shirts. i need to get a new awesome t shirt.

9/17/2012 5:37 PM

When is the mr. b's edit dropping?
When are you planning another group ride/ party time?
I want a custom deco tee that no one else can have can you make me one?
When the new lifted frame comes out (real teal) can I buy your frame?
Can I get yo number?
What is your favorite thing about owning and operating your own bike shop and deco?
Do you consider me a friend?

9/17/2012 5:39 PM

If you could be any animal, what kind of animal would you be? And why?

9/17/2012 6:05 PM

When are you coming to Denver to shred? Do you remember Scuba?

9/17/2012 6:14 PM

You wanna see my dick?

9/17/2012 6:34 PM

What has kept you working and living in Florida?

- Scott Ehlert

9/17/2012 6:41 PM

Will there ever be a BACO 11? The BACO series, especially Take it For Baco has been my favorite video since I saw it many years ago.

9/17/2012 6:54 PM

BzackMreceX wrote: Im pretty sure you see killip a lot tell him hi and yall should come shred in tville? lol

Decobmx.com wrote: Jugs, stups, kill ips, fast food dude, possed by beer, no driving, backpack sweat back, chicken chimmy Changs, ets do that money spends well. Dang.

Tville as in hepititus ville? That's what ya call it?
I'll tell him what's up. He's stups. He's got the fronts we all want. Garage door is open. Buy that stups jugs a beer and listen to him talk about THE WEAVE MAN.

Holla

HAHAHAHA Yesssssss lmao

9/17/2012 6:58 PM

NDP wrote: sweet shirts not sweat shirts. i need to get a new awesome t shirt.

It's all sweet and sweat. Follow me?
Come get all the sweetness you need, we gots it.

9/17/2012 7:12 PM

wvaughn wrote: When is the mr. b's edit dropping?
When are you planning another group ride/ party time?
I want a custom deco tee that no one else can have can you make me one?
When the new lifted frame comes out (real teal) can I buy your frame?
Can I get yo number?
What is your favorite thing about owning and operating your own bike shop and deco?
Do you consider me a friend?

Trying to finish that edit, need a few more clips but no one is stepping up.

Custom tee, if course. I'll throw some bleach and coffee and catsup on one and call it yours, give you like 5% off as well.

My frame will be for sale once tons frames drops. I don't mind selling samples cause their so sweet and one offs.

You got my number fool, now your being a fag.

Bike shop owner is good cause I answer to myself if it sucks. But if it sucks usually it means I need to improve and spend money which sucks. The shop is necessary for our area though. But some of these dumb ass kids don't understand we don't buy from dans, we buy direct, and we're a shop that makes money to survive like any other business. So if you ask for a discount you had better have a trade or great reason we should bend our prices to help you. We're fair but some people think were dicks cause we don't warranty other companies products. Do the math fucko.

As for deco, love it all. Good brand, clean goods, and we're in it for the long haul. Deco is me doing my thing with support from the real people. Trust me, we're doing our thing and happy as hell with it.

Do I consider you my friend? Yes but you getting a lil creepy with comments and asking me that. If you don't know now you know. Get your shit right, get off the end of the rail, get on it and in it...

Holla son

9/17/2012 7:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2012 6:41 PM

9/17/2012 7:39 PM

@Corey...

Since you appear to be an intelligent and inquisitive rider...You deserve a proper response to your questions, which are very thought provoking I might add...

I'm going to stand in for Chad for tonight...

I know, I know....I'm not Chad D, the Mustache Man, but I can glide about any idea forward, backwards, turbine, etc, Dennis helped me learn lip tricks to backwards and forwards nosewheelies in, so Chad might let me get away with answering a question or two here as I'm somewhat equipped....

These are only my answers...

1) Front brakes are fun.

2) Fun is inspiration to keep using them. Or if you don't want to use them, don't pull the lever.

3)On any given day of riding I can come up with three favorite front brake tricks...I like 360 tailwhip nosepicks to backwards nose wheelie in, or 540 tailwhip nosepicks Canadian to nose wheelie hang no feets. I like slaloming through oncoming traffic in multiple flailing variations of nose wheelies and then end with a nice turbine around the vehicle to slingshot off the (usually nice SUV or Taxi) into more oncoming traffic.

Keep riding and build your skillz man, front wheel techniques are based on the same ideas as a manual, no more difficult once you find the path of least resistance on your front wheel...Keep with it-

sb-

9/17/2012 8:20 PM

Chad,

When you filmed the no shoe links in BACO 5 or 6, did you stub your toes on the decades?

sb-

9/17/2012 8:40 PM

Thanks,
Corey Furmage

shawn.burnham.357 wrote: Good question, but as soon as the forum let me in, the man answered...Any way I was going to commend you on your fine and proper use of these forums, to gain knowledge...

Decobmx.com wrote: Bar ends with bearings are legit son, gotta cheat to get ahead, and I did. We didn't call it cheating but being creative and using our heads to make it work. We're not all kevin jones with no bar scrapes but at least 20 years later I still do a hiker with no help and not even metal bar ends so if I do scrape my grips tell me.

Some frenchies might not like the hiker but it's pretty legit and you should know your roots and where it got you.

As for McGoo, glad to answer with his style but would rather his ask away cause he sure as shit will ask a serious question that will make heads roll.

Holla and good times ahead. This shit is gonna get good real quick...

OK,

This is part of why I have always respected your riding Mr. DeGroot...

The inventor of such techniques as the Hitchiker and Backpacker taught it as it came to him....a rolling front wheel undertaker, both forward and backwards. From the GO days you were juggling them until you ran out of space(right?).

The idea was passed down to me from Kevin not as a position, but rather a technique involving going in one side and out the other, thus the rolling undertaker. Jugglers and related ideas and techniques open the door to a whole realm of possibilities...and you don't even need front brakes.

sb-
Post a Reply to: Chad Degroot (9/17 - 9/21)

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm