4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Dan Foley Q&A ***NOT ACTIVE***

12/5/2009 4:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2009 5:00 PM

Recent addition to the Premium flow team and all around awesome dude, has so much style and raw talent its disgusting, and in my opinion dropped the best edit of the year with Terrell Gordy for his welcome to Premium edit. He moved to Greenville NC last year to attend East Carolina University. I'm pretty convinced there isnt anything Dan cant do on a bike if he puts his mind to it and do it clean as hell.

here that edit in case you somehow missed it...

Dan Foley Premium Video from Premium Products on Vimeo.

take it away dan...

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

12/5/2009 5:01 PM

Just wondering, how did you get them to go on here and to participate in q&a?

kobe bryant ready

12/5/2009 5:06 PM

spikez5 wrote: Just wondering, how did you get them to go on here and to participate in q&a?

Yea how?

REFS- purplerain814, robamullen, TommyBoy, letsride123

12/5/2009 5:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2009 5:14 PM

Hey Dan. Not to undermine your ability or anything, but how does it feel to be sponsored by the same company as one of the best riders around, Garrett Reynolds?

You kill it!
Thanks

"Oh You Mad Cuz I'm Stylin On You?"

12/5/2009 5:09 PM

Hey man! You're Premium edit was so sick...style for miles eh! Anyways, i was wondering about the Deathtrap...do you have any idea about tire clearance on that frame? I saw your bike check and i guess you run a 2.0 out back? Well, I was curious as to if a 2.25 might be possible? Or something a little bigger anyways?

Thanks dude, keep shredding.

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

12/5/2009 5:10 PM

what got you into riding?
whats ure fav trick?
whats ure worse crash?

[url=http://www.stewartmcewan.com/]r.i.p stewart

Every time I smoke good reefer that indo high makes me fly
If everybody smoked a blunt, relieve the mind, the world could be a better place
If everybody took a break and we all just got wasted

12/5/2009 5:10 PM

spikez5 wrote: Just wondering, how did you get them to go on here and to participate in q&a?

just asked them

12/5/2009 5:19 PM

Dan Foley, well dude where do i start?
Your tricks are soo damn clean and you have great style.
I just have a few questions for you.
What got you into bmx?
What part on your bike have you been using the longest?

REFS: Spikez5, Wolfen, ryanxanimalbmx, BangDaStreets, coryridesbmx, Tory Tapia(Michael916), hxcpride4, Mduda005, bstick(x2), ChristianJames, ilovemybike22, element4all, ultrablade, Brenden1207, ScramHype(x2)
Bmx-forum: xmashuelx, jwnolte,

12/5/2009 5:50 PM

what gets you pumped to ride?

12/5/2009 6:49 PM

have you ever been in the Oscar Meyer Weiner truck?

"The ratio of hours of building and maintaining trails is astronomically skewed in the wrong direction, but the pay off is indescribably worth it."

12/5/2009 8:32 PM

I herd you were gona nose bonk the MEGA RAMP!??? GET IT!

12/5/2009 9:33 PM

THATS FUCKINCRAZY!!!

we grimey on the streets!

12/6/2009 5:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/6/2009 6:01 AM

Photobucket

12/6/2009 6:46 AM

How do you do those 540 backwards manuals so good every time!?!?!?!?! I want that trick but it's impossible, you must have a secret formula of wheaties you eat in the morning, can I eat breakfast with you next week so I can do just one 540 backwards manual?

12/6/2009 7:06 AM

Kelly Bolton wrote: I herd you were gona nose bonk the MEGA RAMP!??? GET IT!

haha,

12/6/2009 7:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/6/2009 10:45 AM

how do you do such creative tricks while keeping ur flow?

Ride for Fun Ride to get Away Ride to Ride Ride for Love Ride to Live Live to Ride

Toronto replay official: "What's that? Oh, a Flyer shot it? Just wait three minutes and call no goal due to inconclusive evidence."

12/6/2009 7:49 AM

Dan Foley, I have you down in my book as undoubtedly the best pegless rider out there. Have you ever thought about putting them on one day?

I ride to live!
For the street niggas livin with they lives on the line
For young guns comin up durin these times
For police who find drugs let niggas slide
For niggas out slingin like 4 in the night

12/6/2009 11:12 AM

Dan, one last question... Mostly for the noobs...

How do you have so much finesse?
Lots of other riders say, "Stay on your basics as much as posible. If you land somthing, keep on it until it becomes 2nd nature."
Do you find that to be ture?

I ride to live!

12/6/2009 2:19 PM

Dan,

If you had to pick one thing to do the rest of your life besides riding, what would it be?

12/6/2009 2:31 PM

Hey Dan,

Who influenced your riding the most and what keeps you riding?

12/6/2009 8:57 PM

oh yeh holy shit i remember watching that edit and saw you nose bonk that box, i was like WTF?!?
how many tries did it take to get that?

12/6/2009 8:59 PM

aznsbmx? wrote: oh yeh holy shit i remember watching that edit and saw you nose bonk that box, i was like WTF?!?

that was my favorite part of the edit, idk how the hell he did that, if you pedal at that box fast enough to clear it youre going straight up high as hell but he scrubbed it and bonked it.

shit was ridiculous.

12/6/2009 11:24 PM

aznsbmx? wrote: oh yeh holy shit i remember watching that edit and saw you nose bonk that box, i was like WTF?!?

ridebmxnc wrote: that was my favorite part of the edit, idk how the hell he did that, if you pedal at that box fast enough to clear it youre going straight up high as hell but he scrubbed it and bonked it.

shit was ridiculous.

Yo, remember awhile back at a sk8cary bmx contest. When I thought Dan was my brother. (cuz at a distance, they kinda look the same. Plus they had the same color helment at that time.)
Then Dan manualed up the box, to mega air. That's when I said, "no wait, thats not him."
LOL

shit was ridiculous.

I ride to live!

12/6/2009 11:33 PM

ridebmxnc wrote: that was my favorite part of the edit, idk how the hell he did that, if you pedal at that box fast enough to clear it youre going straight up high as hell but he scrubbed it and bonked it.

shit was ridiculous.

keane_str_2112 wrote: Yo, remember awhile back at a sk8cary bmx contest. When I thought Dan was my brother. (cuz at a distance, they kinda look the same. Plus they had the same color helment at that time.)
Then Dan manualed up the box, to mega air. That's when I said, "no wait, thats not him."
LOL

shit was ridiculous.

lol, yeah.

just so everyone knows dans on vacation right now so he should be getting back to this shortly

12/7/2009 9:51 PM

Liam163 wrote: Hey Dan. Not to undermine your ability or anything, but how does it feel to be sponsored by the same company as one of the best riders around, Garrett Reynolds?

You kill it!
Thanks

Thanks! It's pretty crazy to be on the same team as Garrett. I often wonder how I ended up on the same team as him. His riding is obviously on a higher level than anyone else in bmx right now, and it sort of doesn't seem real that I ride for the same company he does.

12/7/2009 10:00 PM

tibug wrote: Hey man! You're Premium edit was so sick...style for miles eh! Anyways, i was wondering about the Deathtrap...do you have any idea about tire clearance on that frame? I saw your bike check and i guess you run a 2.0 out back? Well, I was curious as to if a 2.25 might be possible? Or something a little bigger anyways?

Thanks dude, keep shredding.

Thanks. I'm glad you liked the edit! I'm not too sure about the tire clearance. I have a premium 2.0 tire on there right now and there is a good amount of clearance. I did have a 2.0 ruben tire on there for a few days and it didn't have much clearance though, so I don't really think a 2.25 would fit back there. A 2.1 would probably work. I have my wheel up pretty far in the dropouts though, so that might take away some space that would be there.

12/7/2009 10:11 PM

glub wrote: what got you into riding?
whats ure fav trick?
whats ure worse crash?

Well I didn't learn how to ride a bike until I was 7, and once I did, I couldn't stop riding. Not long after that, my friend Tyler got me into racing. We would always ride around the neighborhood and make little jumps, and then race on the weekends. That basically evolved into jumping a lot and then getting more into park and street riding.

My favorite trick is probably a 3 way tie between a 360, table, or turndown.

The worst crash I've had yet was probably a couple years ago when I got stuck in a turndown air. I tried to crank it a little too hard and the bar got caught on my thigh. I wasn't able to come out of it and I ended up falling on my face pretty bad. It broke my nose, fractured my face in spots, knocked my front teeth back, and slightly fractured a rib. I think the worst part about it was that I needed to get braces for like 4 months to pull my teeth back.

12/7/2009 10:16 PM

bmxer10 wrote: Dan Foley, well dude where do i start?
Your tricks are soo damn clean and you have great style.
I just have a few questions for you.
What got you into bmx?
What part on your bike have you been using the longest?

Thanks! glub asked the same question about getting into riding so that should be in the post above this one. I think I've been using my bars the longest. They're about a year and a half old I think?

12/7/2009 10:20 PM

SEANimal757 wrote: what gets you pumped to ride?

Watching someone ride with good bike control always makes me want to ride. Seeing a good spot or video part also works pretty well Music tends to make me want to ride too.

12/7/2009 10:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2009 6:14 PM

abreezy111 wrote: have you ever been in the Oscar Meyer Weiner truck?

Haha yes! It was everything I had hoped it to be and more. It made that 2 hour drive completely worth it.
Post a Reply to: Dan Foley Q&A ***NOT ACTIVE***

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm