The Good: Frame, Fork, Handlebars, Cranks and Sprocket, Rims and Spokes, Stem, Tires, and Chain
The Bad: Grips, Brakes, Pedals, Hubs, and Bottom Bracket
Right out of the box it worked like a charm. Nothing was loose or anything like that. The wheels spun for a really long time and the grips were somewhat soft. I have been riding for over a year with this bike, and the main parts like the handlebars and frame are really sweet. First of all, the handlebars are really wide. I cut mine down by an inch on either side in 5 minutes and that worked really well. The fork is normal stock but it holds up really well to my constant abuse. The frame is pretty great. It has never snapped at all and is fairly light. The rear end is a bit heavy, but for real riders it doesn't make a difference. For me, I value a strong bike over a few ounces. I feel safe on the Prism. The tires are mainstream street and work fine unless you rider trails like I do. I made a $30 dollar switch to Alienation Differential tires. The cranks and sprocket are pretty normal, nothing fancy yet nothing bad. I dubbed the sprocket sprockybalboa - from animal's old sprocket - because it held up to all the grease that they slather the chain in. Moving onto the chain, it is normal, but the only problem i had with it is that it is covered in 1 ounce of dirty grease. At lease mine was when I got it from the local bike shop. They might have done that, but I solved it in 10 minutes with some water and an old toothbrush. Finally, I flipped the stem over and it is holding up just fine. It has a hollow middle section which makes it surprisingly light and strong. Now for the problems I had with this bike. Because I ride trails, I take a lot of impacts. Hard ones. After 6 months my right platform pedal snapped in two, throwing me off the bike. Pedals aren't cheap these days, but I quickly got some new ones for not a bad price. ($30, Premium Slims) The grips work well with gloves but everyday riding causes calluses. I replaced mine after 9 months with ODI Longnecks. The bottom bracket after a year of riding is getting worn, but as expected. I am going to replace mine soon. ($20) The brakes didn't work as well as I hoped they would, but for the normal rider they hold up just fine. Last and most important is the hubs. I bent my front hub axle with a couple hard impacts. And all that pedaling for a year with the back hub killed it. I ride a 2012 model, but the 2013 model doesn't change things. The hubs will stand up for the normal street/park rider. For all the abuse that I made on them, they held up for a year.
Overall, this bike is pretty good. I would recommend it to someone who is looking to upgrade in the far future, and for the recreational rider. 80 % of this bike I agree with. The other 20% I didn't think suited the way that I ride. Remember that different riding styles have different requirements. This is a pretty good bike.