Vans Video Vault - Gary Young on Style 18

Gary speaks on what style means to him and shows some of his own.

Credit: Vans
  • Zer0gravity

1/24/2011 12:50 PM

Gary; Thanks for killing it at the fury trails this weekend. Your style definitely inspires the riders. Ya, it's all about the Vans for riding; they have been supporting BMX since I was a kid and Nike was still just a running shoe. Any doubters shoe just quit bitching and ride already.

• Wolfen

11/17/2010 2:21 PM

All you idiots calling Gary a "sell out" need to shut the hell up. There is nothing wrong with him promoting his sponsors every chance he gets. He makes a living riding his bike.
    clicked two times you are full of it. You are bitching about Gary and Vans then you say " I ride Nikes anyways so whatever I guess." Nike is as corporate as it gets. Big dummy!

• coolpatrick

11/16/2010 9:06 PM

agreed with him about chase hawk !

• benpiff

11/16/2010 2:07 PM

It's a hard life isn't it. Don't use the term "with all due respect" if you don't respect nice guys trying to make a living. People who don't care about the opinions of others will never be listened to by others.

• clicked times two

11/16/2010 1:59 PM

this is how much i care about what you guys say l_l.
    with all due respect i guess maybe i shouldnt have called gary young a sell out. My point was that these damn videos vans put up all the time are pretty pathetic. I thought i was going to watch a video about gary talking about style but no this was just another lousy advertisement they tricked me to watch. advertising everywhere every second you get a chance is annoying to me, sorry for voicing my own opinion. you can all blow me.

sincerley, jeff rogers

• jham

11/16/2010 1:28 PM

i think u could say gary young has that little extra oh fuck yea he does

• benpiff

11/16/2010 1:19 PM

Man Gary makes me want to ride. I wish this was a full edit, because those shots were all gorgeous.

• Fbm Marauder

11/16/2010 12:08 PM

gary is legit ! great style and nice guy

• Ohnoeitsfunday

11/16/2010 11:46 AM

Gary Young is the farthest thing from a sellout.
    he rides in a way thats just better than you ever could.

• Tree Rides Bmx

11/16/2010 11:14 AM

Atleast its not a double pits to chesty.

• billyfry

11/16/2010 9:01 AM

gary is the man.

and clicked times two, you're calling him a sellout because he advertises his sponsor? What about you? you're here on vital where everyone can see it saying that you ride in nikes. Saying that on here is advertising nikes. And I'm sure you have stickers on your bike or helmet of bike companies. And you probably wear tshirts with logos on them too. You're advertising for all those companies too, and you're not even getting paid for it.

• FIT_bOyEE

11/16/2010 8:09 AM

clicked times two- your not very smart are you or your young and don't know what its like to be an adult and pay your own bills, but anyone on this site would agree with me on this that has to pay their on bills, but would you rather be working your balls off doing something you dont like, or riding your bike and get paid for it, thats what they do when they make an advertisement...I used to be the same way thinking everyone is a sell-out when they make a video game or over advertise, but now that I have to support myself I would do the same thing, it would be stupid not to and the next guy is going to capitalize on it anyway...trust me you will figure it out when you have to work a 9-5 job and have to pay bills!

• devonheartsbmx

11/16/2010 5:33 AM

clicked times two. fuck you. u know ud rep there shit if u were sponsored by them. hes not even a sellout. your just a dumb fucking cunt. now go fucking kill yourself.

• THE GLUTTON BMX

11/16/2010 3:32 AM

GARY RULES

• bmxer4life1311

11/16/2010 1:11 AM

shut up and stop complaining hes gonna rep his sponsor its his sponsor you retard thats how he gets paid and nike 6.0s suck compared to vans

• Coping_High_Guy

11/16/2010 12:41 AM

ok so advertising makes you wanna buy their shoes less but you wear the official shoe of the Dew Tour

• clicked times two

11/15/2010 11:42 PM

omg im about to throw up. gary young you are such a sellout i am sorry but damn am i tired of watching all these pros shamelessly advertise their sponsor whenever they get a chance..... its mostly these damn vans videos too though vans must make these guys do these videos. watching these videos actually make me want to buy their shoes less. i ride nikes anyways so whatever i guess

• catfish95

11/15/2010 9:47 PM

funny, the commercial before this was a vans commercial with gary young

Hello Vital BMX Visitor,

We’re conducting a survey and would appreciate your input. Your answers will help Vital and the BMX industry better understand what riders like you want. Survey results will be used to recognize top brands. Make your voice heard!

Five lucky people will be selected at random to win a Vital BMX t-shirt.

Thanks in advance,