X-GAMES 16

Credit: Cult Crew
  • Josh_Austin

6/30/2012 12:01 AM

why hate on the chase hawk most of these haters probly arent sponsored so just shut up his big moves last year got him to the finals i dont think your there riding at X

• Flyeagles5

6/29/2012 7:25 PM

I personally didn't like him in this vid but my style is street not parks with bowls and vert I like some of his other vids but Nigel sylvester is my fav

• mk6.0rider

6/29/2012 3:56 PM

i like the fact that x-games has been park making courses that suit riders like hawk and dugan!

• Toronto

6/29/2012 6:13 AM

that AK ender was unbelievable! Chase is so sick to watch, so much style skill speed and amplitude homie!

• Brandon[TF]

6/29/2012 12:38 AM

banger

• Alan_Jackson

6/28/2012 9:24 PM

Obviously SoCalShreds, you dont watch enough of Chase's edits... Dude kills anything and the "park" riding youre talking about... is hardly actual park its just bangers, parks are meant to flow and carry style.

• joseantonio.rodallcanizales

6/28/2012 9:19 PM

Hey SoCalShreds, didn´t he (Chase Hawk) made the finals last year ? also, as I remember, quite alot of "big trick" riders who where at the x-games (compiting with Hawk & Gary Young) didn´t make it to the finals last year. ALSO chase DOES throw some sweet looking tuck no-handers

• cardambass

6/28/2012 9:16 PM

if you honestly think that style riders like chase dont deserve to be in the x-games, you're just ignorant..

• Shakesman69

6/28/2012 6:34 PM

Chase looks cool.

• SoCalShreds

6/28/2012 6:09 PM

why do they waste a xgames park slot on chase hawk? anyone who rides park bmx knows there are a million more riders that would fit better in xgames park than him.. They need a rider who isnt afraid to take there hands off or actually do tricks and push the sport, AND who also has the lung capacity to ride through all his runs, not end em half way through like chase did last year.

• josh.chase2

6/28/2012 7:48 PM

one reason...he actually knows how to ride a park like that. not all park riders can ride a cement park like chase can. and hes been competing in xgames too long to not have a slot

• kylecarlson

6/28/2012 7:51 PM

Did you see that course? Have you seen these "Super Park" courses in years past? These aren't your traditional park courses with two quarterpipes and a box jump. Chase and style-based riders like him (Bas Keep, Tom Dugan, etc.) really have the potential to ride these courses the way they're made to be ridden, as opposed to trying to find the closest thing to a box jump and do flips tricks over it. Chase shreds these courses, is a legit contender to do well, and I can guarantee the majority of the other riders on the course would agree.

Also, I don't think Chase is "afraid" to take his hands off. Personally, I find a no hander significantly less scary than blasting the hell out of a steep concrete hip.

While I respect your opinion and your right to have one, I thoroughly disagree and feel that Chase's riding ability MUST be acknowledged and respected.

• Brayden_Buckingham

6/28/2012 8:22 PM

Hate to say this,but I agree with @SoCalShreds. I know Kyle has a point and I understand that,he does blast the shit outta everything,but I'd like to see some variation instead of just airs. Also I know that Chase's style is to blast high,but I'm modern and like seeing flips and trucks. It's interesting how you consider riders look for box jump seet ups,I think that's more of the Dew Tour thing.

• cupovjoe

6/28/2012 9:21 PM

socal? did you ever stop to think that there a many "park riders" who do "all the tricks" can't even ride a park like this? how about a rider who isn't afraid to do a crazy gap instead of one who spends all his time trying flipwhips into foam.

• mk6.0rider

6/29/2012 3:54 PM

@
    SoCalShreds and Brayden_Buckingham you guys obviously dont know wat your tralking about airs and flow that chase hawk and tom dugan do have the same amount of difficulty with all these crazy flips variations

• mybikeismygirlfriend

6/28/2012 5:38 PM

i really think dakota could win this year

Hello Vital BMX Visitor,

We’re conducting a survey and would appreciate your input. Your answers will help Vital and the BMX industry better understand what riders like you want. Survey results will be used to recognize top brands. Make your voice heard!

Five lucky people will be selected at random to win a Vital BMX t-shirt.

Thanks in advance,