Added reply in a thread anyone else ride their bars high, what are the pro's con's? 4/14/2021 1:55 PM

"I think that a more relevant measuring stick should be the subjective: How high do your bars reach on your body when you are standing next to your frame? This actually takes into account ride height and other height factors." This has been something ... more »

Added reply in a thread anyone else ride their bars high, what are the pro's con's? 4/14/2021 11:49 AM

This. I could go months without riding my previous setup (7" bars, FL and 14.25"CS) and still have a decent hop first try. I'm pretty sure it's because with that setup you can pull the front up hard without feeling like looping out. When I went to 10" ... more »

Added reply in a thread ATF/BSD 2021 low-key build 4/14/2021 3:18 AM

Cult sticker on an ATF frame... That might be a first. lol How are you liking the 21.5" TT? I've always felt that 6'1"-6'3 is the perfect range for that size.

Added reply in a thread MOTF: 4/2/21 - 4/16/21 w/ Super-Pawl 4/13/2021 7:27 AM

Is there a discontinued tire, or tire combo that you wish was still made?

Liked a bike check Latest Whip 4/11/2021 11:11 PM
Latest Whip
Added reply in a thread WTF happened last week?! 4/10/2021 5:00 AM

What front tire were you running?

Added reply in a thread Seat tube clamps super tight 4/9/2021 10:58 AM

I think that carbon grip gel that Steve mentioned would be the way to go then. Seems like a great solution for the price.

Added reply in a thread Seat tube clamps super tight 4/9/2021 10:46 AM

Is that seat post plastic? Even with my alloy post I have to tighten mine down as much as I can for it not to move. Seems like plastic would make that even more difficult.

Added reply in a thread Need help finding crown race 4/9/2021 8:37 AM

If the LBS doesn't work out the FSA Orbit IS-2 will probably be the best cheapest option at about $33:

The LBS might even have the above headset in-stock.
Added reply in a thread Need help finding crown race 4/9/2021 6:48 AM

It seems that Stolen did use Cane Creek (IS2) bearings on older bikes... It had a 41mm OD and a 30mm ID. The compression ring will be under 41/28.6 (28.6mm is the diameter of a 1 1/8" steerer tube). The crown race will be under 41/30 (30mm is the diameter ... more »

Liked a bike check Hoffman Wade 4/9/2021 3:57 AM
Hoffman Wade
Added reply in a thread Odyssey quik linear cable 4/7/2021 4:18 PM

Mine was 100% plug and play on my V1 Tall Boy (using the medium). Completely makes setup/ removal a breeze.

Added reply in a thread Odyssey quik linear cable 4/6/2021 10:08 PM

If you still have the packaging the long is 100mm and the medium is 90mm. I use the medium and my frame has a 13.5"-13.75" CS. If this area is too long:

You can always cut the below mark and then use the hangar that came with your Springfield ... more »
Added reply in a thread Odyssey quik linear cable 4/6/2021 9:20 PM

There's two versions a medium and a long. Which one did you get?

Liked a bike check Sunday Nightshift / Odyssey / BSD 4/5/2021 3:28 PM
Sunday Nightshift / Odyssey / BSD
Added reply in a thread The current state of vital 4/4/2021 1:31 PM

I never said you didn't like small bars... Clearly you made a comment in the small bar thread:

You got responded to in kind and then you made this thread in animosity. Also, I didn't miss the point, because I'm the only one who responded to ... more »
Added reply in a thread S&M TALL BOY 21.5" 4/4/2021 11:28 AM

Ya, I've had it for a minute. Crappy Memphis weather and life prevent me from riding as much as I'd like. I probably only have one year of what I used to ride back in California on this frame/ fork. lol

Added reply in a thread S&M TALL BOY 21.5" 4/3/2021 11:01 PM

*Update in the first post. Picked up some Randy Brown grips, Primo Balance seat, Primo (re-released) Wall Tire and Animal Rat Trap pedals a couple months ago. Weather has been pretty shitty up till now, so I decided to take some update pics.

Added reply in a thread Hoffman Wade 4/3/2021 8:52 PM

Man, that's a sweet frame.

Added reply in a thread The current state of vital 4/3/2021 6:23 PM

I started lurking on Vital back in 07. 80% of my time on this site was looking at bike builds and the other 20% reading about bike geo stuff. Having been on skate forums the biggest difference is how minute in detail they get. For example there might ... more »