26" bmx, questions

Related:
Create New Tag

10/25/2016 3:30 PM

Hey, long time lurker first time poster,, i recently bought a 26" stolen zeke xlt, i went to assemble everything out of the box and noticed that the seat tube clamp had missing hardware. i cant even install the seat lol can anyone tell me the nut and bolt size of the clamp that is on the seat tube of the frame? also this is a new bike, i went for a little cruise on it and i noticed that after a quick stand up and pedal my chain becomes loose and the tire starts rubbing on the frame. i can only ride it down my street because every time i tighten the chain back up it just gets loose again and the tire starts rubbing. ive searched on here about loose chains and all the solutions are fixed with new parts, but this bike is completely new and the axle nuts are still really tight when it moves. can some one help?

thanks

|

11/8/2016 1:02 PM

frozenstein wrote:

Hey, long time lurker first time poster,, i recently bought a 26" stolen zeke xlt, i went to assemble everything out of the ...more

One thing I have done to help stop a rear wheel shifting in the dropouts is to a large diameter thin washer on the inside of each dropout. It spreads out the area that is pressing against the inside of the dropouts.

You can also use chain tensioners.

Photo
|

12/1/2016 4:12 PM

that sucks about your bike OP..i heard the zeke was the shit too,cant believe your tire is moving around just from riding around the block...make sure your D/O nuts are tight as hell and get a chain tensioner

|