First 24"

Related:
Create New Tag

4/13/2012 9:53 PM

I used to ride for about 5 years through my teens and stopped at 19 when I went to university.
I'm also pretty tall at 6'4.

Im 22 now and recently when I went back home I dug out my bmx from my parents garage and took it for a spin and it just felt weird and too small.

So I've been looking at 24" bmx's.

Want to start riding again, but more chilled than I used to be.

The bikes I've been looking at is the latest Sunday model C, and the mongoose thrive.
I know it's more expensive, but I'm guessing the Sunday is more built to last, so I'm leaning towards that.

What I want to ask though, is what are these bikes like to ride?
Can you tail whip and bar spin them like you can a 20"?
And what is airing on quarters like?

I'm also liking the idea that this bike would be a nice all rounder, and would be good to ride to work as well as mess about on at the skatepark.

Any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated

|

4/14/2012 6:55 AM

I ride a Sunday Wave C. Often times various riders like to try it out at the local trails or skate park. I find that they are easily able to huck every trick on this 24 that they are able to on their 20. Just the other day, a friend grabbed my 24 for a run at the trails and tail whipped the biggest jump of the set on his first run.

|

4/14/2012 8:46 AM

Everyone that tries them say it's just like a 20" except bigger. You might also look into the Wethepeople Avenger from 2011 and Wethepeople Avenue from before 2011.

|

4/14/2012 5:11 PM

The Mongoose Thrive was built with the Sunday Model-C in mind. The geometries are VERY similar, almost identical. The Thrive looks to have a good set of components on it, too. While I lust for a Mod-C, I'd be fully happy with a Thrive.

They're both going to be pretty awesome rides.

|

I don't ride a BMX bike to look cool to others, I do it because it's fun and never do I think "Boy I sure am cool on my BMX bike."
- Capt. Nemo

4/16/2012 7:29 AM

Buy a 2012 Mod-C complete will set you back bout $600.Compared if you bought the the aftermarket frame alone is $400.
Thrive is very nice also. Spec'd with nice parts.

|