Help with the last bmx bike i´ll ever build.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/11/2014 2:45 PM

Hey guys.

Its like this. I´m going to quit riding 20" and buy a 22 incher instead. And i want to here how you feel about the Holmes 22" frame VS faction amero !?. I never could afford a S&M Dirtbike back in the Days , and that was the frame of my Dreams. So S&M have a big Place in my heart.

But i´ve read that most ppl who have ridden both frames prefer the amero!?. And it would´nt be fun to have bought an expensive S&M frame just to be unsatisfied when it arrives. Have any of you guys ridden both frames?. Pros and cons about them 2?.

Should i go with a custom Standard bykes frame instead or some other 22" frame maybe?. This is the last Bmx bike i´ll ever will build (i hope) so i want it to feel good and last for a long time ahead =).

|

5/11/2014 3:42 PM

I can't think of any issues with either of those. But I think the problem you're going to run into with the Holmes is that there are no 22" Pitchforks at the moment. However, you can get 22" ATF/Pitchfork/wheels/tires/tubes kits, and other kits too. He even has DirtBike sticker kits you can put on it.

|

5/13/2014 11:37 AM

Have you or anyone else here ridden both the ATF and the holmes frames?. I´m used to a 74,5 HT angle, and i ride more big parks and trails than street and pumptracks. My teory was that the 74,5 HT angle would feel like a 73,5-74 on a 20" bike due to the bigger Wheels etc. Is the ATF going to be too slow turning for the tight trails?.

|

5/13/2014 11:50 AM

May I ask the reason for bumping up to a 22" setup?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/13/2014 12:39 PM

Ratfink wrote:

Have you or anyone else here ridden both the ATF and the holmes frames?. Im used to a 74,5 HT angle, and i ride more big parks ...more

The ones I've tried (ATF), and what just about everyone says that has one, is that they ride like big 20" bikes. The thing to remember is that these frames are designed around the 22" wheels. I didn't get the sense that it felt more slack. The ATF is perfect for trails.

|

5/23/2014 11:25 PM

Get a 24 incher! ;D

|

5/25/2014 12:14 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

May I ask the reason for bumping up to a 22" setup?

I just wanna try something new (For me). And i ride quite fast so bigger wheels would feel more safe and comfy. And i honestly Think that most 24" bikes (not all) looks too goofy. I Think a 22" will suit me just fine =).

|

6/1/2014 2:50 PM

I have ridden 4 separate 22 inch wheel frames.

I'd go with the ATF for sure. I know 2 people currently riding them and they both love them.

It's a trail slayer for sure.

|

6/24/2014 1:51 PM

Trans green ATF 22" on the way from cheap goods now. And faction Wheels/fork already here. Hope the frame will arrive soon so i can ride it! =).

|

6/24/2014 2:14 PM

Sounds good man. Get that thing together and shoot me some pics!

|

7/14/2014 1:35 PM

Pics yet? How do u like the 22" set up?.... picz plz!

|