Model C

Related:
Create New Tag

8/10/2016 5:57 PM

I'm in the market for a 24" and wondering if there is any place online that sells previous years of the model c maybe for a cheaper price. I hate chrome so im not digging the '17.

|

8/12/2016 2:47 PM

You might be able to find used ones. I was desperately looking for a 2016 after the 2017s came out to no avail. Even places that listed it in stock didn't have any. I'm not a chrome fan either but I ended up getting a 2017 anyway and love it.

|

8/14/2016 4:04 PM

I went ahead and ordered a 17. Should be here thursday

|

8/18/2016 7:06 PM

Just threw the bike together tonight and took it out and the rear wheels sliding forward and rubbing against the frame? Is this a common problem? Do must people run chain tensioners these days? Seems kind of shitty to me

|

8/25/2016 12:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2016 7:59 AM

cody93 wrote:

Just threw the bike together tonight and took it out and the rear wheels sliding forward and rubbing against the frame? Is ...more

In my experience it was an issue with the stock rear wheel or, at least, the stock axle nuts/hardware. I've had my '17 Model C for five weeks now and there wasn't a ride that went by where the rear wheel didn't slide forward in the dropouts. I ran a single tensioner for a bit, not so much to pull the wheel back, but just to keep it from sliding forward once set where I wanted it....it worked, but it wasn't easy on the eye (or shin/foot!).

Ultimately, about two weeks ago after I flat spotted the stock wheel, I swapped out to a Profile mini/Odyssey Hazard Lite setup that feels and rides rock solid. In multiple outings, with plenty of hard impacts, it's not moved a bit. Now if I could just dial in my brake setup how I want it!

For a second/spare bike that I convinced myself would be "budget" friendly, this thing has already eaten up a lot of money/time of mine....good thing it's fun to ride!

|

8/18/2018 4:07 PM

I got a 2018 modelc (black)complete all original, i will sell for 350 o.b.o . It is practically brand new

|

8/19/2018 1:51 AM

|

11/23/2018 9:55 PM

I was shopping around for a 24” and rode a haro downtowner. Looks sweet, but during test drive did what you were talking about. Ended up finding a 2015 Model-C on Craigslist for $260. Was solid for a few weeks but then slipped forward. I ended up finding on some othe forum to just tighten the crap out of it and haven’t had a problem since. Good luck.

|

2/11/2019 8:10 PM

I selling a Sunday Model C 24inch. It has the stock frame and wheel set other then that has all been replaced. New Odyssey fork, fit stem, new bars, seat and seat post, chain and fbm sprocket. It is a 2018.

|

2/18/2019 9:27 AM

Im selling a Wave C complete but willing to part the F/F/B & seat post. Message me if interested.
https://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/301008

|