Weight opinion

Related:
Create New Tag

9/10/2016 5:41 PM

I am looking to get back into riding and am a bit heavy. I am 6'2" and weigh 340. I prefer riding a bmx bike compared to other styles. Is a 24" gonna be able to support me? Just wanting to know before I buy and pop the tires in the first ten minutes

|

9/11/2016 11:05 AM

I think you would be fine on a bike with a chromoly frame and decent quality components, as long as you're not planning to catch big air or do anything extreme.
I would avoid race oriented bikes and aluminum frames in general, just for peace of mind, since they tend to be built for light weight and don't have the durability of a freestyle bike.
A Sunday model C, We The People Atlas, or Stolen Saint would all probably work well for you. The Sunday (if you get it as a complete bike) has a high tensile steel rear end, which is not a strong as chromoly, but by reputation is still a good solid frame.
I can't say anything for certain, but these bikes are built for jumping and park riding so they can withstand some fairly serious stresses. Definitely do some research before purchasing to be sure you make the right choice for your taste and riding style, and get a top tube size the fits you.

|