11t DK cassette/Sun Big City rear wheel FS/FT

Related:
Create New Tag

7/22/2012 12:22 AM

Just putting up my old back wheel to see what I can get for it since I have my Primo Mix Pro/Hazard Lite now. The hub is a DK shell with sealed bearings and a RHD 11T 1-piece Odyssey driver, axle and hardware. Basically an Odyssey Hazard hub with DK stamped on it and styled a little differently (smooth bends instead of hard bends). Lol. The hoop is a Sun Big City 48h. It's pretty straight, only one little hop on it, but you can't even feel it when you're riding. The hoop was black originally, but had so much brake use from the previous owner that I had to repaint it. It still looks pretty good cuz I ride brakeless, so it's only got a few scratches on it. It's a solid wheel that served me well for a long time from dirt to street to park, I just stepped it up so I have no use for it anymore. It'd make a good back up wheel or a good start for some kid that doesn't have a cassette hub yet, side project bike build, or hell, even extra parts for your Odyssey hub just in case. I know the axle/hardware/driver/etc work with Hazard hubs cuz I've tried it already. Lol

Throw me an offer or I'll trade it for a half link chain in really clean condition and an aluminum Primo Drive Side Guard, cuz I really need them to say the least. I do have a full time job too, so if it takes me all day to reply, I'm not ignoring you. Lol

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

7/22/2012 10:03 AM

Morning bump before work

|

7/22/2012 1:53 PM

You take 40 bucks?

|

7/22/2012 1:58 PM

I just saw you are looking for dirt forks. I have some older ones other the big bolt top cap. Need paint but if you wans do strait trade I'm down

|

7/22/2012 4:00 PM

Yeah man I'm down for that if they're in decent condition. Post a few pics of them. I'd say text me the pics, but my phone is shitty so I won't even be able to see them. I'm not cool enough to have a smart phone. Lol. If not, then yeah I'll take $40. I dunno what shipping costs on a wheel tho, but it can't be any more than a frame or forks which is only $10-$15.

|

7/22/2012 6:46 PM

There in decent condition like I said the paint is pretty messed up haha. The were on a bike that was stolen that I actually just recovered so yeah. I'll shoot some pics and put em here!

|

7/22/2012 11:02 PM

Damn man, lucky lucky! Suprised you got your bike back. Well, alright tho, just throw up some pics and we'll be good to go!

|

7/23/2012 12:24 PM

Let me get your number just in case this thread disappears into the Vital depths. Lol

|

7/23/2012 10:40 PM

ttt

|

7/24/2012 11:38 AM

I'm going to be getting paint stripper today for my frame, so if you would like I can strip these and paint them flat black. I can try to get some steel wool and get some of the rust off but whatever you'd like. Steertube appears to be trimmed it has like 6 1/14th" of steertube.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

7/24/2012 12:24 PM

Alright. Well they look good. I'm not worried about the paint condition. I'll just strip and repaint them anyways. Lol. I'm gonna have to measure the steerer tube on my forks now to make sure they'll be long enough since I run at least one spacer on mine between the top cap and stem. And I'm assuming that's just a paint chip where the steerer tube meets the fork leg? Hopefully not a crack in the weld right?

|

7/24/2012 1:06 PM

Yeah I think theres enough room there was a spacer underneath the stem. And yeah thats just paint chipping i checked the welds.

|

7/24/2012 1:30 PM

Alright. I measured it, it's a tiny bit over 6 1/2 inches from the top of the bearing race to the top of my stem, so it should work out fine, assuming that bottom pic is measured from the same spot. I may have to eliminate one of my spacers if anything. Lol. Well, let me get your address and I'll get it out today. I'll provide a tracking number when I get back, but the post office is so slow, you'll probably have it before they even put any info on their site. Lol. Should only take 2-3 days max to get to you.

|

7/24/2012 4:13 PM

Wheel traded to Russell

|