2014 colony teddy frame

Related:
Create New Tag

10/31/2014 10:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/31/2014 10:07 PM

2014 colony teddy frame. 21 inch. Color is translucent gold. Like new I bought this two months ago. The decals have been removed. There is slight scratches but no dings or dents. Scratchds and scuffs around where the axle nut tightens. This is for the frame only. Nothing else. I am buying a new frame that I have been looking for for along time and one came available. I need atleast $275 for the frame. Plus shipping. Any questions please ask. Photo

|

10/31/2014 11:22 PM

1. This frame looks absolutely fabulous. Bangin.
2. I have helpful advice to offer your regarding sales strategy in this forum so if you'd like it; feel free to email me at michaelhenri79@gmaildotcom

|

10/31/2014 11:27 PM

Huh?

|

10/31/2014 11:36 PM

fifth gear wrote:

Huh?

he wants to help you sell it, because you won't be able to sell the frame the way you are marketing it
email him, robinson is a nice guy, he's just trying to help

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/1/2014 12:38 AM

fifth gear wrote:

Huh?

bmxsteve99 wrote:

he wants to help you sell it, because you won't be able to sell the frame the way you are marketing it
email him, robinson is ...more

Correct, thank you Steve , and advice in private is always better. I'll be happy to answer any questions as well. ; 0)

|

11/1/2014 12:54 AM

take his advice because the rest of us are a bunch of assholesbecause we know damn well you're not going to get $275 for that frame or anywhere near that

|

11/1/2014 12:56 AM

ScramHype wrote:

take his advice because the rest of us are a bunch of assholesbecause we know damn well you're not going to get $275 for that ...more

pretty much this haha

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/1/2014 1:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/1/2014 1:20 AM

I'm like the softer side of sears! I'll walk you through it with padded gloves.

The following information is solid gold and should be read by all people entering an online sales forum anywhere..

I'm a special education teacher so I'm accustomed to approaching supports for learners from all different angles. Becoming proficient in the bmx resale market takes a considerable investment of time, effort, and sometimes money. The greatest epiphany I've had is that there is almost always an uncomfortable feeling of "Surrender or Reluctance" with each valuable sale; and consequently an addictive rush that accompanies a valuable acquisition or "Score!". The variance between your acquisition price and your net gain after shipping is your profit. This is not a way to earn a living nor is it a forum through which you can "Cut your losses" and get out of a $400 investment having only taken a forty dollar loss.

In a nutshell OP (original poster)...

Your frame looks great! If it is aftermarket you'll be able to sell it quickly for $140 in that condition. It's unfortunate but it's reality. Sell it locally if that is possible. If you paid retail prices for it you are going to take a minimum 50% loss in order to sell it here and ship it. In addition to the typical challenges of selling used bmx products in excellent condition for anywhere close to retail price, you also face the challenge of being a new person in a forum attempting to gain trust or provide valuable information to reassure a potential buyer. When I showed up I had been a member of another bmx sales forum for years, slowly and painstakingly built a feedback rating there, and was able to piggy back on it.

Think about it from our perspective... "Who is this guy? I've never heard of him. We've seen so much scamming from emergent members who start selling immediately. Why should we assume risk? If I'm going to assume risk, I better be getting a "no brainer" price on the risk. Why am I going to wire money to a person who does not have an online reputation as a sales person with integrity nor have they willingly surrendered personal information about their identity and whereabouts."

Risk = Discounts

I'll put down $100 as a risk on that awesome looking gold frame. If it actually get's here I'll drop you another $40. It will cost you 20 dollars to ship it to me via fed ex. This offer, is indicative of any offer you'd receive in this forum, and is commonplace for new comers to not know this. I myself still try to get way too much for my gear, and I miss out on opportunities because of it. When I remember to "sell it" and then on to the next one.. I do much better.

Hope this helps! Here is an example of feedback from a forum. You'll see something similar but usually less genuine through places like Ebay. http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/reputation.php?uid=78131

|

11/1/2014 2:06 AM

What he said. Also take into consideration the target people you are selling to. Browse the forum first and see whats selling and whats not. You also want to check mailorder sites. Dans is your best bet as they usually have some sort of promo going on. Your teddy while being in good shape is a few years old. The newer frames out now are 299.xx and cheaper with codes. Just take the advice given into consideration.

|

11/1/2014 8:46 AM

also fedex is 1/2 the price to ship a frame of ups

|

11/1/2014 11:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/1/2014 11:42 AM

I paid 350 for it less than 2 months ago and I barely rode it, it's in like new condition. I'm not looking to give away the frame. I live in alaska and to ship the frame for $20 anywhere is unheard of. No fed ex here. I wasn't aware the bmx market took a dive after purchasing new. I will ask to remove my ad. Thanks for your advice. I understand the whole new guy thing as well but I'm not one to rip a guy off. And I appreciate not getting slammed hard for something I wasn't aware of. Unlike other forums. I actually steered away from forums for that reason. People tend to slam on other people alot these days. But my new found love for bmx has returned since high school and I wanted to see wht the kids are up to this era in the bmx scene and yeah I did miss the online forums. Anyway.

|

11/1/2014 1:09 PM

selling on here takes patience. not just in terms of when something sells, but you need to deal with people who want something for nothing, on top of people who wont even pay attention to the details of your sale/thread. youll get trade offers for things you dont even want, youll get people who say "if you have this in three months ill buy it". sadly, the secondary bmx market sucks right now and is mainly broke-ass young kids who might not necessarily appreciate someone elses money. they want what you have, but they dont/cant buy ever buy it.

yes, i sound bitter and like im complaining, but even with clear cut, bold print like: PRICE IS FIRM AND NO TRADES, you will get replies that pay no attention to those words. im only giving advice because many of the legitimate sellers on here deal with this nonsense regularly.

thankfully, everyone ive dealt with/bought from/sold to has always been easy and everything goes smooth and ive personally only been scammed once on here, but what im saying is that its taken me awhile to get familiar with how things usually go on here.

that being said, $275 isnt necessarily bad, considering the condition of the frame, but keep in mind that lately on here even the most popular, sought-after parts/frames have a hard time selling. even clean, barely used stuff takes a huge hit price-wise. basically you have to compromise with yourself on price, keeping in mind the shipping cost and how much of a hit youll take.

i assure you, the good people on here are REALLY good and will never steer you in the wrong direction or give you information that isnt correct.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

11/1/2014 1:19 PM

howlerfbm wrote:

selling on here takes patience. not just in terms of when something sells, but you need to deal with people who want something ...more

Very well said. Great perspective, I know alot of the ppl on here are kidd and I guess I should of thought this out a little harder but I found a frame I've wanted for along time and my instinct was to sell what I had fast cause it's so fresh and new but other than that, my frame isn't for sale on here anymore

|

11/1/2014 1:44 PM

I´d box that thing back up and save it for a rainy (snowy in your case) day. It´s beautiful but not worth trying to sell on here. If I move back to AK I would pick it up for sure!!

|

Refs: Ecuadevil, Rollin'on20's, Obiwan Chromoly(x2), Future_D, Joe_Medina, bobPA

11/1/2014 3:14 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

This. Took me til jan. 2014 to discover this. Fedex is twice the price for smalls though.

|

11/1/2014 4:08 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

robinson79 wrote:

This. Took me til jan. 2014 to discover this. Fedex is twice the price for smalls though.

This......I just shipped a frame from IL to Cali.....it was just under 14 bucks.

|

Legit

Oscar5788,Scramhype,SuperstarDK,Howlerfbm,AlexDanielP,KilledGlamour,notorious NIG,KYMIKE

11/1/2014 5:35 PM

I shipped a frame to ny fedex and cost me 17 and change, shipped wheels or tried to and they wanted 45, going to iowa. I paid 20 or usps. Catch it when its good

|