84' Skyway TA

Related:
Create New Tag

9/27/2017 9:06 PM

Hey, wanted to know what I needed to know/do to sell my 84 Skyway TA. When I was a kid my mountain bike got stolen, and my mom contacted her friends at Skyway (I was born in Redding, CA) who put this bike together for me to replace my stolen bike. I maybe rode it a dozen times, and then discovered NES and boobs. I've kept it all these years because I just always loved the bike even though I never really rode it. I always figured I'd save it for my kid, and I do have a 5 year old son, but I've kind of realized that I don't think he'll cherish it like someone else could.. and it'd break my heart to see it get trashed. Anyways, it's in perfect condition as far as I can see. I need to take some more pics and inspect it closer.

What I know:
- SN: 5-84 0011548
- I measured the top tube (18.5in?)
- Kinda looks like it had a bunch of freestyle parts put on it. Might have been because I believe the factory was shutting down. The seat has a retractable grip (Skyway Grabber), that I assume was for tricks.
- Araya Rims
- Sun Suzue hubs

What else do I need to know about the bike? Anyone know what this could be worth?

Photo
Photo

|

9/29/2017 10:21 AM

Wow. Great "barn find" (not that you "found it")! Any idea what you want to sell it for?

|

9/29/2017 11:26 AM

Hey, thanks! I spoke with someone who was interested yesterday and we talked price, but no deal yet. There's such a range of prices on eBay, it's hard to know. Components are all stock. After doing some research it seems this was probably a left over '84 frame that got some '86ish freestyle components? I guess the rare thing would be that the frame is in perfect shape, original chrome, etc. Message me if you want to talk price.

|

9/13/2018 5:10 PM

Look like I'm a little late for this lol but if is available please please let me know.

|

9/18/2018 12:41 PM

Not too late. I've still got it. Just haven't been motivated enough to officially post it for sale. Interested?

|

9/18/2018 5:40 PM

Yes I'm interested

|

9/18/2018 6:27 PM

What are you asking for it

|

9/18/2018 6:28 PM

Email me at hotdogger16@hotmail.com or add me on messenger

|

12/14/2020 12:29 AM

Is this still available?