Custom Frames

Related:
Create New Tag

8/8/2014 8:05 AM

Hey hit me up if you'd like to design and order a custom frame. Check out my website embassy4130.com/

|

Embassy Tubular Frames Bro!

8/8/2014 8:11 AM

How much? can you make a frame to the spec of en existing frame?

|

Custom printed tees and decals! 716-708-5264

8/8/2014 8:22 AM

What's up, what are you looking for? Let know what frame your talking about and if you'd change anything. $350 is jump off point for simple frame designs. Moderately customization probably around $400 with clear or Badd Jessie Electric black powder coat!

|

8/8/2014 12:17 PM

With that price I rather go with S&M... I think your prices are a bit too high don't you think? Like some kid said... "Gotta spent money to make money."

Start from the bottom bro, and EARN your way up.

|

CHECK PROFILE FOR REFERENCES!

8/8/2014 12:23 PM

Vam999 wrote:

With that price I rather go with S&M... I think your prices are a bit too high don't you think? Like some kid said... ...more

Though I agree with you, I have a few things you should consider
- i have no association with him whatsoever
-his website looks professional and organized
-his frames have very clean welds
-he has a specialized jig for frames which is good
-normal custom frames are 550+, not 350 which is a damn good deal considering s&m charges even more for powder coat
-all of his jigs and equipment are specialized for framemaking, and he has years of experience with 4130
-but then again, we havent seen any reviews
just my observations

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/8/2014 1:44 PM

Thanks for the Input guys. S&M, FBM, even Laird frames are all only custom based off one of their "production style" frames. Yea and they are charging around $550 for that. I work with customers to choose tubing, and I'll build what ever joint style you want too. So considering the amount of work that goes into designing each frame from scratch "not altering existing drawings and setups" I have hours into design and working with the order to get the details before I even begin cutting any tubes. Then at least 4 hrs go into making the frame. So I am staring from the bottom and earning my way up. I fully understand about my very small track record but as far as durability is concerned that's whats nice about working with me. You can pick the tubing! So i'll work with people and select tubes that fit their riding capability and style. I'n my opinion frames shouldn't be very much more than a few ounces under 5lbs. The level of riding keeps increasing but frame's seem to be sacrificing for weight. I have a standard of what tubes I will not work with because of strength issues. I get it though S&M's are sick but I prefer FBM!

|

8/8/2014 2:24 PM

looks good!
do you do bars as well? if so what would be the base price for a set of 4pc bars?

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/8/2014 2:46 PM

embassybikes wrote:

Thanks for the Input guys. S&M, FBM, even Laird frames are all only custom based off one of their "production style" ...more

Try again. fbm is not a few tweaks to a production frame. You fully build it from the ground up exactly how you want.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/8/2014 2:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2014 2:49 PM

embassybikes wrote:

Thanks for the Input guys. S&M, FBM, even Laird frames are all only custom based off one of their "production style" ...more

tomdon wrote:

Try again. fbm is not a few tweaks to a production frame. You fully build it from the ground up exactly how you want.

you are both sort of right
its ground up geo of your choice, but with the same weld pattern, seat/chainstay bend, dropout style etc unless you specify, and that costs extra if i remember correctly

|

8/8/2014 3:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2014 3:27 PM

FBM will build you anything you want any way you want it. They're currently building me a custom 29" bmx frame/fork set that is custom built to all my specs. S&M on the other hand can't even change the standover height on a custom frame.

|

8/8/2014 3:48 PM

Interesting.

|

8/8/2014 3:53 PM

Fbm custom is great I think this guy has a pretty good price seeing as how this is a custom. I think any welder that can do bikes will charger 400+ for a bmx frame, if he is willing to do what he says the way you want down the tubing specifications then that's pretty good.

|

8/8/2014 3:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2014 4:05 PM

embassybikes wrote:

Actually Mike Laird builds frames to spec for his customers, which currently are all friends etc. He hasn't opened up to public framebuilding yet. And his are 450.

But this is a legit option for those who want to give it a go. Fortunately I am currently NOT in need of a frame, but you guys are on my radar for when the time comes.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/8/2014 4:16 PM

mserno75 wrote:

FBM will build you anything you want any way you want it. They're currently building me a custom 29" bmx frame/fork set that ...more

Thanks for the update, last I knew FBM just did geometry mods. FBM is great to customers. Dave who used to be over there now he's doing his own "Pedal driven" was always super helpful to me. Laird frames have some killer welds too. Laird has an insane passion for tig welding. I'm just trying to offer fully custom choices with low prices because I am unknown.

|

8/8/2014 4:37 PM

Laird is a solid welder. If you follow the guy on instagram, at least once a day is a beautiful weld, and he is more than happy to answer any questions about riding and welding.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/8/2014 5:46 PM

I'll keep you in mind. I'm planning on going with a custom Laird frame but if I see good reviews I'd be glad to go with you. Where are you based out of? I'm only a 2 hours from Laird

|

Smoke Drink Die

8/8/2014 5:54 PM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

I'll keep you in mind. I'm planning on going with a custom Laird frame but if I see good reviews I'd be glad to go with you. ...more

I'm in Montrose Colorado. I've been a welder fabricator machinist for nearly 10 years. I had my start with frames in Vegas 6 years ago it only lasted a year till I moved back to Colorado. Now I have the capabilities again. I had built about 20 frames for friends mostly in the Denver area. Since then a lot of those guys are riding pro level now. Time fly's.

|

8/8/2014 6:06 PM

embassybikes wrote:

I'm in Montrose Colorado. I've been a welder fabricator machinist for nearly 10 years. I had my start with frames in Vegas 6 ...more

Sounds good man. I'm all for promoting entrepreneurship so I'll keep in touch. Probably will be early next year when I start building my bike. I want my next one to last a very long time.

|

Smoke Drink Die

8/8/2014 6:11 PM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

I'll keep you in mind. I'm planning on going with a custom Laird frame but if I see good reviews I'd be glad to go with you. ...more

embassybikes wrote:

I'm in Montrose Colorado. I've been a welder fabricator machinist for nearly 10 years. I had my start with frames in Vegas 6 ...more

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Sounds good man. I'm all for promoting entrepreneurship so I'll keep in touch. Probably will be early next year when I start ...more

Thanks for the support

|

8/8/2014 10:26 PM

I'll be looking you up in the next couple of months...
Your work looks beautiful!

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

8/9/2014 7:50 AM

boston wrote:

I'll be looking you up in the next couple of months...
Your work looks beautiful!

Thank you!

|

8/9/2014 9:06 PM

Been making money for a new frame, and so far you're #1 on my list. But it'll be awhile before I can order one. What would you quote for a frame with welded mounts, and a prismicolor powdercoat? I'm only 14 and at such a low price for a custom, I'm in love. And do all frames come with the embassy sticker or decal like the yellow frame in your gallery?

|

8/9/2014 9:15 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Been making money for a new frame, and so far you're #1 on my list. But it'll be awhile before I can order one. What would you ...more

Weld on mounts is gonna be the cheapest. I have an awesome black that has a purple and teal colored prismatic metal flake. It would be the cheapest powder coat color too, other than gloss black or clear. If its pretty normal geometry and 4130 tube set with round o.d. single bend rear end, should cost $360. Thanks for wanting to spend your hard earned money on one of my frames.

|

8/9/2014 9:44 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Been making money for a new frame, and so far you're #1 on my list. But it'll be awhile before I can order one. What would you ...more

embassybikes wrote:

Weld on mounts is gonna be the cheapest. I have an awesome black that has a purple and teal colored prismatic metal flake. It ...more

So I can get a frame with all the specs I want, powdercoated, and only pay $360? Your page is bookmarked, and I'm looking for extra work now.

|

8/10/2014 12:53 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

embassybikes wrote:

Weld on mounts is gonna be the cheapest. I have an awesome black that has a purple and teal colored prismatic metal flake. It ...more

biggybuggy wrote:

So I can get a frame with all the specs I want, powdercoated, and only pay $360? Your page is bookmarked, and I'm looking for ...more

Send me an e-mail and I can send you a couple pictures. I have some shots of that electric black color. I also have a frame I built for kicks that is not powdercoated yet. It's Geometry is 75deg Head tube, 71degree seat tube, 20.56" Top tube, 13.56 slammed chainstay. 7.5" standover, 11.5 bottom bracket height. It has removable brakes on the top. Integrated head tube, Mid b.b. I have pictures and I would sell it with the electric black for $300 Maybe the geometry is close enough and you can save some $$$$$

|

8/10/2014 12:55 PM

whats your warranty policy? and what would be the base price for 4pc bars, if you do them?

|

8/10/2014 1:01 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

whats your warranty policy? and what would be the base price for 4pc bars, if you do them?

You can read the warranty policy www.embassy4130.com. I should be building more tooling this week to allow me to build 4pcs bars, I'll keep you on in the loop about that.

|

8/10/2014 6:22 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

embassybikes wrote:

You can read the warranty policy www.embassy4130.com. I should be building more tooling this week to allow me to build 4pcs ...more

Email me at embassy4130@gmail.com and I'll keep you up to date about the bar situation.

|

8/11/2014 12:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2014 12:58 PM

Can you estimate me a price?
Top and bottom wishbone
7mm thick dropouts
21.25" tt
75.5* hta
11.65" bb
8.25" soh
13ish" cs
Welded lower mounts and KHE Affix Rotor-compatible headtube
Full post weld heat treated
Probably just average tubing? Idunno. Extra thick chainstays though.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/11/2014 1:56 PM

So for all of you that want to see the paint he has, it's beautiful.Photo

|