How to Open a Paypal Claim.

Related:
Create New Tag

7/26/2010 2:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 3:43 AM

Step 1:
Go to www.paypal.com and log-in. ">www.paypal.com and log-in.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Step 2:
Click on the "Resolution Center" icon in the toolbar under My Account.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Step 3:
Click on the Dispute a Transaction button located below the Report a Problem Section
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Step 4:
Click on the type of problem you are having. in this case i have chosen to select an Item Not Received Dispute and click continue.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Step 5:
Click on the Find a Transaction button. It should open another window.
DO NOT TYPE ANYTHING IN THE BOX TO THE LEFT OF IT.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Step 6:
Find your transaction in the window that has popped up. Once you find the transaction in question, click on the Transaction ID. I have shown the area i would have clicked by putting a red box around the Transaction ID.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Step 7:
After clicking on the Transaction Id, the pop up window should close and insert the transaction Id like the picture below.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Step 8:
At this screen you should select the reason for filing your dispute. if you have not received the item then select the first option. Otherwise it should be the one below it.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Step 9:
Next, you should select the category that this dispute falls under. Please note that the picture below shows the drop down box extended. After you select the category, you need to give ALL the details about the transaction including any conversations between you and the seller. This is the most important part of the dispute.. the more facts and details you supply, the better your chances of winning.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Step 10:
You have now filed a dispute.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

HOW TO ESCALATE OR ADD TO DISPUTE

Step 1:
Go to www.paypal.com and log into your account.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Step 2:
Under the resolution center box ont he right, click on Open Disputes & Claims link.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Step 3:
Find your Dispute and click on View.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Step 4:
From here you can post more info about the case if needed. use this area to communicate with the seller. If you feel you have come to an agreement or want to escalate the case, use the links below the post message box.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

kobe bryant ready

7/26/2010 2:10 PM

Ps: make sure you don't send money as a "gift"

|

REFS:

Traded: meowmoo68, kevinl, martinnn1004, RideTemec

Sold to: RyanMC (x2), Dennis916, Dave805, sunday.bmx21, brendon1207, kevinl

Bought: Brock Larson

email: scwright99@hotmail.com

2/17/2011 8:59 PM

What do you send money as in order for it to be insured by paypal?

A payment for goods, services or what?

|

Check Profile for 24 Refs!

Chicago BMX Video!!

2/17/2011 9:01 PM

GOOD POST

|

BIKE CHECK!
BEEN HERE SINCE 07 TRUE OG
if you’re pegs ain’t steel, you ain’t real
refs- way to many just ask around
FLICKR
CRAZY MAAZY

2/17/2011 9:02 PM

What do you send money as in order for it to be insured by paypal?

A payment for goods, services or what?

|

Chicago BMX Video!!

2/17/2011 9:04 PM

scwright99 wrote:

why?

and sticky this thread

|

2/17/2011 9:05 PM

collin86 wrote:

why?

and sticky this thread

CAUSE YOU CAN T GET UR $ BACK

|

BIKE CHECK!
BEEN HERE SINCE 07 TRUE OG
if you’re pegs ain’t steel, you ain’t real
refs- way to many just ask around
FLICKR
CRAZY MAAZY

2/17/2011 9:11 PM

scwright99 wrote:

collin86 wrote:

why?

and sticky this thread

CRAZY MAAZY wrote:

CAUSE YOU CAN T GET UR $ BACK

You sure.....my friend did

|

Chicago BMX Video!!

2/17/2011 9:15 PM

well i shall stop sending as a gift and they can just deal with the 3% tax ha!

|

jarrod

2/17/2011 9:16 PM

sticky?

|

jarrod

2/17/2011 10:30 PM

send as goods, and if youre being paid through paypal, ship your goods with signature confirmation. paypal policies.

most forums i buy/sell on forbid or at least strongly frown on requesting, suggesting, or requiring buyers to pay as gift.. on here it seems everyone wants you to do it that way to save a dollar but most forums will label you a scammer just for putting "pay as gift" on your for sale thread

|

-- doing business like its a business since 1985 --

"*a08 is awesome" -Penman166

T34416L3 TW1N5 - Terrible Twins (Twin Terrible One Barcodes) Brakes/Brakeless T1

a08's Ohio Standard - STOLEN - REWARD IF FOUND

WTB: Chrome GSport Birdcage Rims
WTB: S&M Pitchfork, 26mm
WTB: BSD Revolution Hub, RHD

2/17/2011 10:41 PM

A08 wrote:

send as goods, and if youre being paid through paypal, ship your goods with signature confirmation. paypal policies.

most ...more

what is/ how do you do the signature confirmation?

|

jarrod

2/17/2011 11:05 PM

it is a term used with united states postal service and other US shipping companies just refering to a service where you pay a few dollars extra and the person recieving the package has to sign for it before they're allowed to take it.. here the delivery person will knock on your door and if youre not there leave a notice in your box and you have to go to the post office sometimes its a slight hassle.. which is the main reason shady buyers request you dont do it, cause they "dont want to have to drive to the post office to get it" if they arent home when they try to drop it off.. which could suck but its peace of mind for the seller, a buyer shouldnt ask for anything that would take that away

|

-- doing business like its a business since 1985 --

"*a08 is awesome" -Penman166

T34416L3 TW1N5 - Terrible Twins (Twin Terrible One Barcodes) Brakes/Brakeless T1

a08's Ohio Standard - STOLEN - REWARD IF FOUND

WTB: Chrome GSport Birdcage Rims
WTB: S&M Pitchfork, 26mm
WTB: BSD Revolution Hub, RHD

2/18/2011 1:41 AM

A08 wrote:

it is a term used with united states postal service and other US shipping companies just refering to a service where you pay a ...more

so in paypal when i pay for this stem from cellmember i pay as goods not gift, and when i ship something , when i go to the post office i ask for signature confirmation?

|

jarrod

2/18/2011 1:45 AM

A08 wrote:

it is a term used with united states postal service and other US shipping companies just refering to a service where you pay a ...more

xXxbeans wrote:

so in paypal when i pay for this stem from cellmember i pay as goods not gift, and when i ship something , when i go to the ...more

i've found it it's called secure/registered post over here. http://auspost.com.au/personal/registered-post.html
thanks for the help man.

|

jarrod

2/18/2011 7:21 AM

Good shit sticky this.

Like they said never send as gift the extra 3% isn't much anyway.

|

Refs: Wolfen, 0tk, bdk1313, dudeisdrumer109