Raffle Bike Completed

Related:
Create New Tag

2/4/2018 10:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2018 8:35 PM

I'm looking to build up a bike that I can raffle off at my Jam that I'm hosting in April, so that I can fund a BBQ cook-out the next day for everyone traveling into town for the weekend.

I don't want anything too high of quality, but nothing broken or Wal-Mart quality either (I want it to at least be a beginner level trick bike.) I'm basically just looking for your old, cheap parts that might end up seeing the inside of a trashcan otherwise. Color / condition of the finish doesn't matter, I plan on giving it a sweet custom paint job before raffling it.

I'm honestly totally broke at the moment ($3 to my name) since I've been out of work on an injury for the past half year. I'll gladly pay for shipping, and maybe more depending on the part(s), but please understand it's going to take me a bit to come up with any money. Basically, if you can't hold on to the part until I can come up with some money, I'm probably not your guy!

I hate asking for hand outs, so what I can do is offer everyone that helps 1 free ticket to the raffle, and if you happen to be the winner, I will ship the bike to you (I'll have birthday money 3 days after the Jam if I'm not already back to work by then.)

Let me know what you've got & how much you want to ship it to me, and I'll do my best to get some money set aside & will let you know as soon as I have enough.

Thanks guys!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/4/2018 10:48 AM

Have almost brand new fit t/a 2.3 tires.

|

2/4/2018 11:02 AM

bmxrider000 wrote:

What would you want for them shipped to Missouri?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

2/4/2018 1:58 PM

I have an 09 SE Wildman Xpert.

|

2/4/2018 3:11 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I have an 09 SE Wildman Xpert.

Pics? I'm not even sure what that is tbh haha. What do you want for it shipped?

|

2/4/2018 3:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2018 3:25 PM

Look up "09 Wildman Xpart in the bike check. It's all listed there. I'd take my seat and post back & probably the bars. It'd be a full bike. I'd have to check on shipping. It's full Chromoly frame fork, etc... Not top of the line but a good beginner bike, nonetheless.

https://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/2nd-chance-09-Wildman-X-pert,1317304?mobile=false

|

2/4/2018 3:26 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Look up "09 Wildman Xpart in the bike check. It's all listed there. I'd take my seat and post back & probably the bars. ...more

Would you do a part out on it?

I've got a local guy offering me an Eastern Dragon frame, so I think I'm going to build something half-way custom off of that.

Also found bars, stem, pedals, and cranks locally.

|

2/4/2018 3:32 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Look up "09 Wildman Xpart in the bike check. It's all listed there. I'd take my seat and post back & probably the bars. ...more

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I've got a local guy offering me an Eastern Dragon frame, so I think I'm going to build ...more

Lol... So what else do you need?

|

2/4/2018 3:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2018 3:59 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I've got a local guy offering me an Eastern Dragon frame, so I think I'm going to build ...more

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Lol... So what else do you need?

Let me see what else I can find locally first, since it's been going well so far. At the moment I need wheels, tires, a sprocket, a seat/post/clamp, and maybe but not necessarily some brakes?

I understand if you don't want to part it out though, it's a nice complete. I'm opting for the Dragon though since it's full chromo and has an integrated headset.

|

2/4/2018 3:44 PM

bmxrider000 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

$50 shipped, excellent condition!

|

2/4/2018 3:45 PM

Also have a pivotal fit seatpost I can include for $10 more.

|

2/4/2018 3:47 PM

bmxrider000 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

bmxrider000 wrote:

That's practically full price.. I'd rather put the $50 towards BBQ. Thanks though.

|

2/4/2018 3:51 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

bmxrider000 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

That's practically full price.. I'd rather put the $50 towards BBQ. Thanks though.

Full price is closer to $75?

|

2/4/2018 3:53 PM

I can do $55 for both the tires and post?

|

2/4/2018 3:58 PM

bmxrider000 wrote:

I can buy a set brand new in any color on Dan's Comp for $53.90+free shipping.

As stated in the post, I'm only looking for free or really cheap parts. If I had $50 to spend on tires, I would just put that money towards the BBQ.

Thanks for the offer though. Glws.

|

2/4/2018 4:02 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

bmxrider000 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

As stated in the post, I'm only looking for ...more

Not free shipping, it’s $65, but what I can do for you if you really want is give it you for $50 shipped for the fit tires and pivotal seatpost.

|

2/4/2018 4:07 PM

bmxrider000 wrote:

Not free shipping, it’s $65, but what I can do for you if you really want is give it you for $50 shipped for the fit tires and ...more

No thanks dude. Again, I'm not looking to spend that much on tires. I'd rather get a cheap set off eBay for $20-25 shipped. I don't care to have that nice of tires on a bike that I'm giving away.

|

2/4/2018 4:08 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

As stated in the post, I'm only looking for ...more

bmxrider000 wrote:

Not free shipping, it’s $65, but what I can do for you if you really want is give it you for $50 shipped for the fit tires and ...more

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

No thanks dude. Again, I'm not looking to spend that much on tires. I'd rather get a cheap set off eBay for $20-25 shipped. I ...more

Ok cool!

|

2/5/2018 6:15 AM

So far I've found majority of a bike thanks to a bunch of local fellas! I still need the following;
Sprocket & chain
Wheels & tires
Seat & post
An integrated headset
& Grips

|

2/5/2018 8:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2018 8:05 AM

Let me know what kind of wheels you'd be okay with. I have a set from my original Heavy Hitter that are...not "great" wheels, but they're not bent or fucked up really. They could most likely use a really quick truing and they'd be good to go. I also have the standard combined seat/post from the SE too. They're just sitting around so I could let them all go for shipping + some compliments on my figure.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

2/5/2018 8:16 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Let me know what kind of wheels you'd be okay with. I have a set from my original Heavy Hitter that are...not "great" wheels, ...more

Mostly just hoping to get a sealed wheelset on it, 14mm rear and 3/8" front, 9t driver. I've got a guy offering me a Wal-Mart wheelset locally, so I can always use that if it comes down to it, but I'd like to keep it halfway decent quality (sealed bearings at the least.)

If you think your wheels are better quality than some ultra-cheap Wal-Mart ones, you should totally post some pics! I'm interested.

I've found a really rad pivotal seat locally that's gonna set the theme for the bike, so I just need the following now;
Pivotal Seat post
Sealed or Double-wall Wheels (14mm rear 9t driver, 3/8" front)
Tires
Grips (9/10 condition at least, otherwise I'll buy new ones for the bike)

|

2/5/2018 8:32 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Mostly just hoping to get a sealed wheelset on it, 14mm rear and 3/8" front, 9t driver. I've got a guy offering me a Wal-Mart ...more

I think these will fit the bill, dude. I'm underselling them because they're just stock wheels from the heavy hitter and I didn't use them for long because at the time I didn't really know about truing/tightening spokes.

From SE's Archives: King Kong Sealed Bearing Alloy 36H 3/8" Female F & 14mm R Hubs w/Alex Mud32 F & DM22 R Double Wall Rims, 9T Driver

This is the front wheel (obviously) and I can post up a pic of the rear one later if you're interested.

Photo

|

2/5/2018 8:40 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Let me know what kind of wheels you'd be okay with. I have a set from my original Heavy Hitter that are...not "great" wheels, ...more

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Mostly just hoping to get a sealed wheelset on it, 14mm rear and 3/8" front, 9t driver. I've got a guy offering me a Wal-Mart ...more

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I think these will fit the bill, dude. I'm underselling them because they're just stock wheels from the heavy hitter and I ...more

Dude that looks perfect! I'm absolutely interested.

Just let me know what you want for them shipped to Missouri. I should hopefully be able to get the money together in a few weeks or so if you can hold on to them.

|

2/5/2018 8:46 AM

No rush at all dude. You have dibs, they're not listed anywhere. Lemme get a quote for shipping and I'll give you the details. I'll be in touch later tonight. I've been wanting my spare parts to go to some kid who doesn't have anything really sweet to ride, so this is perfect.

|

2/5/2018 8:49 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

No rush at all dude. You have dibs, they're not listed anywhere. Lemme get a quote for shipping and I'll give you the details. ...more

Awesome! Thanks so much. Feel free to shoot me a text when you've got a quote @ (314)560-fifty fifty

|

2/5/2018 9:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2018 9:35 AM

Hey, I got a sprocket and chain you can have, just pay shipping...

I sent you a text

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

2/7/2018 10:03 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

No rush at all dude. You have dibs, they're not listed anywhere. Lemme get a quote for shipping and I'll give you the details. ...more

Were you ever able to get that quote? I'm getting some money together as I can. Let me know what's up.

|

2/9/2018 12:34 PM

I have a black seat post if you still need it

|

2/9/2018 12:44 PM

bassist_nerd wrote:

I have a black seat post if you still need it

I do! That'd be rad, as long as it's pivotal.

Let me know what you want for it shipped to Missouri.

|

2/9/2018 2:29 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Yo yo, what it do?

When I shipped my wheels to Florida it was about $18. Let me know what's up I got $20 to spend right now.

|