Leaving BMX : ( -- MUST GO!

Related:
Create New Tag

11/30/2013 10:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2013 10:56 PM

EDIT: NOW PARTING OUT!

EDIT: WHEELSET NOW ON EBAY UNDER "vinkreepo" ... $247 + FedEX shipping!!!

Well I saw it coming. Let's just say my new job doesn't support the image of me riding a BMX... at all. Sadly, my BMX has to go.

WHEELS {250 + shipping}: I polished the inside of a set of 36h Sun Big Ballers and left the machined sidewalls for better braking. The spokes are pink Primos and the hubs are GSport (14mm Ratchet and 3/8" Marmoset). The Marmoset was purchased used, but everything else in the wheels is new except for the front tire. I paid $300 not including the polishing equipment, so I'm asking $250 + shipping since they were ridden once around my apartment complex to break in the spokes.

BARS {50 + shipping}: '85-85(?) GT Cr-mo RACE bars (a.k.a. not for abuse, needs to be on a race bike or classic)... grips included

BRAKES {15 + shipping or 20 shipped CONUS}: V1 EVO's

STEM/HEADSET {20 + shipping or 25 shipped CONUS}: Ody Elementary V1with a natural fade/oxidize from black to olive green. Has V2 internals IIRC. Headset is not doing so well but will be included. Eastern... need I say more?

FORKS: SOLD!!! to ecuadevil (sorry to whoever was texting me. ecuadevil sent paypal info 2 hours before you contacted me again).

FRAME {50 + shipping}: Old Fly Diablo (3?) frame. Has grind marks from previous owner and 3 small dent on DT. Good beater frame for grinding. Seat clamp included unless someone makes an offer for it.

SPROCKET/CHAIN {30 + shipping or 25 shipped CONUS}: Fly 7075 30T sprocket. Worn but works. Chain is a KMC 7G.

CRANKS {65 + shipping or 70 shipped CONUS}: Eastern 720's... BABIED! My first new part purchase ever.

SEAT/SEATPOST: Pay shipping and it's yours! Big tear in seat and post is steel.

PEDALS: Seriously? Your Wal-Mart sells them! lol.


Please, if you have ANY questions or want more pics/info, text me. My number is 910-273-6903

P.S. The money from this is going to a building new computer. I am still looking for a nice case. Something basic that looks like a Dell Optiplex or something (well vented mid tower ATX preferably). If you have suggestions, or would like to trade, let me know!

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

12/1/2013 7:09 AM

how much for them bars if u part-out?

|

12/1/2013 9:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/1/2013 9:26 AM

Probably $50

They were worth $100 before I started using them (stupid me). They are 29x9" GT handlebars from 85-89' I believe (from what I've been told and read online). The chrome is flaking off where the stem has pinched it. Nothing major, but not show quality anymore for a nice old school build.

|

12/1/2013 9:54 AM

what grips are they?

|

12/1/2013 10:17 AM

NBL. But they are definitely discolored. No longer white.

I'd ship them with the bars.

|

12/1/2013 3:20 PM

VinKreepo wrote:

Probably $50

They were worth $100 before I started using them (stupid me). They are 29x9" GT handlebars from 85-89' I believe (from what I've been told and read online). The chrome is flaking off where the stem has pinched it. Nothing major, but not show quality anymore for a nice old school build.

Those were the bars I had in one of my bike setups on here, haha. I snapped them.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update





Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/1/2013 5:18 PM

If you were to part out how much for the stem?

|

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

12/1/2013 6:32 PM

How much for the forks

|

Text Me For Faster Response (770)572-6425
Refs]: AllDayErrday.JakeSalbert.FunkyChicken.SuperstarDK.Genesis.ilovemybike22.blainep80.
Tommyboy.1of1547.oscar5788.Wade.Droogskull.TCbmx.Showtime402.nettyrspeghetti.theprophet.Kurtnut.
aw1234512.ScramHype.KnightLight.Tito24.Obiwanchromoly.Spikez5.BEASTASSDICK.Tjthemaxx.Areanfsl.
_brendan.Penman166.J.r Faw.SK1611.DontDELETEmePLEASEandTHANKyou.nshs2010.martinnn1004.
Warchol2.milou.Shutta.asilva23.a08.faiilz.HowlerFbm."FLORIDABMX"Dogbones.The Balt.Bdk1313.Jeez123.
Broughton.vin93.ticaleb.Hooligan703.dream.Element4all.skubasteve.Kymike.Andynahnah.Killawolf.Bmx-junkie.T-1 517.BmxKitten.Jaekass.Mario.villegas90++++++++++MANY MANY MORE

12/1/2013 8:19 PM

@snowy

Yeah lol... old racing bars. These bars are older than I am, and *I* snap sometimes lol


@Dragon

$25 shipped CONUS. It's a V1 with V2 internals. It's an original black that has faded to an olive green over time. I contacted Odyssey once thinking it was a limited run color, and they were like, "No haha. It's just an old black stem." Felt stupid.


@ecuadevil

Idk what R32's run for right now. I told a guy 50 + shipping... I don't think he liked that lol. Make an offer of what you think they are worth. I know you're on here more than most.

If I can sell $100 worth of parts here, I'll part it out even if the wheels don't sell first.


BTW EVERYONE: I do paypal and will pay the 3%.

|

12/1/2013 8:45 PM

VinKreepo wrote:

@snowy

Yeah lol... old racing bars. These bars are older than I am, and *I* snap sometimes lol


@Dragon

$25 shipped CONUS. It's a V1 with V2 internals. It's an original black that has faded to an olive green over time. I contacted Odyssey once thinking it was a limited run color, and they were like, "No haha. It's just an old black stem." Felt stupid.


@ecuadevil

Idk what R32's run for right now. I told a guy 50 + shipping... I don't think he liked that lol. Make an offer of what you think they are worth. I know you're on here more than most.

If I can sell $100 worth of parts here, I'll part it out even if the wheels don't sell first.


BTW EVERYONE: I do paypal and will pay the 3%.

Are they cut and text me for more info

|

Text Me For Faster Response (770)572-6425
Refs]: AllDayErrday.JakeSalbert.FunkyChicken.SuperstarDK.Genesis.ilovemybike22.blainep80.
Tommyboy.1of1547.oscar5788.Wade.Droogskull.TCbmx.Showtime402.nettyrspeghetti.theprophet.Kurtnut.
aw1234512.ScramHype.KnightLight.Tito24.Obiwanchromoly.Spikez5.BEASTASSDICK.Tjthemaxx.Areanfsl.
_brendan.Penman166.J.r Faw.SK1611.DontDELETEmePLEASEandTHANKyou.nshs2010.martinnn1004.
Warchol2.milou.Shutta.asilva23.a08.faiilz.HowlerFbm."FLORIDABMX"Dogbones.The Balt.Bdk1313.Jeez123.
Broughton.vin93.ticaleb.Hooligan703.dream.Element4all.skubasteve.Kymike.Andynahnah.Killawolf.Bmx-junkie.T-1 517.BmxKitten.Jaekass.Mario.villegas90++++++++++MANY MANY MORE

12/2/2013 10:50 AM

Pp money sent for odyssey r32 forks

|

Text Me For Faster Response (770)572-6425
Refs]: AllDayErrday.JakeSalbert.FunkyChicken.SuperstarDK.Genesis.ilovemybike22.blainep80.
Tommyboy.1of1547.oscar5788.Wade.Droogskull.TCbmx.Showtime402.nettyrspeghetti.theprophet.Kurtnut.
aw1234512.ScramHype.KnightLight.Tito24.Obiwanchromoly.Spikez5.BEASTASSDICK.Tjthemaxx.Areanfsl.
_brendan.Penman166.J.r Faw.SK1611.DontDELETEmePLEASEandTHANKyou.nshs2010.martinnn1004.
Warchol2.milou.Shutta.asilva23.a08.faiilz.HowlerFbm."FLORIDABMX"Dogbones.The Balt.Bdk1313.Jeez123.
Broughton.vin93.ticaleb.Hooligan703.dream.Element4all.skubasteve.Kymike.Andynahnah.Killawolf.Bmx-junkie.T-1 517.BmxKitten.Jaekass.Mario.villegas90++++++++++MANY MANY MORE

12/2/2013 4:45 PM

Wheel set is beautiful

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check


Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2


eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

12/2/2013 7:23 PM

price on wheels

|

12/2/2013 10:39 PM

@Brougton: Thanks! Gave it my best shot.

@jets9998: 250 + shipping (see above for details)

If you all need more pics then txt me!


Goodnight Vital

|

12/3/2013 11:17 AM

how much just for the hubs?

|

12/3/2013 10:54 PM

NOSGOD wrote:

how much just for the hubs?

I don't really want to split unless the rims get spoken for as well. If that happens, I'm looking at...

75 + shipping for the rims (25 less than what I paid for them plus the polishing materials)

175 + shipping for the hubs (25 less than what I paid for them)

25 + shipping for the spokes (10 less than what I paid for them)


But again, that is dependent on someone wanting the rims as well. Also, I think I mentioned earlier the rear hub is brand new (ridden once around my apt complex) and the front is used albeit in good condition.

|

12/3/2013 11:10 PM

20$ for the spokes

|

12/3/2013 11:16 PM

spoke size

|

12/4/2013 12:08 AM

jets9998 wrote:

spoke size

Crap. Good question. Um I *think* it's 186 front and 184 rear.

|

12/4/2013 7:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/6/2013 9:55 AM

NOSGOD wrote:

how much just for the hubs?

VinKreepo wrote:

I don't really want to split unless the rims get spoken for as well. If that happens, I'm looking at...

75 + shipping for the rims (25 less than what I paid for them plus the polishing materials)

175 + shipping for the hubs (25 less than what I paid for them)

25 + shipping for the spokes (10 less than what I paid for them)


But again, that is dependent on someone wanting the rims as well. Also, I think I mentioned earlier the rear hub is brand new (ridden once around my apt complex) and the front is used albeit in good condition.

how much for just the rear hub? I have one,but your gold looks a lot better then one i have.

|

12/4/2013 9:09 AM

20$ for the spokes and r the PEDALS dk

|

12/4/2013 7:32 PM

If both hubs and both rims are spoken for I will part the wheels, but not until then.

The rear hub would be 125 + shipping or 130 shipped CONUS... whichever is cheaper (I'm in 39540).

Cheapest I'll go on spokes is 25 shipped CONUS.

But again, I need these rims gone too guys. And rims sell better as a wheel than alone.

|

12/4/2013 7:37 PM

ok 25$ is good

|

12/5/2013 9:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/6/2013 9:37 AM

VinKreepo wrote:

If both hubs and both rims are spoken for I will part the wheels, but not until then.

The rear hub would be 125 + shipping or 130 shipped CONUS... whichever is cheaper (I'm in 39540).

Cheapest I'll go on spokes is 25 shipped CONUS.

But again, I need these rims gone too guys. And rims sell better as a wheel than alone.

Damn this u can buy new from ebay for $100,thats what i did from this person http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-SPORT-RATCHET-GOLD-9T-14MM-36H-CASSETTE-BMX-BICYCLE-REAR-HUB-/321186342104?pt=US_Hubs&hash=item4ac832a4d8

if u make this person of a $100 shipped for this hub,he will take it,thats what i paied for it

|

12/5/2013 9:33 AM

NOSGOD wrote:

Damn this u can buy new from ebay for $100,thats what i did from this person http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-SPORT-RATCHET-GOLD-9T-14MM-36H-CASSETTE-BMX-BICYCLE-REAR-HUB-/321186342104?pt=US_Hubs&hash=item4ac832a4d8

if u make this person of a $100 shipped for this hub,he will take it,thats what i paied for it

So what's the point in you posting this? He has already told you he doesn't want to part the wheels out. On top of that, you just. Said the color of his hub is better than yours. So you trying to lowball him by posting this is irrelevant.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

12/5/2013 11:05 AM

VinKreepo wrote:

If both hubs and both rims are spoken for I will part the wheels, but not until then.

The rear hub would be 125 + shipping or 130 shipped CONUS... whichever is cheaper (I'm in 39540).

Cheapest I'll go on spokes is 25 shipped CONUS.

But again, I need these rims gone too guys. And rims sell better as a wheel than alone.

NOSGOD wrote:

Damn this u can buy new from ebay for $100,thats what i did from this person http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-SPORT-RATCHET-GOLD-9T-14MM-36H-CASSETTE-BMX-BICYCLE-REAR-HUB-/321186342104?pt=US_Hubs&hash=item4ac832a4d8

if u make this person of a $100 shipped for this hub,he will take it,thats what i paied for it

Chuck8273 wrote:

So what's the point in you posting this? He has already told you he doesn't want to part the wheels out. On top of that, you just. Said the color of his hub is better than yours. So you trying to lowball him by posting this is irrelevant.

He is doing just that. He thinks he can bully someone to buy for less.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/5/2013 11:07 AM

Wait, your JOB doesn't allow you to have outside interests because of a stereotypical PERCEIVED IMAGE?

Are you working for the FBI or as a pro athlete?

Cause that seems like a load of BS on their part.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/5/2013 11:18 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Wait, your JOB doesn't allow you to have outside interests because of a stereotypical PERCEIVED IMAGE?

Are you working for the FBI or as a pro athlete?

Cause that seems like a load of BS on their part.

I was thinking the same thing, just didn't post. Most companies WANT physically active employees. I can see not wanting tattoos that can't be covered by clothing, or piercings, but not condoning a bike is silliness.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

12/5/2013 7:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/6/2013 3:08 PM

Air Force Officer


There are a lot of customs on the Officer side. For instance:

Mustaches on Enlisted are still considered professional/acceptable, but unless its November (No Shave November), it is *highly suggested* (you better do it) that you be clean shaven as an Officer

Enlisted are encouraged to wear there ribbons on their blues. Officers are not anymore. This is because an Enlisted who has experience -- and therefore more ribbons -- than someone who is fresh out of college will look ... well... more experienced and authoritative (yeah... logic).

An Officer career IS OVER no questions asked for getting a DUI. Also, an LOR (Letter of Reprimand) is guaranteed tokeep you from getting Major (where you should promote to in 8-10 years). An Enlisted member *may* recover from those depending on what he did to receive them.

etc. etc. etc.


So as an O, it's just best I don't continue riding a BMX bike. Why? Perception.

My father and step-mom are Chief Master Sergeants (top in the AF) with my father reited having spent 30 years in. They even suggested I ride a bike to work but get a new one and sell the BMX. They said, "It just doesn't look good for a new Lt when your Commander sees you riding a BMX to work or around town."

Imagine the look of a Colonel or General seeing a young Lt (a rank they once held) riding around town on a BMX. Pissed doesn't even begin to describe how they would feel. I have been yelled at for having a piece of lint on my shirt or having a 5 o'clock shadow. If I look unprofessional for one second, they will let into me. Did you know people get removed from the AF Academy and ROTC for having pictures of them drinking and partying it up on Facebook? I can get discharged for becoming good friends with an Enlisted member because others might think I play favorites.

Perception is key. BMX is awesome and I will always love it. But at the end of the day, I have to look professional ON AND OFF base in front of those above and below me. I see my commander and his wife off base a lot. I see my instructors, supervisors, and especially those under me A LOT.

Heck, we get told by our mentors we play are too much ping pong ON OUR BREAKS on the table the COMMANDER provided! Why? Because we host conferences for 1-3 star Generals all the time, and they don't like us playing ping pong on our breaks, when we could be studying (they don't have any idea we stay 13 hours a day). People make assumptions and judgments without always knowing the whole story. Those judgments can ruin how they perceive you and ultimately affect your career.

You have no idea how crazy it gets trying to cover your rear.

|

12/5/2013 7:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/6/2013 2:51 PM

VinKreepo wrote:

If both hubs and both rims are spoken for I will part the wheels, but not until then.

The rear hub would be 125 + shipping or 130 shipped CONUS... whichever is cheaper (I'm in 39540).

Cheapest I'll go on spokes is 25 shipped CONUS.

But again, I need these rims gone too guys. And rims sell better as a wheel than alone.

NOSGOD wrote:

Damn this u can buy new from ebay for $100,thats what i did from this person http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-SPORT-RATCHET-GOLD-9T-14MM-36H-CASSETTE-BMX-BICYCLE-REAR-HUB-/321186342104?pt=US_Hubs&hash=item4ac832a4d8

if u make this person of a $100 shipped for this hub,he will take it,thats what i paied for it

Deleted.

Tired of arguing pointless issues over the internet.

|