Leaving BMX : ( -- MUST GO!

Related:
Create New Tag

12/6/2013 9:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2013 9:34 AM

VinKreepo wrote:

If both hubs and both rims are spoken for I will part the wheels, but not until then.

The rear hub would be 125 + shipping or 130 shipped CONUS... whichever is cheaper (I'm in 39540).

Cheapest I'll go on spokes is 25 shipped CONUS.

But again, I need these rims gone too guys. And rims sell better as a wheel than alone.

NOSGOD wrote:

Damn this u can buy new from ebay for $100,thats what i did from this person http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-SPORT-RATCHET-GOLD-9T-14MM-36H-CASSETTE-BMX-BICYCLE-REAR-HUB-/321186342104?pt=US_Hubs&hash=item4ac832a4d8

if u make this person of a $100 shipped for this hub,he will take it,thats what i paied for it

Chuck8273 wrote:

So what's the point in you posting this? He has already told you he doesn't want to part the wheels out. On top of that, you just. Said the color of his hub is better than yours. So you trying to lowball him by posting this is irrelevant.

not trying to lowball any one here ASShole,I just posted what a brand new fucking hub cost, is only $100!!!!.so FUCK OFF!
Photo

|

12/6/2013 9:49 AM

VinKreepo wrote:

Air Force Officer

There are a lot of customs on the Officer side. For instance:

Mustaches on Enlisted are still considered professional/acceptable, but unless its November (No Shave November), it is *highly suggested* (you better do it) that you be clean shaven as an Officer

Enlisted are encouraged to wear there ribbons on their blues. Officers are not anymore. This is because an Enlisted who has experience -- and therefore more ribbons -- than someone who is fresh out of college will look ... well... more experienced and authoritative (yeah... logic).

An Officer career IS OVER no questions asked for getting a DUI. Also, an LOR (Letter of Reprimand) is guaranteed tokeep you from getting Major (where you should promote to in 8-10 years). An Enlisted member *may* recover from those depending on what he did to receive them.

etc. etc. etc.

So as an O, it's just best I don't continue riding a BMX bike. Why? Perception.

My father and step-mom are Chief Master Sergeants (top in the AF) with my father reited having spent 30 years in. They even suggested I ride a bike to work but get a new one and sell the BMX. They said, "It just doesn't look good for a new Lt when your Commander sees you riding a BMX to work or around town."

Imagine the look of a Colonel or General seeing a young Lt (a rank they once held) riding around town on a BMX. Pissed doesn't even begin to describe how they would feel. I have been yelled at for having a piece of lint on my shirt or having a 5 o'clock shadow. If I look unprofessional for one second, they will let into me. Did you know people get removed from the AF Academy and ROTC for having pictures of them drinking and partying it up on Facebook? I can get discharged for becoming good friends with an Enlisted member because others might think I play favorites.

Perception is key. BMX is awesome and I will always love it. But at the end of the day, I have to look professional ON AND OFF base in front of those above and below me. I see my commander and his wife off base a lot. I see my instructors, supervisors, and especially those under me A LOT.

Heck, we get told by our mentors we play are too much ping pong ON OUR BREAKS on the table the COMMANDER provided! Why? Because we host conferences for 1-3 star Generals all the time, and they don't like us playing ping pong on our breaks, when we could be studying (they don't have any idea we stay 13 hours a day). People make assumptions and judgments without always knowing the whole story. Those judgments can ruin how they perceive you and ultimately affect your career.

You have no idea how crazy it gets trying to cover your rear.

ride your fucking bike,u paid for and if its something u like to do,tell ever one to Fuck off! Thats i what do and that Y I ride for myself! Also have a shop and team comming soon too!silly

|

12/6/2013 9:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2013 9:36 AM

VinKreepo wrote:

If both hubs and both rims are spoken for I will part the wheels, but not until then.

The rear hub would be 125 + shipping or 130 shipped CONUS... whichever is cheaper (I'm in 39540).

But again, I need these rims gone too guys. And rims sell better as a wheel than alone.

NOSGOD wrote:

Damn this u can buy new from ebay for $100,thats what i did from this person http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-SPORT-RATCHET-GOLD-9T-14MM-36H-CASSETTE-BMX-BICYCLE-REAR-HUB-/321186342104?pt=US_Hubs&hash=item4ac832a4d8

if u make this person of a $100 shipped for this hub,he will take it,thats what i paied for it

VinKreepo wrote:

Deleted.

Tired of arguing pointless issues over the internet.

U said that your wheels on ebay? whats the item #?? right you don't have anything listed,are so are you legit or not? http://www.ebay.com/usr/vinkreepo & also got that link i posted to that other guy on ebay.shoot him a $100 shipped offer on the hub & YES he will take it! Thats how U get New hub for $100,So Now U can go Fuck yourself and rest of you asshole on here,Fuck U!!
Photo

|

12/6/2013 10:01 AM

NOSGOD wrote:

not trying to lowball any one here ASShole,I just posted what a brand new fucking hub cost, is only $100!!!!.so FUCK OFF!
Photo

I think you already spent a lot on gold bars and forks and stuff.. You my as well buy it really.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

12/6/2013 3:05 PM

@NOSGOD

And dude, I would LOVE to have a shop. Riding a BMX would totally help your image as a bike shop owner, BUT I'm not. You think you would appeal to BMXer's by wearing a formal suit around your shop? No. You'd look like a car salesman decided to work at a bike shop. Image and perception.

I have to go around everyday knowing people are watching me for ONE little mistake. One guy took his seat belt off the other day to get his ID card while going on base. He was completely stopped when he unclicked and received a ticket from the gate guard.

It's stringent. But very much worth it. Having an opportunity to make a career out of a job that will pay for school, give you free life insurance, crazy good benefits for your entire family, and a guaranteed paycheck even when the government shuts down just because you are in harms way is enough to make me decide to give up BMX. For me, my family's well being will always come before my wants. If I have to give up a lifestyle to pursue a glorified position in a very PUBLIC career... I will.

|

12/6/2013 4:26 PM

You don't have any parks? There is nothing wrong with an officer riding in a park. Just don't act like some punk kid..

|

Over 500+ transactions on eBay at 100%. - jddewitt
Refs: nshs2010, handlebar-to-face, HardBMX_Tim

12/6/2013 5:41 PM

VinKreepo wrote:

@NOSGOD

And dude, I would LOVE to have a shop. Riding a BMX would totally help your image as a bike shop owner, BUT I'm not. You think you would appeal to BMXer's by wearing a formal suit around your shop? No. You'd look like a car salesman decided to work at a bike shop. Image and perception.

I have to go around everyday knowing people are watching me for ONE little mistake. One guy took his seat belt off the other day to get his ID card while going on base. He was completely stopped when he unclicked and received a ticket from the gate guard.

It's stringent. But very much worth it. Having an opportunity to make a career out of a job that will pay for school, give you free life insurance, crazy good benefits for your entire family, and a guaranteed paycheck even when the government shuts down just because you are in harms way is enough to make me decide to give up BMX. For me, my family's well being will always come before my wants. If I have to give up a lifestyle to pursue a glorified position in a very PUBLIC career... I will.

your taking that shit WAAAAY to far. I work on a military / fbi base, I have the same fringe benefits and have many background checks, badges, etc

Stop trying to make people think your something your NOT.

|

12/6/2013 6:28 PM

NOSGOD wrote:

Photo

Oh, well at least you made it clear that you're an Internet tough guy. I know how to type curse words too, but there's no point in lowering myself to your "I like to lowball kids" level. I'm sure your mom doesn't like you typing those words, and would probably wash your mouth out with soap if you said them.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

12/6/2013 6:37 PM

skubasteve wrote:

your taking that shit WAAAAY to far. I work on a military / fbi base, I have the same fringe benefits and have many background checks, badges, etc

Stop trying to make people think your something your NOT.

And to add to what Skubasteve said, what they tell you going in and going through OCS is different than what reality is like once you're on the other side. They make things sound way more strict than what they really are.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

12/8/2013 9:46 AM

VinKreepo wrote:

NOSGOD wrote:

bump for new hub u can buy all day long from this ebayer for only $100 shipped floks! "There is NO need to over $pay$ for used hub!" The Fuck what U paid for it,its what U can buy it now for,witch is still cheaper your asking price for used one. I hate seeing people get ripped off on used parts on here! Here's the peron i got my New Rear Hub from for onlt $100 shipped!! Just this person price of $119 is still cheaper than any BMX Mail order out there folks!

Photo

|

12/8/2013 11:57 AM

VinKreepo wrote:

NOSGOD wrote:

NOSGOD wrote:

bump for new hub u can buy all day long from this ebayer for only $100 shipped floks! "There is NO need to over $pay$ for used hub!" The Fuck what U paid for it,its what U can buy it now for,witch is still cheaper your asking price for used one. I hate seeing people get ripped off on used parts on here! Here's the peron i got my New Rear Hub from for onlt $100 shipped!! Just this person price of $119 is still cheaper than any BMX Mail order out there folks!

Photo

are you trying or doesn't just come natural to you to be a BIG douche? It's his parts he can sell them for how ever much he wants to. Do you contact every seller on Ebay to let them know that theres a lower priced item on there? Calm down and but the fuck out of people for sale threads.

|

12/8/2013 12:35 PM

VinKreepo wrote:

NOSGOD wrote:

NOSGOD wrote:

Photo

if u ashole like over $paying$ for used parts,then go ahead buy them,I just posted a Fact on here on were to get Brand new stuff cheaper,so all of you dicks on here can Fuck off!! This is my lst post on this topic!! I was only trying to let other peeps know were to buy goods a much lower cost,thats all,so FUCK U!!
Photo

|

12/8/2013 1:16 PM

NOSGOD: Sell me ur hub cuz i want a allgold byke for xtra $wag
Vin" Nah i want to sell the wheels alltogether
NOSGOD: Fuk u asshole i can buy dis hub for cheaper anywayz fuk u cunt i will have more $wag than u cuz i dont over $pay$ even tho i spent $100 on barz just cuz they wer gold 4 xtra $wag and now i want 2 ruin ur thread cuz u didnt do wut i wnted faggit

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/8/2013 2:28 PM

Well, you need to remove my name from your sig. I will never vouch for you, have never done business with you, and acting like I have is quite the douchbag move. If i have to, I will, but then you won't be able to get into your account any longer.

|

12/8/2013 7:54 PM

ugot2dewitt wrote:

You don't have any parks? There is nothing wrong with an officer riding in a park. Just don't act like some punk kid..

Skateboard only...

@skubasteve

Dude, I ain't trying to be something I'm not. I just don't like looking like all of the lieutenants out there who (a) don't care (b) think enlisted should do all the work or (c) don't care.

@Chuck8273 yes I understand it's less strict. I'm not saying there are rules against BMX riding. But when you have E-4 and E-5's as well as E-8's and E-9's telling you it's time to move on... it's time to move on.

Call it what you want. They don't understand/f*** them/etc. but the fact of the matter is that the vast majority treats BMX/extreme sports like tattoos... something rebels do. I know it isn't true, but they don't.

Riding a BMX bike on base as a 2d Lt is like bringing a B.C. Rich Warlock to church for worship songs. Gets the job done, but sends some people the wrong message. When those people are your boss or subordinates... not good.

Keep in mind the people who said trade the BMX for an MTB are in the "real AF" and have been for 2, 5, 21, 22, 24, and 30 years respectively. We aren't talking about the guys in my training.

@NOSGOD

Let it go dude. Let it go.

|