Looking for Mongoose L100 Brake Lever in Black

Related:
Create New Tag

6/8/2020 7:44 AM

I am trying to get another brake lever for my L100. I contacted Mongoose through their email, phone support is not active now due to Covid, but they don't seem to be very responsive it's been weeks since I got a reply that they would get back to me. I put in a second request, but nothing on that one either.

Anyway, does anyone have a lever they'd be willing to let go of cheap? I don't really want mismatched levers and I'd rather not buy a new pair unless I have to.

The one I am looking for is what came on the green L100. It's black with a hinged clamp. At this point I don't really care if it's left or right. I figure I'll just flip it over if needed.

TIA

|

6/8/2020 8:47 AM

Buy a shadow,Eclat, or fly and forget that mongoose junk. Your welcome.

|

6/8/2020 9:00 AM

I'm happy with the current lever. No reason to spend more than I need to.

If I had to guess I would bet this lever is made in the same factory as some of the brand name ones. It's not the ultra cheap kind that comes on their lower end bikes. It's pretty solid with very little slop in the hinge.

|

6/9/2020 3:16 AM

KevoW wrote:

I'm happy with the current lever. No reason to spend more than I need to.

If I had to guess I would bet this lever is made in the same factory as some of the brand name ones. It's not the ultra cheap kind that comes on their lower end bikes. It's pretty solid with very little slop in the hinge.

Not even close. Remember its design over material. Shadows are 19.95 Odysseys are 17.95 Flys are 49.99 and are cnc machined. Eclat are 26 and come with a full rebuild kit.

|

6/10/2020 9:37 AM

Yeah get an Odyssey Monolever. Best brake lever I’d ever used. Way better than whatever came stock on an L100

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

6/10/2020 11:46 AM

If there is a mod around, feel free to delete this thread.

|