Never installed La Guardia FS plus rant about Thunderbolts.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/10/2017 9:35 AM

Bought an Ofyssey La Guardia Sprocket and was informed by the sales clerk it was designed to fit the Odyssey Thunderbolts. I even measured it on a caliper and it was 15/16 but still it doesn't go on. So, I'm selling it here 50$shipped, still in the bag. I paid 56.99 for it brand new and it's never even got installed. All that to say, Thunderbolts are good cranks but come with a multitude of special conditions that make them a real pain to own. One of the main problems bein the limitations of sprockets that can go with them.
Very shortly I will also be posting my Thunderbolts up for sale. They're only about 6mos old still have the box, warranty card, receipt and all extra hardware thT came with them. No damage (I don't crank arm) other than a few scratches on the paint. $100shipped. fuck Odyssey. They're just like Iphones... not better than everyone else (actually lacking in many cases) but super exclusive and douchey about their products which again, are just the same quality as every other premium brand. Oh and did I mention they have more limitations than other brands of comparable price and quality? Fuck these cranks.

|

1/10/2017 6:39 PM

Sounds like you either A. Don't know how to install a sprocket or B. Received a defective set of cranks. It happens with every company's parts. Small things do go unnoticed sometimes. Calm your tits and talk to their warranty dept. about solving the problem.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/10/2017 7:17 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Sounds like you either A. Don't know how to install a sprocket or B. Received a defective set of cranks. It happens with every ...more

Imma vote against that one cuz I installed the Madera Sprocket ive been riding and a Sunday one no probelmo so clearly the problem was not with my installation or the cranks because both sprockets fit flush the other time. I mean, maybe it's me but I really think it's the sprocket. Actually, I looked all over the web and can't find a specific description on the La Guardia's actual bore. It only says it has 22 and 19mm adapters so I assumed it'd be 24 or 15/16. Would you or anyone else actually know if it's supposed to fit? I really just don't wanna deal with it which is why i want to get rid of them cuz it's frustrating and inconvenient dealing with this kind of stuff.

|

1/10/2017 7:21 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Sounds like you either A. Don't know how to install a sprocket or B. Received a defective set of cranks. It happens with every ...more

Sean_Goff wrote:

Imma vote against that one cuz I installed the Madera Sprocket ive been riding and a Sunday one no probelmo so clearly the ...more

It is 15/16", and unless it is defective, will fit. It might be a tight fit since its a new sprocket, or there might be a flaw in the bore that keeps it from fitting. Try lightly tapping it on with a hammer, or lightly sanding the inside of the center bore.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx