Old BMX Head looking for 24

Related:
Create New Tag

8/3/2020 12:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2020 12:03 PM

Looking to get back into riding again with my 12 year old son. I picked up an 24" s&m frame for a little more room for me to get around.

I am looking for a 24" double wall wheel set (14mm Rear axle, Front 3/8th or 14mm), 24" Forks, and a 180 or 185mm crank set and pedals. If you have something in your basement gathering dusk please let me know I am having a very hard time locating parts due to the pandemic. I can pay pal you immediately or meet locally to the state college/harrisburg, PA area within reason. Anything that you can offer would be very very helpful to get me and my son riding some BMX!
Thanks,
Danimal Ramer
Mifflinburg, PA

Photo

|

8/3/2020 8:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2020 8:06 PM

danimalramer wrote:

Looking to get back into riding again with my 12 year old son. I picked up an 24" s&m frame for a little more room for me to get around.

I am looking for a 24" double wall wheel set (14mm Rear axle, Front 3/8th or 14mm), 24" Forks, and a 180 or 185mm crank set and pedals. If you have something in your basement gathering dusk please let me know I am having a very hard time locating parts due to the pandemic. I can pay pal you immediately or meet locally to the state college/harrisburg, PA area within reason. Anything that you can offer would be very very helpful to get me and my son riding some BMX!
Thanks,
Danimal Ramer
Mifflinburg, PA

Photo

Welcome to the club...A few online dealers had FIT or Revenge 24" wheel sets available. Yet when i called them to double check availability, both told me they where out of stock. Isn't weird that a single 24" cassette RW is easier to locate than 24" FW?
Unless I'm able to find/purchase a used one. Our best bet might be to just have the wheel built. You'll still end up paying more for the front than the rear (found multiple dealers with the 24" Stolen Rampage Cassette RW for under $100). Which that alone seems wrong. But might be your best choice.
Anyways...is it necessary for the cranks to be 185mm? Or is that just a personal choice?

Good Luck!

|

8/4/2020 7:04 AM

danimalramer wrote:

Thanks,
Danimal Ramer
Mifflinburg, PA

Photo

FrmDaLeftCoast wrote:

Welcome to the club...A few online dealers had FIT or Revenge 24" wheel sets available. Yet when i called them to double check availability, both told me they where out of stock. Isn't weird that a single 24" cassette RW is easier to locate than 24" FW?
Unless I'm able to find/purchase a used one. Our best bet might be to just have the wheel built. You'll still end up paying more for the front than the rear (found multiple dealers with the 24" Stolen Rampage Cassette RW for under $100). Which that alone seems wrong. But might be your best choice.
Anyways...is it necessary for the cranks to be 185mm? Or is that just a personal choice?

Good Luck!

I am 6ft so I need something a little bigger i could go as small as 177.5mm and as big as 185mm i am just trying to find something that works.

|