TEME Industries Matt black frame UK

Related:
Create New Tag

3/31/2018 4:53 AM

Selling a new Teme Industries 20.5 frame

20.5" Top Tube
13.3" Rear end (slammed)
75 Degree Head Tube
71 Degree Seat Tube
Removable Brake Mounts and Gyro Tabs (included)
Integrated chain tensioners (included)
8.75" stand over
11.5" Bottom Bracket Height
5.3lbs

It’s matt black and all chromoly

Make me a offer

|

10/21/2019 7:07 PM

philbaines wrote:

Selling a new Teme Industries 20.5 frame

20.5" Top Tube
13.3" Rear end (slammed)
75 Degree Head Tube
71 Degree Seat Tube
Removable Brake Mounts and Gyro Tabs (included)
Integrated chain tensioners (included)
8.75" stand over
11.5" Bottom Bracket Height
5.3lbs

It’s matt black and all chromoly

Make me a offer

Condition?

|

3/9/2020 6:46 PM

philbaines wrote:

Selling a new Teme Industries 20.5 frame

20.5" Top Tube
13.3" Rear end (slammed)
75 Degree Head Tube
71 Degree Seat Tube
Removable Brake Mounts and Gyro Tabs (included)
Integrated chain tensioners (included)
8.75" stand over
11.5" Bottom Bracket Height
5.3lbs

It’s matt black and all chromoly

Make me a offer

If you don't mind, what was your honest opinion on the frame and its build quality?

|

3/9/2020 7:03 PM

philbaines wrote:

Selling a new Teme Industries 20.5 frame

20.5" Top Tube
13.3" Rear end (slammed)
75 Degree Head Tube
71 Degree Seat Tube
Removable Brake Mounts and Gyro Tabs (included)
Integrated chain tensioners (included)
8.75" stand over
11.5" Bottom Bracket Height
5.3lbs

It’s matt black and all chromoly

Make me a offer

RonniMontana wrote:

If you don't mind, what was your honest opinion on the frame and its build quality?

This post is almost 2 years old. You, likely, will not receive a reply

|

3/9/2020 7:06 PM

philbaines wrote:

Selling a new Teme Industries 20.5 frame

20.5" Top Tube
13.3" Rear end (slammed)
75 Degree Head Tube
71 Degree Seat Tube
Removable Brake Mounts and Gyro Tabs (included)
Integrated chain tensioners (included)
8.75" stand over
11.5" Bottom Bracket Height
5.3lbs

It’s matt black and all chromoly

Make me a offer

RonniMontana wrote:

If you don't mind, what was your honest opinion on the frame and its build quality?

Mishinn_Control wrote:

This post is almost 2 years old. You, likely, will not receive a reply

You sure 😂 the frame was holding up great for a while then it cracked at the seattube and i welded it multiple times kept cracking around the weld do not recommend

|

3/9/2020 7:16 PM

I appreciate the feedback! I'm looking for something with this kind of geometry. The price was attractive, but I had concerns of the build quality. Definitely not gonna get one now that you shared your experience with me. Thank you again from stopping me from buying a pos frame!

|

3/9/2020 7:19 PM

RonniMontana wrote:

I appreciate the feedback! I'm looking for something with this kind of geometry. The price was attractive, but I had concerns of the build quality. Definitely not gonna get one now that you shared your experience with me. Thank you again from stopping me from buying a pos frame!

Anytime man! I recommend a frame with a heavier price tag it would be super nice to save the money but in reality a frame that is 350 and lasts 5 years is a way better deal than a frame that lasts less than a year and is around the 150 range i now ride a ult 2short and is way better geometry and just feels way sturider and dont have to constantly look and worry about new cracks

|

3/9/2020 7:27 PM

I was considering a cult shorty, because I ride brakes, I just don't want a headtube steeper than 75, and I like a slightly longer chainstay. I have a fiend frame that is almost 10 years old, but I gave it to a friend of mine, and I don't want to take it back from him. I've been experimenting with geo; I bought 2 brand new S&M frames, and I'm not really feeling either of them. Obviously, I paid a lot for those, so I'm looking for something a little better price, but still good quality. Right now, Source Bmx has the Subrosa MR1 discounted at $263 for the 20.5", and that's what I'm thinking of getting next.

|

3/9/2020 7:30 PM

RonniMontana wrote:

I was considering a cult shorty, because I ride brakes, I just don't want a headtube steeper than 75, and I like a slightly longer chainstay. I have a fiend frame that is almost 10 years old, but I gave it to a friend of mine, and I don't want to take it back from him. I've been experimenting with geo; I bought 2 brand new S&M frames, and I'm not really feeling either of them. Obviously, I paid a lot for those, so I'm looking for something a little better price, but still good quality. Right now, Source Bmx has the Subrosa MR1 discounted at $263 for the 20.5", and that's what I'm thinking of getting next.

Subrosa mr1 is perfect geometry for a street/ park rider it feels so good and i realllly wanted one before i got this cult and im also regretting the brakeless since im wanting back brakes

|

3/9/2020 7:34 PM

I greatly appreciate the feedback homie! I think I'm gonna get the MR1 really soon, like next few days. I got the S&M ATF in a true 20" right now, and I just don't think I like the feel of the higher BB. I just hope I can sell off these frames and get like half my money back.

|

3/9/2020 7:37 PM

RonniMontana wrote:

I greatly appreciate the feedback homie! I think I'm gonna get the MR1 really soon, like next few days. I got the S&M ATF in a true 20" right now, and I just don't think I like the feel of the higher BB. I just hope I can sell off these frames and get like half my money back.

Hell yeah man my homie snapped his sandm and decided his favorite rider was matt ray and he liked the geo so he went over and got the subross mr1 and it was a super solid frame keep me posted man tell.me how you like it

|

3/9/2020 7:42 PM

Damn! I thought S&M had a lifetime warranty on all frames? If so, he should be able to get another frame at no cost as long as he registered the purchase with them. Source is also offering 10% off sales items, so for $237 plus tax I might just get it tonight. I'll def let you know what I think if I get this frame. Just really regretting sending like $800 on the Dagger and ATF combined.

|

3/9/2020 7:45 PM

RonniMontana wrote:

Damn! I thought S&M had a lifetime warranty on all frames? If so, he should be able to get another frame at no cost as long as he registered the purchase with them. Source is also offering 10% off sales items, so for $237 plus tax I might just get it tonight. I'll def let you know what I think if I get this frame. Just really regretting sending like $800 on the Dagger and ATF combined.

Haha yeah hes been riding it for 13 years or so so he just decided he didnt want to ride an s&m anymore and he didnt have the purchase info aince he bought it at a bike shop very long ago haha

|

3/9/2020 7:55 PM

Oh damn never mind, he got his money's worth then! I really wish the MR1 had gyro tab holes. I already talked to one of my local shops, and they don't offer that service. There is another shop, I just don't really trust him as much.

|

3/9/2020 7:57 PM

RonniMontana wrote:

Oh damn never mind, he got his money's worth then! I really wish the MR1 had gyro tab holes. I already talked to one of my local shops, and they don't offer that service. There is another shop, I just don't really trust him as much.

It does! My buddies has gyro holes for tabs i remember because he has odyssey r25s ans his bike is all black and i could see the red of the logo popping out thru the holes

|

3/9/2020 8:04 PM

It does! My buddies has gyro holes for tabs i remember because he has odyssey r25s ans his bike is all black and i could see the red of the logo popping out thru the holes

|

3/9/2020 8:06 PM

Holy shit you're right! In their specs it was listed as "N/A," but you can see it in the pic. You've been helpful; I really appreciate it. I just can't believe I'm really about to buy another frame already.

|

3/9/2020 8:08 PM

RonniMontana wrote:

Holy shit you're right! In their specs it was listed as "N/A," but you can see it in the pic. You've been helpful; I really appreciate it. I just can't believe I'm really about to buy another frame already.

Haha sell them s&ms for a slightly lowered price even tho new and youll get that money back

|

3/9/2020 8:14 PM

Hell yeah that's the plan. I just don't expect to sell them quickly. The Dagger is a 19.0" toptube, so probably gonna have to sell to a flatland rider. And the ATF being a true 20.0", might be hard to sell since it seems like no one rides anything under 20.5" anymore. And I haven't sold anything on Ebay yet, so I only had reviews as a buyer. But I'm def gonna try. I also have a really nice 18" bike I wanna sell.

|

3/9/2020 8:25 PM

RonniMontana wrote:

Hell yeah that's the plan. I just don't expect to sell them quickly. The Dagger is a 19.0" toptube, so probably gonna have to sell to a flatland rider. And the ATF being a true 20.0", might be hard to sell since it seems like no one rides anything under 20.5" anymore. And I haven't sold anything on Ebay yet, so I only had reviews as a buyer. But I'm def gonna try. I also have a really nice 18" bike I wanna sell.

Why so small may i ask? And can you check my bike check i just posted of my 2018 2short Thanks!

|

3/9/2020 8:41 PM

So I rode a 20.5" for a really long time, like 5+ years. I loved it, but it always felt a bit bigger than I needed. Then I didn't really ride for a few years, and I decided to get back into riding last year. So then when I got back on my 20.5", it felt really big and hard to hop, so I thought I'd try something smaller and more responsive. I got the Dagger first. I really didn't hate the toptube, but I really hated the 7.25" standover. I tried it for a few months, then just got the ATF like a month ago. The toptube again doesn't feel that bad, but I don't think I really like the feel of the higher BB. When I first got on it, it felt like I was going to go over the bars if I tried to hit anything. I got bigger bars on the way (8.5") compared to the 7.9" I was riding that day, so that may help.

So I got my old frame/bike back right now, because the friend I gave it to is out of of town, so I told him I'd do a maintenance check.

My friend is 6'1" or 6'2" and is perfectly comfortable on a 20.5", so I figured a true 20" would be just fine for my 5'4"/5'5" self, but maybe a 20.5" would be better. I also rode my other friend's old kink, which I'm almost positive is a true 20", and didn't experience that problem. But I know that frame also had a lower BB.

I was actually just looking at your bike. I looks really nice! What's your thoughts on the LHD?

|

3/9/2020 8:47 PM

RonniMontana wrote:

So I rode a 20.5" for a really long time, like 5+ years. I loved it, but it always felt a bit bigger than I needed. Then I didn't really ride for a few years, and I decided to get back into riding last year. So then when I got back on my 20.5", it felt really big and hard to hop, so I thought I'd try something smaller and more responsive. I got the Dagger first. I really didn't hate the toptube, but I really hated the 7.25" standover. I tried it for a few months, then just got the ATF like a month ago. The toptube again doesn't feel that bad, but I don't think I really like the feel of the higher BB. When I first got on it, it felt like I was going to go over the bars if I tried to hit anything. I got bigger bars on the way (8.5") compared to the 7.9" I was riding that day, so that may help.

So I got my old frame/bike back right now, because the friend I gave it to is out of of town, so I told him I'd do a maintenance check.

My friend is 6'1" or 6'2" and is perfectly comfortable on a 20.5", so I figured a true 20" would be just fine for my 5'4"/5'5" self, but maybe a 20.5" would be better. I also rode my other friend's old kink, which I'm almost positive is a true 20", and didn't experience that problem. But I know that frame also had a lower BB.

I was actually just looking at your bike. I looks really nice! What's your thoughts on the LHD?

I actually am 5'5 and i ride a 20.75 with a 12.5 rear end i love left hand drive couldnt go back to right again i never hit my sprocket on grinds unless i do opposite grinds which i do often but i used to break chains like crazy until i popped on my saltplus orion and my gsport uniguard all good now my bike is a tank but if your having issues with bb maybe try getting a shorter rear end believe me it makes a MASSIVE difference super responsive makes spins super easy and barspins super easy as well although i dont know of any frames that short with gyro tabs and stuff but 13 is very close which i believe the matt ray frame is i also am going back to freecoaster once my new cult one comes in smile

|

3/9/2020 9:11 PM

I tried a shorter chainstay with the Dagger. I tried it at 13", which felt too twitchy to me, and I tried 13.25" and 13.5" which both felt alright to me. (It can be set anywhere between 12.8" and 13.6" on that frame) I completely agree that chainstay length makes a huge difference in the feel of a bike, and how it rides.

I really can't do shit on a bike, but I've been doing hella research, so I know quite a bit about geo now.

So a higher BB raises your center of gravity, and lowers your relative handlebar height, which put my weight further over the front wheel, despite having a longer toptube. So that's why I felt like I was going to go over the bars.

A lower BB will make the bike more stable, vs a higher BB will make the bike more responsive.

So basically I want a lower BB so the bike will be more stable, and my center of gravity will be lower.

I still a beginner, so I'm trying to learn manuals, and get my hops back to what they used to be (which still was never that high.)

I can't grind yet either, but I'd like to practice soon. Just got the Odyssey Thunderbolts RHD in 165mm. Ran 170mm for the longest time. Back wheel is new too. I wasn't sure how LHD was going to feel being a right-foot forward rider, but I'm definitely regretting not going LHD. So maybe that's something I'll change in the future. But I do have the Odyssey La Guardia (Guard Sprocket).

Speaking of which, any chance you know if the MR1 fits a 28T?

|

3/12/2020 9:26 AM

RonniMontana wrote:

I tried a shorter chainstay with the Dagger. I tried it at 13", which felt too twitchy to me, and I tried 13.25" and 13.5" which both felt alright to me. (It can be set anywhere between 12.8" and 13.6" on that frame) I completely agree that chainstay length makes a huge difference in the feel of a bike, and how it rides.

I really can't do shit on a bike, but I've been doing hella research, so I know quite a bit about geo now.

So a higher BB raises your center of gravity, and lowers your relative handlebar height, which put my weight further over the front wheel, despite having a longer toptube. So that's why I felt like I was going to go over the bars.

A lower BB will make the bike more stable, vs a higher BB will make the bike more responsive.

So basically I want a lower BB so the bike will be more stable, and my center of gravity will be lower.

I still a beginner, so I'm trying to learn manuals, and get my hops back to what they used to be (which still was never that high.)

I can't grind yet either, but I'd like to practice soon. Just got the Odyssey Thunderbolts RHD in 165mm. Ran 170mm for the longest time. Back wheel is new too. I wasn't sure how LHD was going to feel being a right-foot forward rider, but I'm definitely regretting not going LHD. So maybe that's something I'll change in the future. But I do have the Odyssey La Guardia (Guard Sprocket).

Speaking of which, any chance you know if the MR1 fits a 28T?

Sorry for late reply my buddy rides 30t on it so it fits 28 with ease im actually rff so right foot forward so i grind right side def better with lhd you slide faster and nothing catches

|

3/13/2020 12:52 AM

RonniMontana wrote:

I tried a shorter chainstay with the Dagger. I tried it at 13", which felt too twitchy to me, and I tried 13.25" and 13.5" which both felt alright to me. (It can be set anywhere between 12.8" and 13.6" on that frame) I completely agree that chainstay length makes a huge difference in the feel of a bike, and how it rides.

I really can't do shit on a bike, but I've been doing hella research, so I know quite a bit about geo now.

So a higher BB raises your center of gravity, and lowers your relative handlebar height, which put my weight further over the front wheel, despite having a longer toptube. So that's why I felt like I was going to go over the bars.

A lower BB will make the bike more stable, vs a higher BB will make the bike more responsive.

So basically I want a lower BB so the bike will be more stable, and my center of gravity will be lower.

I still a beginner, so I'm trying to learn manuals, and get my hops back to what they used to be (which still was never that high.)

I can't grind yet either, but I'd like to practice soon. Just got the Odyssey Thunderbolts RHD in 165mm. Ran 170mm for the longest time. Back wheel is new too. I wasn't sure how LHD was going to feel being a right-foot forward rider, but I'm definitely regretting not going LHD. So maybe that's something I'll change in the future. But I do have the Odyssey La Guardia (Guard Sprocket).

Speaking of which, any chance you know if the MR1 fits a 28T?

Trenton_Lippoldt wrote:

Sorry for late reply my buddy rides 30t on it so it fits 28 with ease im actually rff so right foot forward so i grind right side def better with lhd you slide faster and nothing catches

I appreciate the feedback homie. Looking at some other options too. Like the BSD sureshot. 20.7", 74.75", 13.4-13.9", 11.5", 9". The 2019 models are pretty cheap rn.

Just so many options it's tough to choose. Want a bigger, more stable frame, but also don't wanna over do it.

|