WTB: Animal Bob Bars

Related:
Create New Tag

7/21/2018 4:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2018 4:06 AM

Anyone got a set they want to sell?

Must be willing to ship to UK.

|

7/21/2018 7:20 PM

if you dont care about the brand, theres a company called the make which makes bob bars and theyre onsale for $34

same exact specs as bob bars http://www.themakecrew.com/product/crew-bar

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

7/21/2018 7:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2018 7:35 PM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

if you dont care about the brand, theres a company called the make which makes bob bars and theyre onsale for $34

same exact specs as bob bars http://www.themakecrew.com/product/crew-bar

Those are sick as fuck dude! I'd get those if I wasn't so damn tall lol

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/22/2018 12:29 AM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

if you dont care about the brand, theres a company called the make which makes bob bars and theyre onsale for $34

same exact specs as bob bars http://www.themakecrew.com/product/crew-bar

Thanks Ronnie, I had spotted those and tried to order them but they want $50 to ship them to the UK and then I could get hit with customs charges. Could end up paying over $100 for them.

I’d rather give someone that money for a pair of original Bobs.

It’s a total steal if you’re in the USA though!!

|

7/22/2018 2:08 PM

If you want a taller version, GT OG Bars. Problem is I don't anyone in the UK with them. On Source I saw the Cult Cuatro and that's the closest thing as far as specs. United Supreme Bars have the look but the specs are off by 1. And you'll need to cut the 3 to get the width.

|

7/22/2018 2:34 PM

WiteMic wrote:

If you want a taller version, GT OG Bars. Problem is I don't anyone in the UK with them. On Source I saw the Cult Cuatro and that's the closest thing as far as specs. United Supreme Bars have the look but the specs are off by 1. And you'll need to cut the 3 to get the width.

I actually had a set of the United bars but they are even wider than advertised and there’s no room to cut down. Sold them straight away.

I’ve been running Animal Big 4’s for a while but always been a fan of smaller/narrower bars (grew up riding 6”- 8” tall).

Custom Riders distribute and sell The Make Crew bars here in the UK but they are £75.
I dropped them an email earlier with a link to The Make’s website to see if they can do any sort of deal. No harm asking the question.

|

7/22/2018 2:43 PM

WiteMic wrote:

If you want a taller version, GT OG Bars. Problem is I don't anyone in the UK with them. On Source I saw the Cult Cuatro and that's the closest thing as far as specs. United Supreme Bars have the look but the specs are off by 1. And you'll need to cut the 3 to get the width.

throwyourbike wrote:

I actually had a set of the United bars but they are even wider than advertised and there’s no room to cut down. Sold them straight away.

I’ve been running Animal Big 4’s for a while but always been a fan of smaller/narrower bars (grew up riding 6”- 8” tall).

Custom Riders distribute and sell The Make Crew bars here in the UK but they are £75.
I dropped them an email earlier with a link to The Make’s website to see if they can do any sort of deal. No harm asking the question.

True. Just giving some options. I can't ride anything smaller than 8.5 anymore. Old people shit.

|

7/23/2018 6:26 AM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

if you dont care about the brand, theres a company called the make which makes bob bars and theyre onsale for $34

same exact specs as bob bars http://www.themakecrew.com/product/crew-bar

throwyourbike wrote:

Thanks Ronnie, I had spotted those and tried to order them but they want $50 to ship them to the UK and then I could get hit with customs charges. Could end up paying over $100 for them.

I’d rather give someone that money for a pair of original Bobs.

It’s a total steal if you’re in the USA though!!

Strange, last I checked, The Make was a UK company that stopped distributing to the U.S. years ago. At least that's what they told me when I hit them up looking for replacement stickers for my Niki Croft frame.

Seems odd that they would move things over to the U.S., or maybe I got lied to way back when, idunno

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


7/23/2018 9:14 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Strange, last I checked, The Make was a UK company that stopped distributing to the U.S. years ago. At least that's what they told me when I hit them up looking for replacement stickers for my Niki Croft frame.

Seems odd that they would move things over to the U.S., or maybe I got lied to way back when, idunno

I think the brand was born in the UK. I remember speaking to Orlando in 2010 at a trade show and was under the impression he was the owner? I could be wrong about that though.

Who knows what went down since then.

I understand they are closing their warehouse in North America, hence the blowout prices.

|

7/23/2018 4:39 PM

The Make stem was the worst BMX part I've ever ridden . I wouldn't buy anything else by them

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/30/2018 7:45 PM

i have a pair of white ones im willing to sell hit me up at my e mail aaron.m.diver@gmail.com

|