WTB Hollow/drilled 990 mounts + gyro tabs

Related:
Create New Tag

5/20/2014 6:37 PM

Had this up last year, never found a set. Still trying to lighten the rear of my bike,so I want to swap my solid mounts for drilled ones. Its a Stolen sinner, the studs are 10mm,one piece top to bottom (with a 6mm screw to hold the arm on)

Does anyone have any mounts that they KNOW are they 10mm size I need? I dont know bikes use this size but my frames from 2012. Bought titanium mounts and they were 8mm, only TI mounts that fit are v brake post..

Also need a single removable gyro style cable mount will buy the pair. Must be threaded for barrel adjuster!

So I also have 6mm and 8mm style TI 990 mounts to put up that the jerk on ebay sold me

|

In midschool bike rides you.

5/21/2014 10:53 AM

You might drop 1/4 of an ounce by using different mounts dude.. it wouldnt even be a noticeable amount. You may aswell drill your own mounts if youre really that worried about it. If you want to ditch some weight, try a folding tire or butted spokes. Just trying to help, I think youre wasting your time with this.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/21/2014 3:30 PM

Its actually around 2 oz. Solid steel is heavy. Trying to avoid using race parts, thats the whole point; run the beefy parts i want and save weight by addressing bulky hardware. Every ounce I take off the back,my 360s are a little more level,so nut here, bolt there, its adding up and helping me ride better..Starting to feel more like a bike than a rickshaw

Its not a big deal but i know theres piles of these studs laying in toolboxes across the globe.

|

In midschool bike rides you.

5/21/2014 4:13 PM

DrewH85 wrote:

Its actually around 2 oz. Solid steel is heavy. Trying to avoid using race parts, thats the whole point; run the beefy parts i ...more

Like I said, youd probably be better off just drilling and/or cutting your current ones.

Another idea would be to invest in a weight set.

Or add 2oz to the front end of your bike to "level it out."

But on a serious note, lighter tires and wheel parts. I highly doubt 2oz will be noticeable whatsoever on the frame, BUT 2oz of rotational weight could make the difference. Rotational weight (wheels/tires) is what makes the biggest difference weight-wise. I just ditched around 21oz of rotational weight through rims and tires and it feels similar to if I would have dropped 5lbs elsewhere. Not all light parts have to be "race parts." A good amount of companies such as Odyssey and Fit offer Kevlar bead versions of their tires for just a little more $$, this is the easiest and most effective way to ditch rotational weight. I just grabbed a set of Fit FAF-Ks off Danscomp for $30 a piece, theyre the exact same as a Fit FAF (best tire ever made imo) but have Kevlar instead of wire (even more durable + lighter). This makes them roughly 7oz less than a normal FAF. Many companies offer lighter rims that are just as strong, if not stronger than others. I just grabbed some Alienation Runaway Stay Strongs off Danscomp on sale for $45. They are only 15oz BUT they are cross-lace and made from 6069-T6 (30% stronger than 6061), therefore even though they are lighter than most, they are also stronger than most. Gsport Birdcages are another light weight but incredibly strong option aswell. If you only grind one side, you can run butted spokes on your non grind side to ditch unnecessary weight, but keep straight gauges on your grind side to avoid broken spokes where theyre likely to break. If you dont grind at all you can run butted all around and ditch a good amount of weight but still have equally strong wheels.

I think that ounce here and there is all in your head. Ditch some rotational weight if you really feel as if weight is a problem for you, it WILL make a HUGE difference, aswell as give you the opportunity to upgrade parts and have a stronger bike.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx