DELETE

Related:
Create New Tag

1/25/2015 6:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2015 9:53 PM

I am looking to trade my high metallic steel fly tierra 21.66" (rides like 21") frame for a different frame. i bought this frame brand spanking new in 08', rode it for the summer, and it has hung in my garage until this winter when i had it sand blasted and painted by my buddy who has a paint booth. i am looking to trade for another 21"+ frame, nothing stock please! I am 6' 3" and feel like a fucking clown on anything smaller than a 21" lol. i might consider selling it for the right offer, but i dont have a price in mind. i would just like to get enough to pick up another frame. the paint only has a few small scuffs on the underside of the left chain stay and assembly marks from the rear wheel. aside from that, it is mint. these are the only pictures i currently have of it, but i will post more when its not -14* outside. these pictures do not do justice of my buddys work. the clear coat has been wet sanded, clay bared, and 3 step buffed with 2 coats of colonite sealer wax. you would never know that the frame did not come from the factory this color.

I would also like to trade my limited ano red odyssey hazards for a pair of either chrome hazards, Chrome kink atlas rims, chrome gsport ribcages, or a pair of fly rims though i would want a matching pair of fly rear rims, no fronts. i may consider others, so dont be shy! if youre looking to buy outright, i would be willing to sell the complete wheels, the front has a vandero 2 hub in immaculate condition, and the rear is a 9t rhd mission hub i believe. i just picked it up from a buddy tonight since my madera shattered on me and still have yet to ride it. buyer pays shipping. im not out to scam anyone, so please do me the same courtesy! thanks guys.

Photo

Photo

Photo

**please note i will not separate the rims, and i will not separate the hubs from the rims until the rims have been sold**

|

1/25/2015 6:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2015 6:23 PM

**Please note, Pussy is not included!** but the rear hub guard is!

|

1/25/2015 6:22 PM

i will include the pair of kink pegs to anyone who buys the wheel set outright.

|

1/25/2015 8:41 PM

why do you say that it rides like a 21"?

|

-- doing business like its a business since 1985 --

"*a08 is awesome" -Penman166

T34416L3 TW1N5 - Terrible Twins (Twin Terrible One Barcodes) Brakes/Brakeless T1

a08's Ohio Standard - STOLEN - REWARD IF FOUND

WTB: Chrome GSport Birdcage Rims
WTB: S&M Pitchfork, 26mm
WTB: BSD Revolution Hub, RHD

1/25/2015 9:41 PM

my mistake; it is a 21.6"!! but because of the seat tube and bottom bracket position. the tierra is a serious trails and street frame designed for faster spins and tweaking tricks. i find it incredibly easy to do spins. super clicked turn downs and ridiculously dipped 3's came naturally only days after switching from a 21" kink freebird! also with the wicked short rear end, holding super low manuals is soo easy, and makes it way easier to get more pop to either go over obstacles or throw a bar out.

|

1/25/2015 9:43 PM

give me a sec, ill try and find the specs for ya.

|

1/25/2015 9:48 PM

lmao i googled "fly tierra specs" and this was the first thing to come up. someone did a review just a couple months after owning the frame and said this! and i quote

"first thing anyone notices about riding this frame is how much easier it spin than a more regular frame, and even though my model almost has a top tube of 22in, it does not fell like a long bike at all. the chainstays are nice and short, at just 13.25in, they make manuals really easy and in my opinion they are probably the shortest you can make chainstays without making abike to twitchy, they also help with making it a really responsive ride.so together, the short chainstays and its ability to spin make it a very responsive ride, without making it too twitchy and uncontrolable. in terms of strength, my bike has been sensational. all the welds are good quality and the internal gusseting make the frame look really clean without sacraficing any strength."

*this was posted by -Pendy on bmx-forum.com

BB Type: Spanish
BB Height: 11.75"
Chainstay: 13.25"
Headtube Angle: 75°
Seattube Angle: 71°
Seatpost Size: 25.4mm
Seattube Height: 185mm (7.3")
Dropout Size: 14mm
Weight: 4 lbs 10 oz

|

1/25/2015 11:02 PM

hmm man im contemplating this. i want to build a street/flat hybrid. i was looking for 20.5ish frames with really short rear ends. what kind of price are you looking at if you were to sell?

|

T34416L3 TW1N5 - Terrible Twins (Twin Terrible One Barcodes) Brakes/Brakeless T1

1/25/2015 11:03 PM

i even have those same strands (i think - mine are V2s)

|

1/25/2015 11:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2015 11:29 PM

dude, i love the strands! mine are the V.1's, but still as solid as the day i got them; like 8 years ago lmao. as far as a price goes, im not looking to make a dollar off the frame, i would just like to try another. i hardly ever treat myself to anything new as far as my bike goes. every dollar i get goes in to the drift car. as long as i get enough to buy another used frame i dont really care. i havent really seen any on here that have caught my eye. do you have a 21+ frame youre interested in trading?

|

1/25/2015 11:45 PM

the strands were color matched to the frame and painted at the same time to ensure a perfect match. the only flaw with them is that because of the thickness of the paint and the high metallic density, my buddys sprayer jammed about halfway through painting the forks. when that happened he had to disassemble the whole gun and clean it out, and in that time the base coat had already began to dry. he did a really nice job blending it, but being as nit-pickey as i am as an automotive detailer, you can kind of tell that that its been blended. mind you, this is not noticeable from 6" away, you have to actually have the forks in your hands, and examine them to notice. if youre interested in the color match, i would be willing to trade straight up weather yours are V.1's or not. having the frame and forks prepped and painted cost far too much for me to ever want to do it again, and i despise spray painting bike parts. either way is cool with me, just putting it out there. as soon as we get some clear sky here in N.Y. ill get some pics in natural light and point out the minor scuff on the underside of the left chainstay and the scuff on the bottom bracket from a crank arm grind. these are very minor flaws, but i am very nit-pickey and prefer to be 100% upfront about every little detail. if you want, pm me an offer. if i like it ill respond accordingly.. if i dont, ill ignore it and act like i never got your message lol

|

1/25/2015 11:52 PM

all i have is a custom standard 250L but its really personal so i wouldn't want to let it go. i ride flat 70% of the time and its just too long (21.25) I'm just looking to buy something to replace it as my daily. my strands are chrome v2's with mounts and i want them to go on the hybrid.. ill take a look around and pm you an offer.. it would be for the frame only though. im tossing around a lot of ideas but i need to decide soon before my semester gets really involved and i can't sit in class and shop bmx parts the whole time.

|

1/26/2015 12:09 AM

yeah man, i hear ya! well, when youre ready, shoot me an offer and we'll go from there. and like i said, im not looking to profit what so ever, i would just like enough to buy another used frame to try out.

|

1/26/2015 9:50 PM

well I've done a bit more research, I'm convinced that getting a tierra would be a good idea. but i need a shorter one, the fact that they add that extra room is a huge selling point for the type of riding i want to do, i would need like a 20.1", so it would feel like a 20.5.. thanks anyway though.

|

1/27/2015 7:27 AM

not a problem man. enjoy it, i promise you will. ive never rode a better frame. wish i never got rid of my lary bird edition freebird. that thing was freek'n baller! if anyone has one, ill buy it no questions asked!

|

1/27/2015 8:56 PM

to the mother fuck!ng top. make an offer on the wheels, with or without tires/pegs. looking to sell everything but the bars, stem, and sprocket. unless i have posted **SOLD**, it is still available! taking reasonable offers including trades. I LIKE SHINY THINGS! also looking for a matte black fly rear rim or any of the other rims listed above.

|