Want Font rim red

Related:
Create New Tag

11/24/2013 5:28 PM

This may be a long shot but what I am really looking for is a front black rim with red spokes. All red might work too.. I guess worse case I could always try and paint it. I have a chrome Odyssey Hazard front that I may be down to trade.. Not looking to paint mine cause the chrome. Prefer at least a double wall.. 14mm a bonus

|

Over 500+ transactions on eBay at 100%. - jddewitt
Refs: nshs2010, handlebar-to-face, HardBMX_Tim

11/24/2013 7:36 PM

Hey m8, this is just an idea.
Duplicolor has a line of spray paint called "metalcast" which comes in red. Its made to be put directly onto chrome stuff and gives it an anodized look when done (its translucent paint).
I just painted some bars with it and it turned out really good. If youre careful and take the time and do it right, you could get away with saying you have a hard-ano red hazard.
stuffs really cheap too. $8.50 a can, and it doesn't need primer or clearcoat. Oreilly autoparts and autozones stock them. Just clean the chrome really well and spray light coats on it every 20-30mins and make sure to keep a steady streem and distance the spray equally throughout each coat.
hope this helps a bit. smile
it

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/24/2013 8:33 PM

I may have to try that.. the main thing I want red is the spokes.. don't really know anything about lacing a wheel.. I may have to just go all red

|

11/24/2013 8:39 PM

ugot2dewitt wrote:

I may have to try that.. the main thing I want red is the spokes.. don't really know anything about lacing a wheel.. I may have to just go all red

Stainless steel spokes (36x - $10) + Red Metalcast
But dont paint your whole wheel without unlacing it. It will look trashy. If you want, I could lace your wheel for you if no one in your area can lace. Youll just have to pay me $10 for the lacing and pay all the shipping. Ill do $20 to paint it and relace it.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

11/24/2013 8:45 PM

Its a 48 spoke. Yeah I may do that unless I can find something else.

|

11/24/2013 8:49 PM

ugot2dewitt wrote:

Its a 48 spoke. Yeah I may do that unless I can find something else.

Ive never laced a 48h before. . If you want me to try it I will lol

|