WeThePeople Volta Custom

Related:
Create New Tag

5/4/2013 1:22 PM

Hi, i have for sale my custom WeThePeople Volta. Lovingly used and maintained in my possession since new. It has been ridden well so has the odd scratch and common riding marks on it however is mechanically sound. I recently had a new rear rim added to it and professionally built by Pijin BMX. Both wheels run true, brakes only have a couple sessions use and plenty of grip left on the pedals. The only things I can pick at with the bike is there is a rip on the right rear side of the seat caused by trying to catch tailwhips! It has the ‘worn’ look to it which I liked but a new seat pivotal seat is only £15 if it’s not for you. The brake leaver has some wear to the top of the clamp from a couple of bails on trails but does not affect operation, just looks a bit tatty. Also the stem has come scratching around the top cap as the forks I used to run had a top nut rather than cap so the spanner scratched it. On the bottom side of the downtube there is a slight dent about the size of half a 5p piece, it’s so small it’s hard to photo but I’ve taken the best one I can! The setup is as follows:

Frame: WeThePeople Volta 2010 (with bottom bracket) £170
Headset Wethepeople pro Sealed Integrated £25
Forks: TotalBMX Guy Fawks £120
Cranks: Premium 1948 £110
Pedals: Premium slim plastic £28
Bars: Eclat ashley 9.5" rise £45
Stem: Xposure Clutch £20
Front wheel: Salt Pro hub in anodised blue, Skylark rim £70. Rebuilt by Pijin 6 months ago with high quality spokes
Rear wheel: Odyssey V3 hub with Odyssey Hazzard Lite Rim 9t driver £180 with recent rebuilt by Pijin with high quality spokes and only about 45 minutes riding on it since
Seat: TotalBMX BlackJack £28
Seatpost: Generic pivotal £12
Tyres: Primo V-Monster all round £30 pair
Sprocket: Salt Pro 2013 25t £15
Brakes lever: Odyssey M2 medium lever £22
Gyro: primo gyro £15,
Cables: Odyssey M2 upper and lower cables £17
Brake: Dia Compe Hombre U-Brake £22
Grips and Bar ends: Mutiny Team Flanged black £6.50

That’s £932.50 worth of parts! The prices given are the prices I’ve paid or if I can’t find the receipt the best price I can find online from mainstream sellers. The bike will come with a few spares I’ve collated over the years that could be of use to you. The main ones I can find at the moment are:

Spare plastic pedal shells (clear)
Spare ringworm tire
Handful of spare rear spokes and nipples
Spare front rim, slightly buckled but serviceable

Genuine reason for sale, recently put myself in hospital from a simple fall but with bad consequences and put me out of work for a couple of months. I’ve decided to give up riding as I like my job!
Looking for £500 ovno and collected from Southampton. I may be able to send via courier however would like to avoid. This would also be at the cost of the buyer.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

5/5/2013 8:52 PM

That stock front hub was the best front hub I've ever ridden. It had threaded bearing hardware so you could tighten it as much as you wanted and it wouldn't slow down at all. I found the guy who bought it from me and I'm trying to trade it back.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

5/5/2013 9:00 PM

how much for the sticker on the headtube?

|

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm

5/5/2013 10:40 PM

dream wrote:

how much for the sticker on the headtube?

That's the OG sticker that came on the frame of that complete.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

5/6/2013 2:53 AM

Sorry dude, it's a sticker, can't really sell them!

And isnowyazn, it is such a sweet riding wheel, never had a problem with it and with the skylark rim it's a killer combo!

|

5/8/2013 12:07 PM

Bump

|

5/13/2013 10:37 AM

Bump

|

3/10/2014 1:06 PM

Price drop to 390! Somebody must want this. Such a sweet riding bike!

|