17 different brands. Some pics before it gets dirty.

Related:
Create New Tag

2/18/2017 10:12 PM

Have only finished this in the last month or so. Its designed to be a good mix of strength and weight. Probably a way better bike than I need at my skill level. It's mostly intended for trails, but in reality it gets more use just screwing around at the local BMX track doing jumps.

Took me about 18 months to upgrade a lot of the old parts. The frame is powder coated in a colour called golden yellow. I took it to the cheapest powdercoater in town. They did an okay job but I don't think they prepared the surface underneath very well because there are a few little bubbles here and there. I suppose you get what you pay for.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Frame Sunday 3rd Wave (21")

Forks BSD Acid Fxxk

Handlebars Mutiny Comb Bars (9.2")
Grips Fit Justin Inman (Flanged)
Stem Primo Aneyerlator V2 Front Load
Headset Snafu Fontanel
Headset Spacer KCNC Hollow (8mm)

Front Hub Profile Mini Hub
Front Rim Primo VS 7005 Series
Front Spokes BSD Butted
Front Tyre Eclat Control (2.3")

Rear Hub Cult Match RHD
Rear Rim Primo VS 7005 Series
Rear Spokes Odyssey
Rear Tyre Eclat Control (2.1")
Rear Axle Nuts Animal Capped Nuts (14mm)

Cranks Eclat Aeon V2 (Same as Spire) (175mm)
Pedals Animal Hamilton PC
Sprocket Mutiny Ethereal 28 Tooth
Bottom Bracket Total Team Mid (22mm)
Chain KMC K710 Kool Chain
Seat Fiend Garrett Reynolds Signature (Fat)
Seatpost S&M Long Johnson (Pivotal)
Seatpost Clamp Sunday Slim Seat Clamp
Brake Odyssey Evo II
Brake Lever Odyssey Monolever (Medium)(Right)
Brake Cable Snafu Astroglide
Brake Pads Kool Stop BMX Pads

|

2/19/2017 12:57 AM

Hey nice bike, very clean so far. Like the color you chose for the frame. I have a question about brake pads.

I also have Evo 2 brakes on my bike. Even have a pair of Kool Stop BMX brake pads, that I used for a while. They were very loud though, so I replaced them. I had mine facing the other direction than you. Think one of us had them installed wrong. I am trying to figure out who got it right, or if it even matters which way they face..

Is your brake setup loud as hell like mine were. I also have chrome wheels.

|

2/19/2017 8:51 AM

elytron wrote:

Hey nice bike, very clean so far. Like the color you chose for the frame. I have a question about brake pads.

I also have Evo ...more

Nope, OP has them on wrong... I think. I have those exact same pads, and on them has a little "R" for "rotation" with an arrow pointing in the direction the tire would rotate when riding forward. Photo

Sorry to thread jack, but I just had to post a response.

But otherwise that is a very solid build! The whole thing looks sick... I'm really jealous.

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

2/19/2017 12:10 PM

This is sick

|

2/19/2017 11:10 PM

@elytron & DanTheBikerMan: Yes, I believe you are both correct. Mine must be on backwards. I had some trouble following the installation instructions because they expect you to have them mounted on the chainstay. It gets confusing when you are doing everything upside down. They did make a squeal noise, so it will be interesting to see if spinning them around makes them quieter. Even backwards though I found braking performance to be pretty decent (compared to the brakes my mongoose in the 90's had anyway). Just don't let them get wet.

@Super-Pawl: Funny you say that. Yesterday there was a group of teenagers out the front of McDonalds. One of them yelled out "your bikes s---". I didn't hear clearly, and thought he said your bikes shit! I was like what? Then he said more clearly "Your bikes sick. But you need to lower the seat". I might actually drop it slightly, but not much. I like pedaling while sitting down sometimes.

I'll probably get new pedals soon. Red or black?

|

2/19/2017 11:22 PM

Looks like a modern version of a s&m Holmes from the mid 90's with those colours! Which is a good thing btw

|

2/19/2017 11:22 PM

Maybe a red seat and black pedals... but if you were to get just red pedals it'd look good.

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

2/20/2017 4:57 AM

Nice whip man. Liking the stand out colours!

|

An Indian on a small bike

2/21/2017 6:50 AM

Very simple and clean. I love it!

|

Ride Until The Day I Die

2/22/2017 8:06 PM

Macdonalds

|