Absolutely GORGEOUS hand sanded and polished Aluminum frame custom build

Related:
Create New Tag

1/2/2017 12:40 AM

I got back into BMX cause I'm tired of tickets and donating vehicles to the city until I get my license back. Had a beast of a dinosaur, AKA ShitTank, of a garbage Mongoose. So a good friend of mine gave me an old frame he used to ride but it was 6 different colors and peeling stickers and disgusting but the welds and the fact it was lighter (frame) than my old Powerlite back in the day had me interested. Prepping to repaint I used some freakishly awesome gel paint stripper I was using at work and it worked so good one coat took it down to bare metal. Clean welds and all. Starting to look at it better then it was in damn good raw shape. Sooooooo I looked into polishing it. Pain in the ass and days n days later, still not done. Those pictures will come. But I have gotten so many compliments from it along with the inevitable "What is it?". Which I have no idea. I have looked and looked. Thought maybe a PK Ripper but the headtube welds are connected to each other and all Ripper headtube welds I saw were a singular weld from top of toptube to bottom of downtube. Plus the gusset is fully welded instead of the break in the welding in the middle I saw on the Rippers. Maybe a Redline Proline MX-20??? I just can't find it for 100%. I am right now taking it apart to get back to the polishing now I am a bit more skilled at it after deconstructing, grinding, sanding, and polishing my newest upgrade, the rims. That was fun!!! If anyone can take a look and see if you could at least point me in the right direction that would be friggin killer! Shit, even the left direction would work. I can go around the block if needed. Thank you all. If ya like it at all I can post pics when I get done done with it and rebuild it. Sorry I didn't clean it at least first but this has been bugging me for 6 months now. Also, the rear dropouts are not original. My buddy reeled em out for 14mm axel and did it like shit so I cleaned them up a bit and took a little bit off the top, not much so it is 'basically' almost like it should look but not quite. Working a parts list too but these are not the finished parts as of yet. Should be by tomorrow though! Thank you again. Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|