Amity Cam Hardy Build.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/3/2013 6:50 AM

So, bike's just undergone some new paint and fancied sharing.

Frame; Amity Cam Hardy 20.8
Forks; WeThePeople Helium 35

Bars; Amity Cam Hardy
Stem; Xposure Clutch Topload
Headset; Alone
Grips; Blank Arrow
Bar Ends; Odyssey Par Ends

Cranks; Odyssey Twombolt
Pedals; Odyssey Twisted
Sprocket; WeThePeople Supreme 25t
BB; Alone Spanish
Chain; KMC Z510 w/ Shadow Halflink

Seat; Salt Plus Slim
Seat Post; MacNeil Nub

Front Hub; Odyssey Vandero 1
Hubguard; Cult Match
Spokes; Halo
Rim; Alienation Skylark
Pegs; Salt Cold Forged
Tyre; Eclat Control 2.3

Rear Hub; Primo Remix
Hubguard; Cult Match
Spokes; Halo
Rim; Alienation Skylark
Peg; Salt Cold Forged
Tyre; Eclat Control 2.3

Mods; Drilled rims, 25mm BB bearing with a 22mm shim, metal pins in pedals, filed my hubshell to fit the hubguard.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

5/3/2013 6:55 AM

this is bad ass dude

|

5/3/2013 6:57 AM

Bike looks good, but drilled skylarks?? why didnt you buy deviants? thats just crazy and not safe.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

5/3/2013 6:57 AM

justin vogelsberger wrote:

this is bad ass dude

Thanks man!smile

|

5/3/2013 6:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/3/2013 7:00 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Bike looks good, but drilled skylarks?? why didnt you buy deviants? thats just crazy and not safe.

I've had my Skylarks for over a year and wanted to change them up. Skylarks are wider than Deviants and cheaper I believe. Not safe? Think about trials bike rims.

EDIT; Just looked it up, the Skylark is a stronger version of the Deviant.

|

5/3/2013 7:06 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

alexxrogers wrote:

I've had my Skylarks for over a year and wanted to change them up. Skylarks are wider than Deviants and cheaper I believe. Not ...more

Yes skylarks are the stronger then deviants, but by drilling holes in them you are messing the integrity of the structure. If alienation thought itd be a good idea to put holes in their rims they would have already done it. its your bike feel free to do what you want to it, just dont complain about that rim when you destroy them. You have weakened an already weak rim.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

5/3/2013 7:08 AM

This is fucking AWESOME!

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/3/2013 7:10 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

alexxrogers wrote:

I've had my Skylarks for over a year and wanted to change them up. Skylarks are wider than Deviants and cheaper I believe. Not ...more

Brokenbmx wrote:

Yes skylarks are the stronger then deviants, but by drilling holes in them you are messing the integrity of the structure. If ...more

At least it''s not a total hack job. It looks like it was actually done decently. But yeah, Should've went with birdcages if you wanted something light.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/3/2013 7:10 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Yes skylarks are the stronger then deviants, but by drilling holes in them you are messing the integrity of the structure. If ...more

All the strength of a rim is in the sidewall and the join, both haven't been drilled.
Like I said, think about trials bike rims. Single walled and drilled a lot more than my Skylarks, they go through a lot more pressure than these do. At least in my experience of riding both rims.

They've been drilled for a fair few months now and haven't shown any signs of weakening, stress or breaking. If they break, they break. Nothing wrong with trying new things!smile

|

5/3/2013 7:21 AM

Interesting build. It looks great but i couldnt trust a skylark without holes! It looks like a park bike so im sure you're ALOT smoother rider than me!

|

5/3/2013 7:24 AM

Topsey wrote:

Interesting build. It looks great but i couldnt trust a skylark without holes! It looks like a park bike so im sure you're ...more

i think this bike looks street af

|

5/3/2013 7:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/3/2013 7:25 AM

Topsey wrote:

Interesting build. It looks great but i couldnt trust a skylark without holes! It looks like a park bike so im sure you're ...more

Thanks! I did the front first to see how it would hold up, after a month or 2 of riding my hardest it was completely fine so decided to make them match.
I ride the local skatepark a lot, but ours is one of those streety plaza things so I'm more edged towards street riding than anything. Don't get on with quarters at all.

|

5/3/2013 7:25 AM

Topsey wrote:

justin vogelsberger wrote:

i think this bike looks street af

Thats what i'm saying, aha. Where the fuck is the park in this?...

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/3/2013 7:30 AM

Sorry i must explain i am older than most of you guys. Street to me is. Small 4 piece bars (Scerbos) Short front load stem (Unless its an Animal OG Topload) Big fat seat, lots of seat post, 4 pegs, Beefy rims & hubs (Usually G-Sports for OG Streetness) Narrow tyres. Im kinda stuck in the early 2000's lol Oh yeah & Tennis ball in the front wheel (Which im bringing back on the new bike lol)

|

5/3/2013 7:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/3/2013 7:32 AM

Topsey wrote:

Sorry i must explain i am older than most of you guys. Street to me is. Small 4 piece bars (Scerbos) Short front load stem ...more

Hey wasn't their some interesting theory about having loads of tennis balls in your spokes to help keep them tensioned or something? I think I read it on here actually.

|

5/3/2013 7:32 AM

Topsey wrote:

Sorry i must explain i am older than most of you guys. Street to me is. Small 4 piece bars (Scerbos) Short front load stem ...more

aye everytime i find a tennis ball i put it in my spokess aha

|

5/3/2013 7:39 AM

When my friends were doing it i was told that having them in your front wheel changed the rotational weight of the front wheel helping you dip 3s & air ramps better lol. I have heard the tensioning spokes deal too. I have no idea what it was all about but its cool & makes me all "Badass OG Street" lol. I like you're bike & i didnt mean to offend anyone when i said it wasnt street lol. Leave me alone im old tongue

|

5/3/2013 7:42 AM

That sounds more likely is there ever was/is a performance change!
Thanks and no offense taken, at least not on my part.smile

|

5/3/2013 7:51 AM

Nah, I don't care either, aha. Not sure why someone would. Its just stereotypes, aha.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844