Are You All Ready?! Wethepeople Utopia IS BUILT!! - Updated Pics 19/1/14

Related:
Create New Tag

12/12/2013 6:56 AM

As I said in My last Bike Check I was kinda holding out for the Eclat Wheelset, But the guys at We Make Things said that is a little whiles off yet & They'd like me to have it built before then! I can see their point haha! I have some plans for a more "Artsy" Bike Check, mind you that being said My Conservatory has seen many Bike Check Photos lol.. To the Parts List!

Frame:
Wethepeople Utopia 19.5" with The BEST Removable Mounts I've Seen!

Front End:
Wethepeople Utopia 3/8ths Brakeless Minimal Offset Fork
FSA Impact Pro Integrated Headset Bearing with a Zodiac Eng Custom 15mm Chamfered Dust Cap (Eclat Duel SOON!)
A LOT of Carbon Fiber Spacers - Steerer Tube WILL Be Cut When I Have The Eclat Headset!
Eclat Boxer 48mm Front Load Stem
Wethepeople Utopia 8.4" Handle Bars (The Are Listed As 8.5" But Mine Have 8.4" Stamped On Them?!)

Grips & Bar Ends:
ODI Lock Jaw Grip Locks Pair
Odyssey Cufflink Flangeless Grips - Will Be Replaced with Eclat Zaps
ODI Lock Jaw Grip Locks Pair
Odyssey Par Ends Pair - Grip Locks & Par Ends Will Be Replaced with Wethepeople Drops Bar End Caps!

Seating:
Eclat OZ Thick Synthetic Leather Pivotal Seat
Eclat Torch Long 230mm Pivotal Post

Drive Train:
Odyssey Bluebird Chain - Will Be Replaced with an Eclat Stroke Half Link Chain
BSD Super Light 23t Sprocket - Will Be Replaced with a Tree Light 22t (HOPEFULLY 22mm Spline Drive) Sprocket
RNC Ti Light Flat Cranks - Will Be Replaced with Eclat Maverick 170mm Cranks
F*CK Knows What 22mm Mid Bottom Bracket - Will Be Replaced with an Eclat CNC 22mm Mid Bottom Bracket
Odyssey Twisted P.C Pedals - Will Be Replaced 1st with Eclat Plazas THEN The New Eclat Bearingless P.C Pedals

Front Wheel:
Eclat ESC 2.10" Tyre
Super Light Inner Tube
Odyssey Rim Strip
G-Sport Birdcage 36h Rim
Profile Elite 36h 3/8ths Front Hub
Odyssey HGS Butted Spokes x 36
Blue6 Titanium 3/8ths x 16TPI Hex Head Bolt x 2
Quest BMX MetaGuruStix 3/8ths 6061 T-6 Alloy Peg Pair
(I'll Post The Planned Replacement In A Sec!)

Rear Wheel:
Eclat ESC 2.10" Tyre
Super Light Inner Tube
Odyssey Rim Strip
G-Sport Birdcage 36h Rim
EZRA Convertible 36h 9t RHD 14mm Male Freecoaster Hub
Odyssey HGS Butted Spokes x 36
Quest BMX MetaGuruStix 14mm (Custom) 6061 T-6 Alloy Peg Pair
(Replacement Will Be Posted In A Sec! After The Photos!!)

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

So Obviously the "Plan" for this Build was the all out Eclat Build & it will get there eventually! Just not as fast as I'd hoped sad So It would be quite the Injustice NOT to run what I had on the Utopia Parts! So It's built! I will be riding it ASAP! See what I think of how everything works together etc. I mean the build quality is just that QUALITY! Wethepeoples stuff is IN SANE The Tolerances when putting some of the Parts together is TIGHT! It's as close to perfect as anyone Human could get! Whoever is making their Parts is a VERY Talented Manufacturer! I really cannot wait to take the Bike on its Maiden Ride! I'd hoped today tbh, But I've got a pretty Important Appointment soon so with the shitty Winter Weather it will be dark or getting there when I'm done GRRR!! & I'm out all day tomorrow AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!! Saturday!! haha.

The New Wheelset!...

Front Wheel:
Eclat ESC 2.10" Tyre Tan Wall
Super Light Inner Tube
Eclat Rim Strip Black/White
Eclat Polar Aero 36h Rim Black
Eclat Dynamic 36h 3/8ths Front Hub Polished
Eclat Double Butted Stainless Spokes x 36 Black
Eclat 16mm Brass Nipples x 36 Black
Eclat Dynamic Front Hub Guard x 2 Polished
Eclat Venom Chromoly/Plastic Sleeve 4.5" 3/8ths Peg Pair Black

Rear Wheel:
Eclat ESC 2.10" Tyre Tan Wall
Super Light Inner Tube
Eclat Blind 36h 9t RHD 14mm Male Freecoaster Hub Polished
The Daily Grind LT Heat Treated 4140 Hub Guard Black - Eclat Wont Be Offering Polished Hub Guards in 2014! sad
The Daily Grind Heat Treated 4140 Drive Side Guard Black
Eclat Venom Chromoly/Plastic Sleeved 4.5" 14mm Peg Pair Black

Not too shabby really eh?! Sadly, Eclat wont be offering the Polished Guards for next year, So I am going to be buying 2 Polished Dynamic Guards with my Crank Stuff Order & Keeping them for the Wheelset later in the Year & as I'm not the greatest fan of Plastic Guards (The Other Option Eclat Are Offering Next Year!) I decided I'd go with the Daily Grind Guards in the Back. The Rear Hub will see the largest beating so it kinda made sense to Me to have the Stronger Guards!

ENJOY!

|

12/12/2013 7:10 AM

God damn! so rad looking. fly me in tot take photos of your stuff man!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

12/12/2013 7:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/12/2013 7:17 AM

When I Win The Euro Millions Buddy! Haha, It's like 32 Million Tomorrow or something INSANE like that it's in the 30 something Million Area! Then not only can You take photos of what I have now, You can take photos of the THOUSANDS of £'s / $'s / Euro's Worth of Bikes/Parts & Whatever else the Fuck I fancy! Haha!

|

12/12/2013 7:17 AM

Topsey wrote:

When I Win The Euro Millions Buddy! Haha, It's like 32 Million Tomorrow or something INSANE like that it's in the 30 something ...more

Yes yes please sir! Thatd be rad to go ride out of country.

|

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

12/12/2013 8:35 AM

We'll order You WHAT-EVER You should fancy for Your Bike Or A Completely BRAND NEW One if that takes Your Fancy haha! Whilst You're Here yeah? grin

|

12/12/2013 8:40 AM

OH MY GOD.

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/12/2013 9:06 AM

That is such a nice build Jon! Is the geo and feel more for like a hybrid street/flat ride? I want something similar to fuck with, sometimes hate having to find a "spot" just to ride. It would be fun to just go to the nearest flat surface!

|

12/12/2013 10:39 AM

I've only managed to have a little roll around the Front Garden but the Front End feels nice & tight nothing to complain about tbh. I really cannot make an informed comment on how the Geo will really effect the proper riding feel of the Bike! The Chain Stays hmmm, I've got them pushed RIGHT back to just over 13" & I might mention this to the Wethepeople Guys. I think 12.4" Is a little too short! Especially with the uprising in the whole Streetland thing a lot of just Pure Flat Frames are over 13" now! I'm gunna have to bite the bullet & drop it down to about 12.7" ... I mean there are Legit Street Frames with 12.8" Chain Stays (BSD WZA V3) That shit tons of Street Riders have ZERO Issues riding so I think it would be less intimidating for a Street Rider looking to branch out into the whole Streetland deal if the Chain Stays were 12.75"/12.8" Slammed meaning You could comfortably get the Wheel at say 13" with Minimal Peg Over Hang! The Drop Outs are VERY Small & they are THICK! I like that a lot & the Integrated Tensioners are a GOD SEND! The Quality of the Products is beyond belief! Seriously the Best Frame I have owned. Better than any American Frame (Sorry To All You 'MURICAH!!! Guys!) It has way more additional "Features" too! If You are looking into a Streetland, I would HIGHLY Recommend All the Utopia Parts! Even if you didn't bother with an Eclat Build like what I'm going for The Frame, Fork & Bars will see You Good! There are A LOT of Streetland Products popping up! the Shorter than Street but Longer than "Average Flatland" Stems, Short Cranks, Freecoasters, Longer Posts, More Hand Friendly Seats! It's all popping up! I have an idea in My Head For a set of Pegs (Different To The Last Ones! LoL) Which would be straight up Streetland Pegs!

|

12/12/2013 11:33 AM

YES! w00t

|

Refs: Scramhype x3, IRideAFly, Tomdon x2, HateBreeder x2, AndrewPeakmanBMX, TrendyDoo

For faster reply text me at 7024964706

12/12/2013 2:26 PM

That is NICE Jon, bet you can't wait for Saturday eh, From what I remember the weathers supposed to pretty good this weekend over here in good old blighty.

happy riding, let us all know how you get on with her.

Looks so good mate.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/13/2013 4:07 PM

Cheers Buddy! I just got quite the AWESOME Shock haha! There is something I have been wanting for a LONG Time! Kinda completes a collection I guess BUT... It came in a colour i despise & really couldn't happily buy! WELLLLLL.... It's just recently been released in a NEW Colour, A Colour I happen to VERRRRRRRY Much LOVE!!! Gunna see about Purchasing said Product after X-Mas/First Week of January! whistling

|

12/13/2013 4:36 PM

Topsey wrote:

Cheers Buddy! I just got quite the AWESOME Shock haha! There is something I have been wanting for a LONG Time! Kinda completes ...more

Your builds are always nice

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/14/2013 12:24 PM

Put some flat clips up , do us some justice ! It's just a tease , I want to see it in action !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/14/2013 12:55 PM

Haha! I shall do my best! Surprisingly I have NOTHING to film myself with! I'll have to get the Lady or one of my Buddies to film me on their phones when I see them next. Well If it isn't X-Mas Or Snowing by then!

|

1/4/2014 11:02 PM

I've Got A Couple Of Updated Photos For You Guys! I Have Received My Eclat Duel Headset, Installed It & Trimmed Down The Forks Steerer Tube & Here It Is!!.....

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

1/4/2014 11:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/4/2014 11:04 PM

What Do You All Think To The Shine On That Stem Then?! It Was Enough For The Camera To Pick Up My Reflection It It's Face Picker Upper Thing! Haha...

|

1/5/2014 4:10 AM

Looks REEAAALLY good, plus the part list is amazing. Have you had the opportunity to ride it?

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/5/2014 5:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2014 5:13 AM

Yes!.. It's incredibly responsive! The Back End is 12.4" Slammed & I'm running it closer to 13" HOWEVER.... If I want to Ride Street on this Beauty then the Back End will have to be pushed back closer to the 12.4" because the Peg Over Hang is a little to much for My liking!.. I wouldn't want to damage the Drop Outs!.. This is the older BMXer in Me!.. I'm sure with the Shape & the fact the Drop Outs are Heat Treated it shouldn't happen, but I've done it in the past & I'd really, REALLY HATE!!! To Damage this from a preventable issue!!!

I'll be switching out some of the Parts in a few weeks time! A Little different to whats planned ^^ up there! ^^ When it comes to the Wheelset, It all depends on the Blind Hub's Release!!! We Make Things are keeping that one under wraps! BUT.. I've seen more & more of their Riders testing out what look to be Production Models! Either it will drop in "Spring" as a surprise with some of their other Products, or it will in fact be the Interbike 2014 time that I have been told!

I'll post up the build plan with the 2nd Wheelset Plan in a second!

|

1/5/2014 5:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2014 6:47 AM

Frame:
Wethepeople Utopia 19.5" with Removable Mounts Glossy Red

Front End:
Wethepeople Utopia Minimal Offset 3/8ths Brakeless Fork Glossy Red
Eclat Duel Integrated Headset Polished
1 x 5mm Carbon Fiber Head Tube Spacer Black
Eclat Boxer 48mm Front Load Stem Polished
Wethepeople Utopia 8.5" Handle Bars Chrome

Grips & Bar Ends:
Eclat Zap Flangeless Grips Red
Wethepeople Drops Bar End Caps Polished

Seating:
Eclat OZ Thick Padded Synthetic Leather Pivotal Seat Dark Brown
Eclat Torch Long 230mm Pivotal Seat Post Polished

Drive Train:
Eclat Stroke Half Link Chain Black
Eclat Channel 23t 19mm Spline Drive Sprocket Polished
Wethepeople Royal 2013 165mm 19mm Crankset Chrome
Eclat CNC'd 19mm Mid Bottom Bracket Kit Polished
Eclat Plaza Nylon Pedals Pair Black (Will Eventually Be Replaced with Eclat's Bearingless P.C Pedals!)

Front Wheel:
Eclat Escape 2.10" Wire Bead Tyre Tan Wall
Super Light Inner Tube
Wethepeople Supreme 36h 3/8ths Front Hub Polished
Eclat Brass Nipples x 36 Black
Wethepeople Supreme Front Hub Guard x 2 Polished
Eclat Venom Chromoly/Nylon Sleeved 4.5" 3/8ths Peg Pair Black

Rear Wheel:
Eclat Escape 2.10" Wire Bead Tyre Tan Wall
Super Light Inner Tube
Wethepeople Helix 36h 9t RHD 14mm Male Freecoaster Hub Polished
Wethepeople Helix Freecoaster Rear Hub Guard Polished
Eclat Venom Chromoly/Nylon Sleeved 4.5" 14mm Peg Pair Black

That's pretty much "Plan A" right now!.. I think it has a good mixture of Wethepeople & Eclat Parts!.. There are some other Eclat Parts I would REALLY LOVE to own, So I guess they will be saved for Another Day, Another Bike!
|

1/5/2014 7:54 AM

Topsey wrote:

Yes!.. It's incredibly responsive! The Back End is 12.4" Slammed & I'm running it closer to 13" HOWEVER.... If I want to ...more

Cool. Id love to see an edit made by you.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/5/2014 8:06 AM

Rehab starts in exactly 12 Days!.. I'm really, REALLY Hoping & Wishing that the UK Vital Crew can get together for a "Road Trip" of sorts! There is soooooooo much Street & Many Park's around the Southern UK area that many of us have NEVER touched! Shoulder & Diabetes willing I plan to get as many Clips/Photos that I possibly can!

|

1/5/2014 10:09 AM

Ditch that black spacer.... My challenger use to be that shiny.

|

1/5/2014 10:31 AM

I like it..... I want that Zodiac dust cover

|

1/5/2014 12:32 PM

I like this bike. Throw front brakes on it

|

It’s all bmx

1/5/2014 12:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2014 2:15 PM

@ Broken - I cannot loose the Spacer, Fork's are Cut as much as I can get them without cutting into the threads (Something I REALLY Don't like doing!) & I kinda like the Black breaking up the Polished Stem & Headset Cap!

@Skubasteve - The Eclat Duel Headset will be on this Build from now on! The Zodiac Cover in on My Autum Razzia which is awaiting the Wheelset that's on this!..

Cheers Guys!

|

1/5/2014 1:21 PM

sick build!

|

brakeless maniac

1/5/2014 3:12 PM

Love it

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

1/6/2014 10:25 AM

@ Adam - I'd need Brake Mounts for those! I don't really want a Front Brake on a Bike I will ride Street on, BUT... Now I'm replacing everything on this to be a Wethepeople/Eclat Build, I'll actually have everything back to Re-Build the Autum!.. I'm gunna get it all put together as & when I can swap out Parts on this Beauty! My Autum has Removables on the Fork, So There may well be some experimenting with a Front Brake! Kink Restrain Lever - Tree SB Power Cable - Kink Desist Brake with Front Brake Kit & Fly Manual SPS Clear Pads = FUCK YEAH!!!!

@ Joe - It's only getting started Mate! February 5th New Grips & Bar Ends & A WHOOOOLE New Crank Set Up will be ordered!!

@ Mr. Rastaman! - Cheers Buddy! Obviously You'll get to have a go when We all meet up! As long as I can Ride Your C.R.E.A.M though!!! I gotta Email You about something to do with the Meet too!

|

1/6/2014 4:42 PM

friggin supah clean good shit!

|

1/7/2014 4:37 PM

looks hella fun

|

trading primo wheels hmu
Text for faster reply 503-957-1330