Baby Powder

Related:
Create New Tag

4/10/2016 5:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2016 10:51 AM

Thought I would try something different. Just saw the can when I was in the paint isle and I don't think Ive ever seen a matt white BMX before.

Frame 2008 Haro f3
Bars, forks, grips and pedals are from a 2011 Colony Descendent (my other bike)
Stem and Seat are from a Haro 400.1 (my old bike)
Rear wheel Animal ASM 2.1 on a Cinema Toungsten wheel
Front wheel Subrosa Grave Digger 2.3 on a PBR laced to a Cinema Toungsten Hub

Edit: Ended up selling it.

|

4/11/2016 6:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2016 6:30 AM

yep. The matte white is sweet, And the blue Haro sticker is just enough pop to make the black and white work. It looks totally old school. they had some white bikes in the past...Haro's, GT's...

I would be hesitant to do any crazyness with that bike just cause I wouldn't want to mar the paint...that would be my "cruiser" bike

Love it

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

4/11/2016 12:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2016 12:24 PM

Thanks! Yeah the paint is definitely delicate. You get a greasy fingerprint on it and you can't wipe it off without turning the matte into semi gloss. But I think it will be cool to just use it and have it be an ever changing piece of art. I think the messy look would fit right into the world of BMX! It will definitely be another level of "the dirty look".

The reason for painting it was actually to sell it. But I got inspired by the process of rawing, painting and building. If no one buys I'm picking up some big bars and dedicating it to dirt jumps!

|