Benjamin Lewis: Round Two

Related:
Create New Tag

8/2/2013 10:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2013 10:20 AM

Sooooo... I rebuilt my Benny Frame with some of my spare parts & i got some new parts too. I have a few more i would like to get but they will have to wait as i have something "Bigger" in the works!

Parts List:

Frame:
Fit Benny L 20"

Front End:
Odyssey R-25 Fork
Odyssey Low Stack Integrated Headset with 5mm Carbon Spacer
Tree Collet Drop Load Stem
Tree Moto 8.5" 4 Upsweep Handle Bars
(I was going to cut them down, but with the 152mm Grips it isn't going to happen! So they are 28.5" Wide)

Grips & Bar Ends:
Fit Benny L Grips
Tree Threaded Bar Ends

Seating:
Tree Ergo Fat Pivotal Seat
Fit 200mm Stump Pivotal Post (Cut to 135mm)
Tree 6mm Integrated Seat Clamp Bolt

Drive Train:
No Chain Right Now - It will be an Odyssey Bluebird
Zodiac Eng 25t Socket Drive Sprocket (I want to get a Properbikeco 25t Socket Drive Sprocket in Polished)
Odyssey/Flatware Socket Drive Twombolt Crankset
Eclat Bearings with 1 BSD Cone & 1 Random Cone
Odyssey JC/PC Pedals - Pins Removed from One Side of BOTH Pedals

Front Wheel:
Odyssey Aitken Street 2.25" K-Lyte Tyre (I want to get an Odyssey Chase Hawk 2.4" Tan Wall Tyre)
Super Light Inner Tube
Fly Bikes 36h Front Rim
Profile Mini 36h 3/8ths Front Hub (I want to get Blue6 Hex Head Titanium Bolts for it)
D.T Swiss Competition Double Butted Spokes x 36
D.T Swiss Pro Lock Alloy Nipples x 36

Rear Wheel:
Odyssey Aitken 1.90" K-Lyte Tyre (I want to get another Odyssey Chase Hawk 2.4" Tan Wall Tyre)
Super Light Inner Tube
Fly Bikes 36h Front Rim
Profile 36h 10t 3/8ths RHD Cassette Hub (I want to get Blue6 Titanium Hex Head Titanium Bolts with the 14mm Shoulders for it)
D.T Swiss Competition Double Butted Spokes x 36
D.T Swiss Pro Lock Alloy Nipples x 36

RIGHT THEN! Photos!
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

8/2/2013 10:30 AM

Looks really nice!!

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

8/2/2013 10:34 AM

Dem wheels, looks damn nice man.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

8/2/2013 12:38 PM

Where the pegs at?

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/2/2013 1:04 PM

I cannot believe i am saying this...... This bike will be......... PEGLESS!!!

|

8/2/2013 1:38 PM

Sick build topsey! cant wait to see more. i dislike the sprocket but i like the socket drive!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

8/2/2013 3:09 PM

Yeah, I'm not keen on it. Ken @Zodiac Eng was supposed to be sorting me out a Tree Sprocket for the Socket Drive system BUT.... It has been 7 Months & nothing! So i am giving up on it. I will be getting the Proper one in Polished. I am saving for my BSD/Eclat build right now so i am getting a chain for this so it's rideable. My shoulder is fucked, i can barely lift 2 pints of milk so even riding a bike would be really hard! I'm waiting to see the consultant & then i'll be put on a waiting list for a Shoulder Op to fix it!

|

8/2/2013 4:52 PM

Where's your chain, man?
And I like that stem. I was debating on that one, a Madera one, and the S&M Enduro. I ended up getting the Enduro and it feels and looks sick. The Enduro and this Tree Collet look very similar.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

8/2/2013 5:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2013 5:56 PM

Nice ride bro love the colour scheme, you can just tell by looking at some bikes and their geo that they look fun as fuck to ride, not usually a fan of the red but with those tires and the polished tints it looks sweet as fuck man.

Love the seat, out of all of them out there I always liked the shape the tree seat best, a seat can make or brake (lol pet peev of yours) the look of a bike, and I gotta say it makes yours look so good.

This bike just looks like it wants to be 360'd down a set of stairs. Bravo, love it.

If you put a set of big fours on this I reckon it would be damn near perfect.

Nice1

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/2/2013 5:57 PM

I'm at work and still fapped one out

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/2/2013 6:20 PM

Haha! Once the Freecoaster bike is built up (Sometime around Xmas/New Year) I want to finish off the whole Tree/Fit/Odyssey Scheme

Odyssey Hollow Pin Key Chain Black
Tree Light 25t 15/16" Bolt Drive Sprocket Raw
Fit 24mm 165mm Indent Crankset Chrome with the 24mm BB Black
Odyssey JC/PC Pedals Black

Odyssey Hawk 2.4" P-Lyte Tyre Tan Wall
G-Sport Birdcage 36h Rim Black
Tree Straight Pull 36h 3/8ths Front Hub Raw
Tree Straight Pull Double Butted Spokes x 36 Black
G-Sport Taper Hex Alloy Nipples x 36 Black
Tree 4140 Heat Treated Hub Guard x 2 Black
G-Sport Pleg V2 3/8ths Peg x 2 Black

Tree Straight Pull 36h 9t RHD Cassette Hub Raw
Tree 4140 Heat Treated Hub Guard Black
Tree 4140 Heat Treated Drive Side Guard Black
G-Sport Pleg V2 14mm Peg x 2 Black

That would be the "Dream Set Up" I really, really, REALLY want my BSD/Eclat Set Up first though & if i save from now till Xmas i will be able to afford it!

|

8/2/2013 7:29 PM

Topsey wrote:

Haha! Once the Freecoaster bike is built up (Sometime around Xmas/New Year) I want to finish off the whole Tree/Fit/Odyssey Scheme

Odyssey Hollow Pin Key Chain Black
Tree Light 25t 15/16" Bolt Drive Sprocket Raw
Fit 24mm 165mm Indent Crankset Chrome with the 24mm BB Black
Odyssey JC/PC Pedals Black

Tree Straight Pull 36h 3/8ths Front Hub Raw
Tree 4140 Heat Treated Hub Guard x 2 Black
G-Sport Pleg V2 3/8ths Peg x 2 Black

Tree Straight Pull 36h 9t RHD Cassette Hub Raw
Tree 4140 Heat Treated Hub Guard Black
Tree 4140 Heat Treated Drive Side Guard Black
G-Sport Pleg V2 14mm Peg x 2 Black

That would be the "Dream Set Up" I really, really, REALLY want my BSD/Eclat Set Up first though & if i save from now till Xmas i will be able to afford it!

Bsd & eclat sounds so good man, both those companies have my full attention & respect.
Can't wait to see that build.

Bring on the blind FC.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/2/2013 7:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2013 7:31 PM

future FBM wrote:

I'm at work and still fapped one out

Was that you in the bowl this morning....lol

Fapp master 3000.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/3/2013 6:30 AM

Ride looks nice man. Missing two extra tubes on the bars and four bits attached to the axles but the rest is very good

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

8/3/2013 7:25 AM

Gump wrote:

Ride looks nice man. Missing two extra tubes on the bars and four bits attached to the axles but the rest is very good

LoL smile The Custom FBMs Bars have the two extra tubes, Also they're below 8" too! That will have four bits attached to the axles for definite!! The Benny will eventually i'm positive.

|

8/3/2013 2:22 PM

this might be retarded but why are you running wheels with way too many spoke hole things

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/3/2013 2:35 PM

Haha, they aren't spoke holes smile The Rims are drilled out, Fly Rims come like that, the Rear rims have one hole & the Fronts have two.

|

8/3/2013 2:36 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

this might be retarded but why are you running wheels with way too many spoke hole things

It's a Fly rim lol. that's how it's made. the holes are bigger than spoke holes.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

8/3/2013 5:35 PM

and what's the point?

to make it lighter?

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/5/2013 7:02 AM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

and what's the point?

to make it lighter?

A few years back there was a trend of drilling your Rims out to look like these. A few people did it for weight savings, a few people did it for style. You know the majority of Rims are "Double Walled" right? Well Primo Rims for example had their inner wall drilled out so people basically used that as a guide & drilled through the outer wall too. Fly I'm sure did it as more of a style thing than anything else. Their original Rim now called the "Classic" had one hole drilled between the Spoke holes, Their Front Rim (Which is what these are) have two holes drilled between the Spokes holes, I am pretty sure they did this for weight savings this time round. The "Classic" Rim is a beast of a rim & weighs a fair bit, so Fly pretty much decided to see how far they could push it! They did the double drilled & tested them for over a year & these are the result of that testing. I bought them because they looked cool haha.

|

8/5/2013 7:09 AM

nice ride.

what sprocket choices are there with socket drive? my killington is so ugly imo and it isnt very thick...

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

8/5/2013 7:12 AM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

and what's the point?

to make it lighter?

Topsey wrote:

A few years back there was a trend of drilling your Rims out to look like these. A few people did it for weight savings, a few people did it for style. You know the majority of Rims are "Double Walled" right? Well Primo Rims for example had their inner wall drilled out so people basically used that as a guide & drilled through the outer wall too. Fly I'm sure did it as more of a style thing than anything else. Their original Rim now called the "Classic" had one hole drilled between the Spoke holes, Their Front Rim (Which is what these are) have two holes drilled between the Spokes holes, I am pretty sure they did this for weight savings this time round. The "Classic" Rim is a beast of a rim & weighs a fair bit, so Fly pretty much decided to see how far they could push it! They did the double drilled & tested them for over a year & these are the result of that testing. I bought them because they looked cool haha.

this. flys are dope. strong and beautiful

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim

n-dür on facebook

8/5/2013 7:30 AM

SnM An1mal wrote:

nice ride.

what sprocket choices are there with socket drive? my killington is so ugly imo and it isnt very thick...

As far as i know, there is only one other Socket Drive Sprocket on the market right now. Its a Properbikeco Magnon Sprocket. It's quite cool it comes with a Socket Drive Adapter so you can run the Sprocket on regular Cranks as well. There is a Sprocket Bolt Hole for that reason but that's no biggie you hide it behind the Crank Arm!

|

8/5/2013 8:16 AM

SnM An1mal wrote:

nice ride.

Topsey wrote:

As far as i know, there is only one other Socket Drive Sprocket on the market right now. Its a Properbikeco Magnon Sprocket. It's quite cool it comes with a Socket Drive Adapter so you can run the Sprocket on regular Cranks as well. There is a Sprocket Bolt Hole for that reason but that's no biggie you hide it behind the Crank Arm!

ill look into that.

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

8/6/2013 11:48 PM

Looks great, when you get new Tyres will you be selling those?

|

8/7/2013 5:07 AM

Looks damn good. Hows the stem holding up?any slips?

|

Cheers🍺

8/7/2013 12:59 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

I am not 100% sure when i will be getting the new Tyres however i will send you a message on here or have you added me on Facebook? If not look for Jon Topsey Turvey & add me, I'll send you a message when the Tyres are replaced!

|

8/7/2013 1:03 PM

subrosa luver wrote:

Looks damn good. Hows the stem holding up?any slips?

I haven't had the chance to ride it yet unfortunately! Still haven't bought a chain plus the fucked shoulder! However the Bars are SOLID i didn't do the rear Steerer Tube Bolts up tight enough & i dropped the bike & it got a little tweaked & my Dad managed to move them with his entire body weight i might add! Its a GOOD Stem & i would DEFFO recommend it! Supposedly Tree are teaming up with Flatland Fuel & making a 38mm or 42mm Collet Stem which would be awesome! I would have one for sure!

|

8/7/2013 2:26 PM

i still dont understand how that stem works

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

8/7/2013 11:02 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Topsey wrote:

I am not 100% sure when i will be getting the new Tyres however i will send you a message on here or have you added me on Facebook? If not look for Jon Topsey Turvey & add me, I'll send you a message when the Tyres are replaced!

OK cheers.

|