Broken ankle (trimalleolar fracture)

Related:
Create New Tag

4/27/2017 12:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/27/2017 12:50 PM

Ok,So, I posted this on the wrong forum, Ik but I dunno how to delete it derp. Anyways I was playing bike with a friend and I tried a new trick that I never done before. Its a weird like you 45 on a quarter and 270 back in the other way. (doesn't know tech terms) Anyways I came close to landing it and when I landed in the quarter I looped out (rides brakeless). I ended up putting my back foot down, my left and it rolled. I didn't feel shit at first but I looked at it and seen it was crooked. I popped it back in place before the ambulance got back. Long story short I was curious if anyone had the same broken ankle type cause I got a big plate and like 8 screws. Im worried I wont be able to ride as good or at all anymore.

|

4/27/2017 6:11 PM

A buddy of mine did a feeble stall, stepped out of it and twisted his ankle until it snapped. His foot was stuck at 90 degrees out (I straightened it) and then we took him to the hospital. He got like 7 screws and a plate. He was out for a couple months and eased back into riding-ran a brake right away to avoid loop outs for a bit. Over time he got back to where he was before it happened.

Just follow doctor orders and when the OK is there, EASE into it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/27/2017 8:09 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

A buddy of mine did a feeble stall, stepped out of it and twisted his ankle until it snapped. His foot was stuck at 90 degrees ...more

Ok, thanks i was jc cause i seen some horror stories and it scarred me. Yea, im def getting back brakes now too, it could of saved me.

|