Cheapo Mystery Premium

Related:
Create New Tag

5/9/2018 7:49 AM

Got this for 150 bucks. 20.75 TT, 13.75 CS, 28 tooth sprocket, Animal seat, and the widest bars I've ever seen(30.5"). I'm going to get new brakes and grips today and then it's done for a bit. I want to grab a fork with brake mounts by the end of the summer and maybe replace the pedals.

I thought 20.75 would feel too small but it feels pretty good. Maybe It's the huge bars? Dunno but it feels pretty good.

Photo

|

5/9/2018 3:13 PM

I figured out what the bars are when I took the old grips off. MacNeil Tabernak Bars, also, they're 30" wide the grips messed with my measurement. I got some salt brakes and a lever today too. Cheap. Doesn't feel bad at all for a budget bike to mess around on.

|

5/9/2018 3:45 PM

Yo! That thing is actually pretty rad! I really like the color! It looks like alot of fun for what you plan on doing wit it! And for $150! That's awesome!

And 100% chromo I'm assuming?

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

5/9/2018 3:52 PM

MacNeil bars are pretty good , they’re probably 9” tall .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/9/2018 4:47 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Yo! That thing is actually pretty rad! I really like the color! It looks like alot of fun for what you plan on doing wit it! ...more

I think it's chromo. It's got removable brake hardware and that isn't that common on lower end bikes as far as I know. They did do one that the TT DT and chain stays are chromo though.

It doesn't really matter to me right now. I just want to learn roll outs, 180s, manuals and decent hops for now. I'm old and my body is a bit of a mess. My days of doing big stuff are over.

I plan on replacing the fork with one with mounts and replacing the pedals. Might run pegs on the left. I need to replace the bearings in the rear hub pretty soon but yeah for what i paid I'm pretty stoked.

|

5/9/2018 4:54 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

MacNeil bars are pretty good , they’re probably 9” tall .

Yep, it was stamped beside the name.

|

5/10/2018 5:48 AM

Nice

|

brakeless maniac

5/10/2018 8:17 AM

Joe_Martinez wrote:

Nice

Thanks! I really like the bars. They make this bike feel really comfy.

|

5/10/2018 2:45 PM

Joe_Martinez wrote:

Nice

Nice

|

5/10/2018 3:23 PM

New grips and brakes. The sprocket is actually 25 tooth. I my have been burning the Devil's cabbage when i counted the first time.

Photo

|