Fit VHS

Related:
Create New Tag

10/10/2020 1:52 PM

My VHS is finally assembled with some new parts. I'm happy so far with how it turned out. I'll get better pics when I get the energy to get my lazy ass off the back porch.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Fit VHS Frame 21" TT
T1 Salt City bars
FSA headset
Animal Edwin grips/ Colony Konka bar ends
Cinema Martinez stem
Odyssey R32 fork
Fit Barstool seat
Merritt Battle Crank 175mm/ Colony BB
GT Overdrive sprocket 28T
Odyssey Twisted Pro pedals
BSD Forever chain
Odyssey Quadrant rear rim and cassette
Odyssey Litehouse front rim, BSD butted spokes on Fit hub
Black ops lever and Springfield u brake
Subrosa Sawtooth tires 2.35

This was my first new school frame and so far I just never felt like I got along very well with it. It just always felt a little unstable and loopy, so I made some changes. Truth be told, I was a little inebriated when I put this thing together, but everything worked well on the first ride, so I think all's good. This is by far the lightest and strongest setup I have ever had. The new stem has less rise and the bars are lower. This is closer to what I am used to, and I think I have found a good middle ground. Manuals feel stable and it has good pop. I'm very happy with the look of it and I'm looking forward to riding some more.

There're still a couple details to finish up. I'll probably cut half an inch or so off each side of the bars. They are at 28" as they sit. Also need to trim the steerer down. I have two 5mm spacers under the stem and want to go down to 1, plus temporarily a 5mm spacer on top because I was impatient and wanted to get to riding.

|

10/11/2020 12:01 AM

Nice build, man!

|

10/11/2020 7:57 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

Nice build, man!

Thanks man. I just need the rain to go away now so I can get our and ride.

|

10/12/2020 10:36 AM

1. Love those bars
2. Wicked looking sprocket
3. Van Homan will save us

|