21 savage (updated 1/21/17 pics at bottom)

Related:
Create New Tag

6/25/2016 1:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2017 1:16 PM

Old wifi got jacked so decided to start building this ill just update this as its being built
Fit savage 21 inch
Fit vandlebars
Mike hoder grips
Odyssey Raft Stem
Odyssey Headset
Odyssey R-25s
Animal x T1 Tires in 2.2 front and back
Gsport Elite front wheel
Odyssey Retro Tripod Seat
Fit tripod post
S&M 22 mm bb
Odyssey Thunderbolts in 175mm if anyone wants to trade for 170s im down
Odyssey grandstands plastic
Odyssey Retro sprocket (the solid one) 28t
cult 410 chain
hazard lite / Odyssey clutch for rear
this thing feel huge but ill get used to it
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

6/25/2016 11:04 PM

Literally my dream build lol. I can't wait to see it

|

6/26/2016 5:34 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

Literally my dream build lol. I can't wait to see it

Thanks dude was already kinda workin on it before my old bike was stolen but now i can focus on it completely. Heres a lil progress pic i took before i got my back wheel and new bars and stem

Photo

|

6/28/2016 3:13 PM

this is gonna be a dope build, props on the new ride

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

7/2/2016 6:44 PM

Ordered everything else and it should be coming in the 8th just need to cut my bars down now

|

7/8/2016 2:31 PM

lil progress pic im waiting on my seatpost to come in and later today im getting the bars cut to 28 inches and my drivetrain put together

Photo

|

7/15/2016 4:28 PM

Looks sweet! Let me know if the thunderbolts are good, I've been looking into them.

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

7/15/2016 7:00 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Looks sweet! Let me know if the thunderbolts are good, I've been looking into them.

Dude they're sweet despite not riding them on this one i had them on my old bike in 175 and i couldnt switch back to other cranks cause they all felt like they were missing something pair them with grandstands and youve got one of the best and comfiest setups in my experience. Just looking to get them in 165s now

|

7/16/2016 3:59 PM

Finished it finally heres a lil pic for right now

|

7/16/2016 10:25 PM

How do you like those Animal x T1 tires? I haven't heard much about them yet.

|

7/16/2016 10:46 PM

Improbablycrazy wrote:

How do you like those Animal x T1 tires? I haven't heard much about them yet.

Feel like pillows and ive had to make them supperr hard to make them not feel flat. Haven't done much on them but ill report back tomorrow with a bit more info

|

7/17/2016 11:10 AM

Love it

|

7/17/2016 1:14 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

Love it

Thanks dude and @ improbablycrazy the tires feel like pillows no matter how hard you pump em up. they are super fast and kinda remind me of fit t/as without that waxy layer. And the 2.2 is kinda misleading cuz it feels more like a 2.3

|

8/6/2016 10:33 AM

Best pedals you will ever ride!

|

8/7/2016 2:43 PM

nice af.... well done.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

8/19/2016 9:58 PM

Ordered some fly rubens in white from empire since im not really feelin these tires those should be in in a couple days

|

8/25/2016 9:45 PM

lil bad update pic i miss the black tires but its watever
Photo

|

1/5/2017 11:10 PM

moved my bars put the spacer under my stem lowered my seat got some fuegos and got another pair of grandstands liking the look a lot more now

|

1/6/2017 5:16 AM

Those white tires actually look pretty good. Maybe a white chain to match?

|

1/7/2017 11:39 AM

Dumb question but does your odyssey clutch click when it disengages. My Merritt one did for the first few rides and than got silent but now that I am on a clutch freecoaster it click all the time.

|

1/7/2017 2:19 PM

Ethan Corriere " I ride the 21 savage frame"

|

1/8/2017 3:28 AM

RIDEboarder wrote:

Dumb question but does your odyssey clutch click when it disengages. My Merritt one did for the first few rides and than got ...more

yea it clicked for a good while I even emailed odyssey about it but they said it was "still breaking in" after a good couple of weeks. it only stopped when i dropped it doing a manual since then it hasnt come back. it's annoying and grease doesnt fix it (from experience but still make sure there's grease in the hub) so just let it wear in

|

1/21/2017 1:13 PM

lil bit of some update pics got a new back wheel cause my old clutch was being problematic + the fuegos
Photo

Photo

|

1/21/2017 6:39 PM

Are you using masking tape as a chainstay guard to keep the chain from hitting it? If so, I recommend taking an old tube (cut it up first) and wrap it around the chainstay. Then use black electrical tape to hold it together, and use a bit on the ends to keep it from moving around. That's what I do, and it also works as a good guard if you accidentally slip out of a feeble or something (but I see you don't run right side pegs).

But anyways, that bike looks so sick! How do you like the 25mm offset on those forks?

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

1/21/2017 6:40 PM

Im a huge sucker for solid sprockets. Nice ride in general

|

1/21/2017 7:38 PM

I see that you were rocking the animal x T1 tires a ways back. What were your thoughts?? I was thinking about picking up a set

|

Refs robbyptown

1/22/2017 10:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2017 10:27 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Are you using masking tape as a chainstay guard to keep the chain from hitting it? If so, I recommend taking an old tube (cut ...more

yeah its just a temporary fix once i get pegs ill try out your idea as it seems like itd protect it from much more than just paint rubbing off.

I love 25mm offset i went up to around 32 on a borrowed bike and it just felt like a lot of work even carving feels better with less offset. I cant nose manual but i can nose bonk and i can tell you it feels muchhh easier with less offset. the only way id go back up is if i started riding trails.

|

1/22/2017 10:39 AM

britton wrote:

I see that you were rocking the animal x T1 tires a ways back. What were your thoughts?? I was thinking about picking up a set ...more

@super-pawl- love these things too and i got it for around 25 bucks or so off the odyssey site so along with looking good it was a major steal as well

@britton- I didn't really care for them and they don't go as fast as advertised both my 2.35 rubens and 2.3 fuegos are faster and it even feels like theirs a bit of drag in them, you can feel it especially in manuals. they didnt grip that well, especially at dusty skateparks, and it felt like i had to use sooooo much air just to get the sidewalls feeling right, but due to the hard center tread that only got harder with more air, they felt extremely offset with a hard center and soft sidewall so in turn carving felt terrible so maybe go with the 2.4s and itd help a lil bit with more contact area. One positive thing I can say about them is they last forever so i use them as spares if one of my tires goes bald, i only replaced them cause i didnt like them. if you were thinking about a slick tire id go with dugans

|