Found a long lost old friend

Related:
Create New Tag

12/20/2017 8:29 AM

Hello everyone, new to the forum. While cleaning out my parents Storage unit I came across one of my favorite things in the world. My mother told me she gave it away, so I was shocked to find it in the very back of the unit. My old Mongoose FS1. Sucker is still in pretty good shape other than the dry rotted tires. The rubber front pegs it came with are still good thanks switching to metal ones the day I got it. It was loaded, even has the sprocket switch to free wheel the pedals or switch to pedal brakes. Almost died on this thing several times in the 80's, put a straight seat post on it after I bent the factory one on my tailbone coming off a roof, good times, good times. Put the broken seat back on it since the foam one rotted. It was retired with my bike career and my friends vert ramp in 1992 after he got out of the hospital. I would love to restore this thing, metal parts only have surface pits and the paint is decent considering. Can anyone point me to where I need to go for restoration or FS1 groups. The Hutch wheels are even in good shape but I don't want to whiten them without research. Thanks in advance!!

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

12/20/2017 3:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/20/2017 3:02 PM

BMXmuseum is your friend. I'm sure theres vintage Mongoose groups on Facebook too. Rad ride!

|

12/20/2017 5:55 PM

Bmxmuseum.com

|

12/21/2017 3:46 AM

Thanks for the assist!

|

12/22/2017 1:52 AM

Cool find that.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

3/15/2018 6:56 PM

Awesome!

|

3/16/2018 9:53 PM

That’s a real old school beauty if i’ve ever seen one... beautiful!

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen