Hawg Pink Tallboy (pics on 2nd page)

Related:
Create New Tag

1/11/2018 9:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/11/2018 9:15 PM

Hello vital, as the new year rolled in I figured I should start it off right by building a new frame - a Hawg Pink S&M Tallboy, a frame i’ve been wanting for months. I planned on making a new bike check on the first, to end the exact one year anniversary of riding my Volume Vessel - but alas.

Early on the morning of 1/1/18, I crashed and fractured my skull, causing internal bleeding in 2 separate areas. I received cranium surgery, and i’ll be making a full recovery. It’s a terrible way to start off the new year, and I can’t even begin to build my bike because of a fractured clavicle. It’d be slow going building a bike with only one working arm.

I’ll be back on the bike in about a month and a half or so, and I’ll update this thread with pictures when I begin the build (after recovery.) Meanwhile, here’s a picture of my frame and a picture of my head.

(it’s a very unflattering picture of me, but i’ll throw in a better one at some point. please wear your helmets - i’m the dumbass who didnt.)

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/11/2018 9:21 PM

Heal up young dude! I crashed pretty hard tonight at the local indoor and if i didn't have my helmet on i would have been sleeping on impact. That Tall Boy is going to look great, all black parts?

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

1/11/2018 9:37 PM

Dang, that sucks Dan. I broke my collarbone (clavical) a little over a year ago now I think, and it was'not as bad as I thought, I don't know how bad yours is, but it didn't really hurt too much after a couple days, it was just uncomfortable. And not being able to move my whole arm was annoying though. That really sucks about your skull though... that's awesome youll be making a full recovery from it though! And I really like that frame, I kinda want a TallBoy in black. That'll probably be after my Fiend Reynold retires though... will definatly be checking back here to see the progress!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

1/11/2018 10:26 PM

That frame is sick as fuck . You’ll be happy with S&M’s quality . Only reason I swapped mine was purely geometry and chain tensioners . I remember you putting it up on Instagram as a poll , I think it suites you .

And you’ll heal up sooner than later , don’t be hard on yourself and just gotta understand it’ll be even better riding once you’re back !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/12/2018 4:49 AM

The frame is really cool.

All the best with the recovery and keep us updated.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

1/12/2018 5:00 AM

God bless you, man. You've got more to do in this life.

Frame is awesome. S&M rocks. All black trim will be a show piece!

|

1/12/2018 5:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2018 5:31 AM

HA! I just picked up (should be arriving today!!!) an S&M Tallboy! I can't wait. So we will be building the same bike at the same time. I am not at such a disadvantage, however since i broke my clavicle in 2008 & I think it might be healed by now. Really, REALLY sorry to hear about your noggin! Man, that really sucks! But, I'm happy it's been taken care of & you are alright. Prayers for your speedy recovery, dude!

P.S. Don't worry, my frame is the trans gold so we won't be complete "twins". BTW, what size TT is your frame?

|

1/12/2018 7:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2018 7:28 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

HA! I just picked up (should be arriving today!!!) an S&M Tallboy! I can't wait. So we will be building the same bike at the same time. I am not at such a disadvantage, however since i broke my clavicle in 2008 & I think it might be healed by now. Really, REALLY sorry to hear about your noggin! Man, that really sucks! But, I'm happy it's been taken care of & you are alright. Prayers for your speedy recovery, dude!

P.S. Don't worry, my frame is the trans gold so we won't be complete "twins". BTW, what size TT is your frame?

You better post pics Mishinn! I really wanted that one, and in a week or two I would've had the rest of the money to buy It, but you beat me to it! It's okay though becasue I probably didn't need it as i love my Fiend Reynolds sooooo much! And I may pick up a TallBoy from a buddy, he has a TallBoy now and he said he's getting a new frame so I may ask him if I can take it off him for like $75 or something because it's an older one and he rides it pretty hard...

|

1/13/2018 8:58 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Heal up young dude! I crashed pretty hard tonight at the local indoor and if i didn't have my helmet on i would have been sleeping on impact. That Tall Boy is going to look great, all black parts?

If I can sell my volume for a decent price, I'll be buying an Odysssy/Profile wheelset for it. Black Hazard lites to an elite front hub, and profile z coaster read. I'll be using my chrome R25's and chrome Big 4's with odyssey drivetrain (all black) and black seat and seatpost

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/13/2018 8:59 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Dang, that sucks Dan. I broke my collarbone (clavical) a little over a year ago now I think, and it was'not as bad as I thought, I don't know how bad yours is, but it didn't really hurt too much after a couple days, it was just uncomfortable. And not being able to move my whole arm was annoying though. That really sucks about your skull though... that's awesome youll be making a full recovery from it though! And I really like that frame, I kinda want a TallBoy in black. That'll probably be after my Fiend Reynold retires though... will definatly be checking back here to see the progress!

Even though the tallboys just been sitting in my room, I cannot wait to build and ride it. It's a lovely frame! Expect the build to start sometime in later January

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/13/2018 9:00 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

That frame is sick as fuck . You’ll be happy with S&M’s quality . Only reason I swapped mine was purely geometry and chain tensioners . I remember you putting it up on Instagram as a poll , I think it suites you .

And you’ll heal up sooner than later , don’t be hard on yourself and just gotta understand it’ll be even better riding once you’re back !

Thank you man! I'm happy to finally own an S&M.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/13/2018 9:02 AM

@ aitkenosgod and fuyrus, thank you guys for your warm wishes. And for the compliments on the frame, aha

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/13/2018 9:04 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I just noticed the thread you threw up, yours is looking good! I've got an extra large frame on my hands, 21.25" top tube. A bit of a step up from 21".

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/13/2018 7:55 PM

Danm....heal up bro...i kinda knw tha feeling...i broke a bone near my wrist once coming off a steep hill then fell in a pot hole n my tire tube poped on me while going in another pot hole..i jumped off but impact was too hard on the hand..right now i still have the scar on my hand n it was a long time ago

|

1/14/2018 8:18 AM

Jae jae wrote:

Danm....heal up bro...i kinda knw tha feeling...i broke a bone near my wrist once coming off a steep hill then fell in a pot hole n my tire tube poped on me while going in another pot hole..i jumped off but impact was too hard on the hand..right now i still have the scar on my hand n it was a long time ago

Did the bone pop out?

|

1/14/2018 8:19 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

I just noticed the thread you threw up, yours is looking good! I've got an extra large frame on my hands, 21.25" top tube. A bit of a step up from 21".

That haircut will look badass to show off your scar once youre all healed up!

|

1/14/2018 9:29 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

That haircut will look badass to show off your scar once youre all healed up!

ooh, thing is, since i took that picture i shaved all my hair off. i’ll definitely be showing off the scar, aha

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/14/2018 3:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2018 3:21 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Hell, I have a 1/4" on you. Mines a 21.5". I'm moving up from a 20.85" tt.

|

1/15/2018 11:26 AM

Heal up, man!

That build is gonna be sweeeeeet!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

1/16/2018 3:49 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Heal up, man!

That build is gonna be sweeeeeet!

thanks dawg! i started about 15 minutes ago. i stripped my volume, and started on the s&m.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/16/2018 3:50 PM

So far, i’ve decided to do this build a bit slower than i normal would and clean the hell out of all the old parts. so far, so good! only got the front end on at the moment. all the parts from my old frame, except i got an animal MR stem from buck.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/16/2018 5:59 PM

This things going to be sick!

Looks like there's no issues with that 166mm fork and that 5" head tube.

|

1/16/2018 6:01 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

This things going to be sick!

Looks like there's no issues with that 166mm fork and that 5" head tube.

thanks you!!

nope, none at all. the steerer tube only sits about 3mm below the top of the stem, so it’s a perfect fit

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/16/2018 6:11 PM

Dope, man!

I was going to run my stem slammed also, but S&M implied in this promo that you needed the XL steerer tube for that to happen... They must of been blitzed, or something! lol

|

1/16/2018 8:25 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

Dope, man!

I was going to run my stem slammed also, but S&M implied in this promo that you needed the XL steerer tube for that to happen... They must of been blitzed, or something! lol

no clue what they’re talking about, this fork works just fine haha. maybe they’re just trying to sell a couple extra forks here and there

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/17/2018 7:27 PM

Are those bars bobs or big fours?

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

1/17/2018 7:31 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

I'm pretty sure those are the og Bob bars...

|

1/18/2018 11:25 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Nope, they're big fours. If I could get my hands on a pair of bob bars I would certainly ride them

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/18/2018 1:10 PM

Hope u have a speedy recovery young man! I’ll make sure me and my son wear our helmets even if we’re just cruising around. That build is gonna look sick with all the black on it when it’s done! It already looks dope right now

|

1/18/2018 4:23 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Nope, they're big fours. If I could get my hands on a pair of bob bars I would certainly ride them

Aw dang, I'd love a pair of bobs or big fours, too bad I'm 6'2" and I hate small bars, they hurt my back... but if I was shorter, I would be all over them! That's why I got the Sunday Street Sweeper bars, 9" rise and has the double bend like the big fours and bobs... so they're like a taller version of those!

|