Ultra Super Mega Tech (Updated, pictures on page 2)

Related:
Create New Tag

4/22/2014 5:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/27/2014 3:44 PM

After a ton of part swapping and such, I finally have my bike set up perfectly. Dont judge it by its appearance, this thing is 100% street/streetland with only a little park on the side.
Frame: United Dinero 21.2" 75.5hta 12.9cs 11.8bbh 8.5soh
Fork: Odyssey F25
Handlebars: Shadow Vultus 9"r 28"w 3u 10b (See page 2)
Cranks: Fit Indent 24 170mm
Stem: Odyssey SXTN 48mm
Sprocket: Odyssey MDS 28t
Pedals: Odyssey JC/PC (See page 2)
Headset: Generic 45/45 with Shadow Grande dust cap (See page 2)
Bottom Bracket: Fit 24mm
Grips: Odyssey Aitkens with Alienation Backlash flanges (See page 2)
Tires: Fit FAF-K Folding Nightvision 2.25s
Chain: Odyssey Bluebird
Seat: United Beacon XL Kevlar
Seatpost: BSD
F Wheel: Odyssey Vandero2 3x Alienation Runaway Stay Strong w/ BSD Jersey Barrier
R Wheel: Gsport Ratchet 9t 3x Alienation Runaway Stay Strong with Daily Grind Infinity
Pegs: Shadow Little Ones x2
F Brakes: Left Odyssey Monolever (S), Odyssey Slic, Odyssey Evo 2, Koolstop Supra 2
R Brakes: Odyssey M2 (S) + cables, 34r Orto, Odyssey GTX, Tree Power x2, Stolen Knuckle cable guide/mod, Odyssey Evo 2, Odyssey A-pads

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/22/2014 5:37 PM

Real nice! Makes me miss my brakes.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

4/22/2014 6:17 PM

I Loved My 2 x Brakes, Freecoaster, 4 x Peg Set Up.

I Just Had Some Major Problems (Contradictions Right Har!) I Could NEVER Get My Brakes Exactly How I Wanted Them, The Hub Guards I Had Sucked & It Was A KHE Freecoaster & My God Do I Ever HATE KHE Axial Style Coasters!

|

4/22/2014 6:48 PM

This is rad man! Really like the whole set up looks like fun

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

4/22/2014 7:19 PM

Thanks guys!

And shout out to all the homies on here who gave me such killer deals on parts. Much appreciated.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

4/22/2014 7:24 PM

gnarrrr

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

4/22/2014 7:34 PM

Bow to the tech god

|

4/22/2014 10:46 PM

That's awesome.

|

4/22/2014 11:48 PM

God damnnit! its perfect homie!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

4/23/2014 4:43 AM

love it, bet thats so fun to ride. If i had lots of money id do a 2 brake setup fo sure!

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

4/23/2014 4:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/23/2014 4:47 AM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i just looked at that frame on the united site. i REALLY want to try one now. and for once, i know theres a guy at the park with one! hows the frame ride?

EDIT. its on sale for £160 new aswell!

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

4/23/2014 12:26 PM

Awesome bike man!

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/23/2014 5:34 PM

Clean

|

Text Me For Faster Response (770)572-6425
Refs]: AllDayErrday.JakeSalbert.FunkyChicken.SuperstarDK.Genesis.ilovemybike22.blainep80.
Tommyboy.1of1547.oscar5788.Wade.Droogskull.TCbmx.Showtime402.nettyrspeghetti.theprophet.Kurtnut.
aw1234512.ScramHype.KnightLight.Tito24.Obiwanchromoly.Spikez5.BEASTASSDICK.Tjthemaxx.Areanfsl.
_brendan.Penman166.J.r Faw.SK1611.DontDELETEmePLEASEandTHANKyou.nshs2010.martinnn1004.
Warchol2.milou.Shutta.asilva23.a08.faiilz.HowlerFbm."FLORIDABMX"Dogbones.The Balt.Bdk1313.Jeez123.
Broughton.vin93.ticaleb.Hooligan703.dream.Element4all.skubasteve.Kymike.Andynahnah.Killawolf.Bmx-junkie.T-1 517.BmxKitten.Jaekass.Mario.villegas90++++++++++MANY MANY MORE

4/23/2014 6:44 PM

Rad.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

4/23/2014 6:59 PM

Sweet. Did those rims fix your brake issue?

|

4/23/2014 7:06 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i just looked at that frame on the united site. i REALLY want to try one now. and for once, i know ...more

It's the most technical frame on the market outside of small companies and flatland frames. I really like it.

Only true problem I had was with the 11.8bbh coming from an 11.5. My 8.66 bars felt so short! Got these 9s and now everything feels perfect!

It was super twitchy the first few days and I looped out ALOT. After I got used to the frame and learned how to handle it, it hasnt been noticeably twitchy at all, but I have a ton of bike control so I can handle what others might not be able to! Hell, I just rode it at trails the other day and bombed some HUGE rutted out hills and got some decent air over a table top.

The short CS is like a dream. I learned icepicks, manual 180s, and flat 360s off the bat as if ive been doing them for years. I also noticed my hops became alot higher.

The 75.5 headtube is great, had it on my previous frame aswell. Nose tricks are incredible easy and barspins are snappy.

I REALLY enjoy the slightly lower 8.5" seat tube. Most tech frames are sitting with a monstrous 9". I love the feel of the 8.5 coming from a 8.75. Really helps with getting over the frame on footjam whips and has helped me put a dent on learning cancans.

THICK investment cast dropouts and a BEAUTIFULLY engraved headtube add some beauty to thickly tubed beast.

Only thing I DONT like about this frame is the style of brake mounts it uses! Huge pain in the ass. But once theyre on you dont have to worry about them, so no biggy.

I would highly recommend this frame if you have the bike control to handle it! Best choice I ever made!

|

4/23/2014 7:08 PM

GThompson121 wrote:

Sweet. Did those rims fix your brake issue?

Thanks for asking! YES they did. 6000series aluminum which is much softer, therefore grips much better AND the CNC'd sidewalls make my braking performance 10x better! Now not only do they help my rear wheel lock, but they get to help lock up the front aswell. smile

|

4/23/2014 7:10 PM

ecuadevil wrote:

Clean

Thanks homie! I really appreciate the killer deal you gave me on this frame. I love it! Suits me perfectly.

And thanks to everyone else for the kind words! smile

|

4/23/2014 9:04 PM

I approve of this work of art. And front brakes. Awww yiss.

|

4/24/2014 12:11 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

It's the most technical frame on the market outside of small companies and flatland frames. I really like it.

Only true ...more

Its not miles away from my irish geo, same 8.5" s o, slight shorter cs (mine 13.21) and .5 extra ht angle, so I can't imagine it being being too dificult to get used to, I love tech frames so I should be fine. And it does look like a quality frame aswell, which is a must for me, but saying that I don't think I'm anywhere near breaking my frame so id have either break this one (unlikely. Especially with a lifetime warrenty) or get rich an plan a new build. I couldn't bare to see my frame I've got now not getting used

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

4/24/2014 12:38 AM

Did you have to take off the rear hub collar for that universal guard to go on or what?

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/24/2014 4:42 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Did you have to take off the rear hub collar for that universal guard to go on or what?

Nope? Installed it like I would on any other hub.

|

4/26/2014 12:30 PM

Got some OEM Strip decals from SBC. Brang the bars back to life a little. Photo

Photo

|

4/26/2014 9:10 PM

Properly Stoked On Your Build Tim! This Is Literally The Best Bike You Have EVER Owned! I WISH We Lived Like 10mins Apart, I'd Keep Randomly Turning Up At Your Door... "Hi Tim, Wanna Ride BMXycles? I'll Take Yours For A Lil Spin First Yeah?" grin

|

4/26/2014 10:20 PM

Topsey wrote:

Properly Stoked On Your Build Tim! This Is Literally The Best Bike You Have EVER Owned! I WISH We Lived Like 10mins Apart, I'd ...more

Thanks Jon! Means a ton. I wish that too, id love to get the expert Topsey opinion on how she handles! Haha. One day, maybe. I dont have any future plans for this build, I think its perfect. So who knows, maybe in 5 years we'll have the chance to ride and this will be practically the same bike still haha.

|

4/27/2014 11:08 AM

I want those hubs they are so sick

|

5/2/2014 11:05 PM

Nice ride man! I had those same Bars. Do you haveproblems with them slipping at all? The ones I had were not knurled very well.

|

5/3/2014 6:36 AM

michael.eckhart wrote:

Nice ride man! I had those same Bars. Do you haveproblems with them slipping at all? The ones I had were not knurled very ...more

So far so good.
Honestly, when i received them, the clamping area was a little dirty and I didn't see any knurling at all. I didn't notice the knurling whatsoever until I took a picture of it with my flash on.
But I had Odyssey GY3s before these, and for whatever reason the knurling on them is incredibly deep and SHARP. So after installing my stem on the GY3s, my stem now has some very noticeable impressions from them, which is cool I guess haha, I imagine probably helps with slipping.
I think aslong as you have a decent CNC 6000 series stem, you should be fine even with little knurling. On a 7000 series stem, you might need some bars like my GY3s.

|

5/3/2014 6:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/3/2014 6:27 PM

Hey man how much clearance do you have at the bb/cs area? I've got a 30t mds do you think that would clear or would the 28 be the max?

And clean build man

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

5/3/2014 8:47 PM

Gump wrote:

Hey man how much clearance do you have at the bb/cs area? I've got a 30t mds do you think that would clear or would the 28 be ...more

Even if you added a spacer, a 30 would not work. I have absolutely no room for my sprocket to wobble with 28. Biggest let down of this frame because I wanted to flip my MDS. Its most likely to do with the wider tire clearance and super beefy chainstays.
So unless you want to dent/file the CS, youll need a 27/28.

And thanks man!

|