Inertia check

Related:
Create New Tag

2/5/2011 8:05 AM

I haven't posted a bike check here yet, so I figured I'd post the newest of my 4 bikes up. It was purpose built to be kept in the trunk of my car with no problems, as a street/flatland hybrid.
Frame-Inertia Unit Elite 853 18.8 tt
fork-Fit Shiv
headset- Solid, modified to use with Integrated race forks
Bars- S&M Slams
stem- S&M Redneck
Gyro- Odyssey GTX-r, S&M upper plate and Snafu Astroglide dual cables
Grips- Animal Edwin
Brakes- Odyssey EVOII and Primo lever
Cranks- Primo Powerbites 170mm
pedals- Premium Slim PC
Sprocket- S&M Tuffman 30t
Chain- KMC 710 SL
front wheel- Odyssey Vandero 2
rear wheel- Profile high flange 48 10t laced to Odyssey 7KA
tires- DUO Stunner redwall
Seat post- Subrosa Layback pivotal
Seat- Odyssey Aitken Nightwolf pivotal

Still trying to decide if I am going to ride pegs or not, but if I do they'll probably be 3" Eclats

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

2/5/2011 8:21 AM

nice parts. but something is throwing the looks off for me. but if it functions then who really cares about what people think

|

refs:JakeSalbert whirls32 BEASTASSDICKwink bobPA tony larson bmx brentrides
fondue:"BMX is like weed. You can buy bongs and pipes, but smoking is illegal. Next time tell the cop you have a prescription to bmx"
first member of the fortnight EVERJULY 1ST -14TH

2/5/2011 8:22 AM

Looks pretty good.
That frame is so short, and I have never heard of it.
How the heck did you mod a Solid headset for that? You should post pics of it

|

2/5/2011 8:36 AM

gouldbmx wrote:

nice parts. but something is throwing the looks off for me. but if it functions then who really cares about what people think

The absolutely tiny tt? And if its a street/flatand combo, where are the pegs? haha, nice parts anyway. Looks pretty good too.

|

R.I.P. COMPTON
E-mail:chrisschmall@yahoo.com
Refs:chadr, spikez5, umpgotti, brenden1207

First MOTM 12/2010

2/5/2011 8:36 AM

It's a flatland frame...that's probably why it looks a little weird. I wanted a smaller frame to try out for a while and these are on clearance since Inertia went out of business. No flatlanders wanted a "street" geo frame, and street guys don't want a sub-19"tt.
It works great for a hybrid though.

to mod the Solid headset to run integrated race forks, just replace the fork race with a top race and it works perfectly. Extra races are $6 direct from Solid. I'll take some pics and post a tutorial if you'd like

|

2/5/2011 8:38 AM

gouldbmx wrote:

cschmall wrote:

The absolutely tiny tt? And if its a street/flatand combo, where are the pegs? haha, nice parts anyway. Looks pretty good too.

No pegs because it was inspired by Chad Johnston. Was watching some of his "no peg" vids and want to try some of the stuff he does. Also, probably going to order some Eclat pegs if that plan doesn't work out
Thanks though

|

2/5/2011 8:40 AM

gouldbmx wrote:

cschmall wrote:

yea that is pretty small. i like the 21" tt but that may just be me and im a bit taller than average.

|

refs:JakeSalbert whirls32 BEASTASSDICKwink bobPA tony larson bmx brentrides
fondue:"BMX is like weed. You can buy bongs and pipes, but smoking is illegal. Next time tell the cop you have a prescription to bmx"
first member of the fortnight EVERJULY 1ST -14TH

2/5/2011 8:50 AM

that seatpost looks weird as fuck too..

but your parts are legit

|

2/5/2011 9:58 AM

seatpost looks bent lol

|

2/5/2011 10:06 AM

blackandyellow wrote:

seatpost looks bent lol

It is. It's a layback post

|

2/5/2011 11:09 AM

those 3" eclat are sweet

|

makes sense..... if you don't think about it

2/5/2011 11:40 AM

definately an interesting build...solid parts...but not for me. lol, that tiny ass tt kills it for me...

|

2/5/2011 1:02 PM

lol dude, its almost too pretty to ride.

|

fear does not exist in this dojo, does it? NO SENSEI!! pain does not exist in this dojo, does it?? NO SENSEI!! defeat! does not exist in this dojo, does it? NO SENSEI!!