[updated]Introduction & Bike check

Related:
Create New Tag

2/9/2018 7:40 AM

Hey Everyone I'm new to the forum, in decided to get back into BMX street since 11 years or so ago lol. I just picked up a used BMX on Craigslist after searching for a few weeks. So I finally found one and what I paid for the bike I found out it's the price of one hub lol. I'm super excited to start riding again. Bikes came along way and now I can afford good bikes and parts. Still learning all the new bike parts and scenes

Frame : 2016 WTP Crysis
Forks: saltPlus "EX", Full 4130 Crmo , 1-Piece Formed Crmo Steerer, 33mm Offset
Bars : full chromoly
Stem : SaltPlus "Center v3" Top Loading, 50mm Reach
Headset : Salt "Pro" Int., Sealed Bearing
Grips: vans gum
Barends : not sure
Lever : Rant
Cranks dizzyalt "Groove" Tubular 3-Piece "TSS", Crmo, 170mm, 8 Spline
Pedals: SaltPlus "Stealth" Loose Ball, Nylon/Fiberglass
Sprocket : I'm not sure what brand the sproket is he replaced it bit he couldn't remember. But it's 25T
Chain : half-link replaced but not sure brand
Brakes : Salt "Moto XL" Alloy U-Brake Rear
Pads :not sure
Seat : WeThePeople "Crysis" Fat Padded Pivotal
Seatclamp : integrated
Rear Wheel : odessey areospace 380 black
Front Wheel : odessey but not sure what model chrome
Tyres : Front 2.3 Rear 2.4 sting
Extras: Black ops pegs
Mods: came with front and rear antigram hubs which I had know idea what they were until I looked them up seem pretty good.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

2/9/2018 5:11 PM

Hey Ronnie, great to have you here! That’s one quality wheelset you got there, and at a great price from what you said! That bikes looking good. I dig the tires.

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

2/9/2018 6:07 PM

Ya, you have Odyssey A+ wheels F&R... which are pretty much the best complete wheels you can buy!

Nice score!

|

2/9/2018 6:25 PM

Thanks guys just don't Kno why he would put one chrome wheel and one black, but I found out today the bb bearings are shot. So I ordered some with a new shadow King cobra sprocket

|

2/9/2018 6:29 PM

When I discovered the bb being bad by taking it apart it was riding for the first time since I was a teenager and it's like learning all over again I can't even bunny hop lol

|

2/9/2018 6:30 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

Ya, you have Odyssey A+ wheels F&R... which are pretty much the best complete wheels you can buy!

Nice score!

Thanks guys just don't Kno why he would put one chrome wheel and one black, but I found out today the bb bearings are shot. So I ordered some with a new shadow King cobra sprocket

Edit

|

2/9/2018 6:42 PM

I always do chrome in the rear, but I actually dig the the chrome in the front!

|

2/9/2018 7:01 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

I always do chrome in the rear, but I actually dig the the chrome in the front!

Why is that if you don't mind me asking

|

2/9/2018 8:48 PM

It used to be really common in the 90's to mid 00's.

Some people do it, because they think it makes their brakes perform better... Some people don't like brake wear on black/ colored wheels.

I do it, because all the older homies I grew up around did it and I just always loved the style... lol

|

2/10/2018 6:06 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

It used to be really common in the 90's to mid 00's.

Some people do it, because they think it makes their brakes perform ...more

Oh ok I can see why now, the paint from the black wheel is all off from the brakes

|

2/26/2018 5:25 PM

Sick bike! You should get matching rims though :p

|

2/28/2018 4:05 PM

Photo

|

2/28/2018 4:05 PM

Finally got my parts in!

|

2/28/2018 8:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2018 8:48 PM

Hell yeah, badass sprocket. I’ve run that lever for quite a while and i have to say, i’m almost certain you’ll love it

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

3/1/2018 3:55 AM

Really nice bike that. The wheelset is top, I would like that front wheel on mine!

The new parts look fresh too.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

3/1/2018 9:34 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

Really nice bike that. The wheelset is top, I would like that front wheel on mine!

The new parts look fresh too.

Thanks man! I just noticed putting parts on that the rear driver moves side to side and before I put the rear wheel on I discovered that if u pull on the driver the whole thing comes out of the casing! I'm not sure if it's supposed to do that or not

|

3/1/2018 12:41 PM

Photo

Photo

|

3/1/2018 12:44 PM

Installed the new Odyssey brake lever and shadow skull 25t sprocket, with a new eclat mid BB not able to get the old pedals off at the moment to replace so these will do until I get new cranks.

|

3/1/2018 12:46 PM

Photo

Photo

|