Is WTP Arcade 2015 good?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/13/2017 8:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2017 8:07 AM

I have a WTP 2015 arcade and I'm not sure what parts I should swap, I'm thinking my bars, grips and possibly my front wheel. Do you guys have any thoughts, and if there are parts that should be swapped please list some good brands.
Photo

|

5/13/2017 11:15 AM

For next time, all BMX-related questions like this should be in the General BMX Forum section. But, seeing as you're already here...

Just swap out parts as time goes and things break. I understand that the stock grips may be rather junk, but why are you considering switching a front wheel and bars? Unless there's something wrong with it, keep the front wheel as long as it'll last.

For the bars, if you want to get taller ones (or lower ones), which is what I assume you want, then there are many options. Are you looking to get taller or lower bars? How tall are you?

Lastly, grips. I highly recommend ODI Longneck grips. BUT, mostly every aspect of a BMX bike setup is what a rider wants. It's all personal preference. If you have a local shop with BMX products, have a feel of the grips there, that'll help you make a choice that's best for you.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

5/15/2017 9:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/15/2017 9:17 PM

As far as swapping out parts goes, I would only recommend swapping pedals and grips and tires right from the start, just because those are easy and aren't too expensive either, also will make for a comfortable ride and maybe a better looking bike!

As for bars, I would only change those bars if they are not your size or you just want a different size, otherwise no point.

Lastly, there's no reason to change your front wheel, I used to ride a 2015 Justice before i swapped a lot of parts over time, but those salt wheels still hold up fine even after years of riding so don't bother with it for now.

If you do decide to switch anything heres what i recommend (THESE ARE JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION),
Bars: Demolition Rig or Eclat Strangler
Grips: ODI Super soft or Demolition Axes
Pedals: Odyssey Twisted PC, BSD Safari, Eclat Slash
Tires: Demolition Momentum, Eclat Predator or Eclat Fireball
***NOTE WHEN SWITCHING TIRES YOUR BACK TIRE WILL BE A 2.20 MAX AND FRONT 2.35 MAX BECAUSE THE FRAME CLEARANCE IS TOO SMALL***

|